Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not looking for negativity but positive encouragement....

I am right there with you. After four stressful days worth of binge eating, I know I have to get back on track. The band won't do it all by itself. I have to do it too. The mental part of this is the hardest thing EVER. I am here to vent to if you need a friend.

You all are sweet.

i started thinking that way with life in general. I say stupid things, get angry with my kids, eat something less than helpful, and I really do try to grant that grace and start anew. I hope it works for you all, too.

I also try to grant others the same when they screw up, too!

Edited by MissyMS

It's funny how your mind can play tricks on you like that. Mine does it quite often...a little of this, a little of that, I'm not losing much anyway so oh what the hell, screw it, I'm eating this, stuff like that.

Like anything, it doesn't really matter if you fall, what really matters is if you pick yourself back up. Pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and start over again with determination and care to not fall again. It's gonna happen, but as you see you and the band working together working for you, you'll be motivated to keep working at it, and the falls will happen less and less.

One thing that helps me is food journaling - counting calories. I also use MyFitnessPal and it helps me to see what foods I need to stay away from. It's not fail proof, I still have my moments when I give in to temptation...for some reason flaming hot cheetos have been my devil here lately, but I am very conscious now of how many calories are in foods and it reallys helps to tell myself my homemade eggbeaters tortilla is just as filling and satisfying as that egg mcmuffin and about 200 calories less! And when the boss offers to buy everyone a milkshake, I pass because I know it's a 350 calorie waste!

Good luck....keep striving...everyday is a new day to make it better!

I know that for myself, declaring any food a complete "no-no" is a binge waiting to happen. So I'm trying not to look at my band as just another diet (with all it's no-no foods) but as a way of life with room for indulgences now and then. And I have those indulgences (a small piece of dark chocolate some evenings, for example) regularly and I ENJOY them. Because I know that having that small, 50 calorie piece of good quality dark chocolate tonight not only satisfies my craving, but will keep me from searching the cupboards tomorrow for that elusive "something" that I just have to have that will cost me a thousand calories tomorrow (and that probably won't taste that good anyway.)

OMG!!! I am only 7 wks out and I too can eat more

than what I've been told and even thought I would be capable of eating. I haven't had my first fill yet, but

I'm hoping it helps. I guess it's true, this is only a tool,

so I've stepped it up and am working out everyday 1-2 hrs a day.

Good luck on your journey. :thumbup:

If you are just 4 months post-op, then you dont have enough restriction yet to prevent this. I am 2 years post-op and have lost 140lbs! Woohoo!!! But I went thru spells where I didnt lose for months and then it fell off for months. My mom even said one time "I dont think that band is working, your not losing any weight!" It was discouraging at the time. But I got the last laugh. I am 5'7" and in a size 10 for the first time since high school. I FEEL GREAT!! Be patient is the best advice I can give! Good luck.

Recalculating... When possible, make a U-turn.

Cracking up! Thank you for that way of looking at it! I'm laying in bed, feeling yucky and ill. Earlier, I "treated" myself (because I wasn't feeling well -- comfort needed!) to something I now regret. It wasn't a treat -- I feel awful! Jen's right -- a tiny 50-calorie treat is just the same as a 350-calorie treat. Blech!

I'm taking a nap - gonna sleep this off and when the alarm goes off, I'm off to the gym to RAWR it out! :thumbup:

you will do just fine. We all still eat yummy things that are no great for us. The difference is that we are eating them less often and smaller amounts. I still have "bad" weekends, but I never give up. That's why we had the surgery cause we needed help. I know it doesn't feel great when we make bad choices, but that is how we learn. It is ok to have chocolate or icecream sometimes. I know that I feel great about myself when i am eating right and excercising. It motivates me to do it more often cause I want to feel good.

keep up your hard work. icecream, chocolate, NO BIGGIE.:thumbup:

You have to allow yourself to have treats during this process. No need to beat yourself up about it!

That said, you might want to think about why you had the ice cream and chocolate -- did you really want it, or were you trying to stop yourself from succeeding with the band? I generally try to just let myself have treats when I really want them, and not to have them just for the sake of it. That's worked out pretty well for me.

Anyway, the band isn't about being perfect. If you do what you are supposed to about 90% of the time, you'll be just fine. One thing I love about the band is that it's finally let me stop beating myself up about my weight and what I eat and just enjoy things in moderation. You are only 4 months out, so give it some time. I bet you'll be there soon.

Best wishes for your success,

Catherine