Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If your stalled, this worked for me...

So for the past 2 1/2 weeks I was stalled and had been fighting with 2 pounds. I would lose it, then the next day it would be right back and I would have to lose it again. So frustrating. So I started thinking what I was doing before that I wasn't doing now.

The answer was being deligent about my Protein. I was naive in thinking I could get my protein through food without drinking my daily shake. I would drink it maybe every other day or every 3rd day. It was because I didn't want to use up the calories. Wanted to save them for food. So I re-read my nutritionist info and reminded myself I need to be getting about 75 grams of protein. That task is impossible unless all you eat is protein all day. So for the past week, I have skipped my regular Breakfast and instead I do a 12 ounce Protein Shake (about 50 grams protein & 260 calories) in the morning. I eat normally the rest of the day. This way I can easily get the remaining 25 grams and even exceed my quota. I had been doing this for about a week and weighed in and...to my delight I was down 3 pounds & the next day another pound!!!

All I can say is don't fight the process. We need our shakes. If you just start the day right, you don't have to worry the rest of the day. Your body NEEDS protein. So if your stalled, this might work for you too.

that is very helpful. I was thinking I would take a similar approach and my sister (who had lapband about 4 years ago) said you were not supposed to eat/drink stuff like that with the band...So I started thinking maybe scrambled eggs for breakfast to make sure I could get the Protein requirement in. I think I will stick to the morning shake! It is so simple. just had my first check in after surgery and I am down 11 lbs! Doc said not to expect big numbers next time...just 1 - 1.5 lbs a week...Fine with me as long as it doesn't come back!!!

I was doing eggs in the morning, but I still wasn't getting enough. Once you get at a good restriction point...which I am slowly getting to, you probably can't eat much in the morning anyway. So that is why I decided to drink my shake then. But if you aren't getting restriction, then just do your shake as a snack sometime during the day. Good luck.

Hey I will try anything LOL! I also find that if I take a sugar free pudding cup, put in a scoop of chocolate Protein Powder and a little bit of fat free cool whip, I have a delicious FILLING chocolate mousse with 24 grams of Protein and 160 calories :-)!

Hey I will try anything LOL! I also find that if I take a sugar free pudding cup, put in a scoop of chocolate Protein powder and a little bit of fat free cool whip, I have a delicious FILLING chocolate mousse with 24 grams of Protein and 160 calories :-)!

OMG im so going to do that!

I was doing eggs in the morning, but I still wasn't getting enough. Once you get at a good restriction point...which I am slowly getting to, you probably can't eat much in the morning anyway. So that is why I decided to drink my shake then. But if you aren't getting restriction, then just do your shake as a snack sometime during the day. Good luck.

Stephanie, I'm SO glad you posted this! I'm fighting the same 1 to 2 lbs too.

If I may ask, what kind of Protein shakes do you drink? I am probably going to buy some this week to see if that helps me. I'm struggling to get to 60 grams of Protein some days.

-Maggifer

What a good idea for the chocolate Protein powder. Will have to try that! MMM Good.

My doctor doesn't want me to get my Protein from liquids he wants me to get my protein through solid foods only, 3 meals a day with maybe a snack. This is really really hard!!! I eat a lot of chicken with about 7 g or protein per ounce, but I'm not getting enough protein in. I can't eat eggs. For some reason my band has rejected them and I gag, so I gave them up for now. I am trying to take a Protein Shake every day, in the morning. I'm still using the Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes, that yeild 27 g of protein plus the 8 g from a cup of milk. So, 35 g of protien in a shake works out well for me. Thanks for posting this and letting me know it might just work!!

Stephanie, I'm SO glad you posted this! I'm fighting the same 1 to 2 lbs too.

If I may ask, what kind of Protein shakes do you drink? I am probably going to buy some this week to see if that helps me. I'm struggling to get to 60 grams of Protein some days.

-Maggifer

I swear by myoplex lite bars. 20 grams of protien and 190 calories. Less then 5 grams sugar. You can get them at Walmart. No mixing involved.

I swear by myoplex lite bars. 20 grams of protien and 190 calories. Less then 5 grams sugar. You can get them at Walmart. No mixing involved.

Awesome, thank you vlp1968! I will go there after work tonight to check them out :confused:

I think if most people would clarify with their doctor what they mean by 'snacking', they'd find their doctors and nuts are referring to junk food snacking. There is absolutely *nothing* wrong with eating a healthy Protein snack (cheese, hard boiled egg, etc.) mid-morning, mid-afternoon and mid-evening.

Not only are you working at getting your Protein in, but you're also helping to keep your blood sugar stable. When our blood sugar swings, we crave and we're hungry. Going too long between meals starts the swing.

Personally, I'm too busy to stop and eat but I know I need that stabilization, so I drink an EAS ready to drink Protein Shake for my mid-meals. They're 110 calories, 4 carbs and 17 protein. If I have time and I'm where I can do it, I'll mix up an Isopure chocolate shake (GNC) because for 1 scoop, they're also 110 calories, 1.5 carbs and 25 protein.

On the days when I forget, I can look back at that day and know exactly where it all fell apart.

Thanks for all the good advice. I have discovered a really good Protein shake...It's made my premier nutrition and is only available at costco. 30 g. of protein, 1 g. of sugar and I think it's only about 130 cals. Tastes like a richer version of slim fast and a really easy way to get in 30 g. of protein. Protein has been a huge key for me along this journey.

Thanks I am not a breakfast eater and the only egg I can tolerate is an omelette with a bunch of stuff in it or deviled eggs. My nutritionist was saying the same thing that when I move to solids that is just what I need to eat. I am not morning person, so whipping a shake up is easier than cooking an omelette everyday!