Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone not lost weight?

I was banded Nov. 08 lost 25 pounds initially and nothing since. I have not gained but still. I watch what I eat. I could exercise more but this is really rediculous. I need dynamite to start my metabolism. Please help.

I was just banded yesterday so I have no advice but wanted to offer my support. This is one of my fears and I'm sure you are beyond frustrated. Hopefully our fellow bandsters can offer some advice. Good Luck.

How many fills have you had? If you don't have restriction your band is not working with you. Sometimes it takes 6-7 fills before you reach true restriction. It sounds like you're not there yet. Get in to see your doctor and tell them what you're feeling. So many people get the Lap Band and don't follow up with the needed fills for restriction. I wish you the best!!!

I don't have much experience w/ the band, but I would suggest keeping a food journal. The band is a tool to help you eat smaller portions, you must still watch what you eat and make smart choices. My doc told me that I need still need to "diet", the band is only supposed to keep me from getting hungry in between meals.

Mgirl- I was banded 8 months ago and have only lost 7 pounds in the last 3.5 months. I work out HARDCORE 6 days a week and eat right, but I am not at the right fill amount. They have had to take too much out right now due to some heartburn problems that they arr testing for my gallbladder or possible band slippage. Dont be discouraged. Once you have great restriction, you will lose consistantly. Once they find out my problem and fix it, they will fille back up to my good amount I used to be at and Ill lose again. Its NOT a fast fix...be patient. I promise its all worth it!

Had surgery Dec 08 have lost 45 lbs from a start of 200 lbs but have plateud for about 4 mths have had 7 fills now at 7.5 in 10cc band. When I go to office and stand on machine my BMR is 1200 so have been told to loose weight with such a low metabolism can only eat about 1100 to 1150 calories a day . Thats hard and to execise to. Tough for us with low metababolism's

Have you tried journaling your food & activity someplace like fitday.com? It can really help you detect patterns and identify things that you can change--sometimes, little tweaks can make a big difference.

I have a metabolism that's slower than molasses in January, so I really empathize!

I am loosing SUPER slow as well! I was banded 11/25/09 so in 2 1/2 months I have lost 15 pounds (lost the rest according to my ticker pre op). It's very hard...we just have to hang tight! It will come off! slow yes because we did not get bypass or sleeve so it's not fast but hopefully it will be LIFE LONG!

Are you eating enough calories?

Best thing to do is keep a food journal. Then look at your liquid cals. Mosy people need to eat around 900-1100 to keep the weigh comign off.

Good luck... I feel your pain. I've been stuck at the same weight for four months now. I had to step up the walking and lower me cals to make it work again.

Honestly, if it weren't for journaling, I don't think I would be losing so well. I use thedailyplate.com and journal everything I eat, as well as exercise. Remember, if you are exercising, you need to compensate for those calories burned. As a PP mentioned, there is a possibility you aren't taking in enough calories (which was my issue for awhile).

Do you have restriction? If not, perhaps you could go in for a fill or try the 5-day pouch test to jump start your weight loss and get you back in tune with your band. I did it almost 2 weeks ago when I hit a plateau and I've started losing again (knock on wood).

Good luck to you! Stay with it!!!

Hey,

I lost 20 pounds right after my surgery and then from October until my 3rd fill on February 5th, I had only lost 2 pounds. Since my fill (and this is the only one I have had restriction with) I have lost 5 pounds! Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the right one! It's worth it, we just have to be patient and I know that's not what you want to hear. I know I didn't! LOL But everyone is right about keeping a food journal. I never remember to write it down so I use dailyplate.com too. It figures all the numbers out for you and because I am online so much I find it easier than actually writing it down! Good Luck! You CAN do this!!!

I was banded Nov. 08 lost 25 pounds initially and nothing since. I have not gained but still. I watch what I eat. I could exercise more but this is really rediculous. I need dynamite to start my metabolism. Please help.

Mgirl,

Loss or gain has to do with calories in vs calories out. If you aren't losing anything, it means you are eating as many calories as your body needs.

If you go here, you can enter your stats and calculate how many calories you need per day to maintain your goal weight based on your exercise level. Then Journal everything you put in your mouth, even a tic tac. Journal your movement through the day. You may find you're eating more than you thought in terms of calories or not moving as much as you thought.

I use myfitnesspal.com to journal EVERYTHING I eat, as was said, "even a tic tac". Great tool and I would be lost without it.