Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just got out of surgery

I am in school to and started back a week after surgery. Now is almost 2 weeks and I feel great. Just a little ache here and there but I use the liquid tylenol too. I had the shoulder pain from the moment I woke up. It is fading and I only have it at night. Just a little bit. Congrats on your surgery.

hi! ok, so 2nd day definitly worse than first! i am soooo sore, i dont know if its normal but i am sore everywhere... legs, arms, neck, back, abdomen... i mean sore, sore, sore! i haven't had any nausea, which is good, but definitly gas pain... and too much sorenes

Hi, Thanks for advice, I had to eat about three reaspoons of yogurt and that helped the nausea, feeling better and am sipping on the protien drink . Have you tried the Isopure? I'm thinking about trying it as it would be different from the milk based drink. Maggie

Congrats on your surgery. I find all of your questions and concerns so important since hopefully I'll have the surgery in April. I've learned so much from your questions and other's suggestions. Good luck and continued success!:w00t:

I had my surgery Dec. 21st. So I am about 1 month post op. I felt really good the first two days after surgery, sore but O.K. My hardest days were days three and four due to the gas issue...I was miserable. It lasted for about a week and then tapered off. I now feel completely normal and am anxious to get my first fill since I am regaining my full appetite again...good luck to you.

hi, congrats on your surgery. since you´re really young you´ll feel better in no time. the difficult thing will be the liquid diet.....but i am sure you´ll survive. plus you´ll start feeling much better as soon as you start seing some weightloss.

thank all of u for the nice and ecouraging comments!!! so third day, was better, much better than yesterday, i dont feel as sore, it is basically just gas pain, but i can handle it... i have been walking too, heard that helps, i am doing good on my liquid diet, i dont really feel that hungry, i think i am more worried about doing things right than worrying if i am hungry or not, so the liquid diet hasnt been that hard... thanks again, and any tips and comments are more than welcome!

Congratulations on your surgery!

I am almost 3 months post op. I had a hard few days post surgery.

The gas pain was the worst. I would feel great in the morning but as the day went on I would build up gas pains in the left quadrants of my abdomen. The only thing that seemed to ease the pains would be to lay on my left side. The gasses would dissipate and next morning start all over.

This lasted for almost three weeks.

When you "graduate" to solid foods... eat slowly. Your food may end up cold, but you will stay comfortable. Especially when you get to your sweet spot. I just got my second fill and am at 6cc's. I am starting to feel a restriction and I have to tell you.

Listen to your body.

If you are starting to feel full. You are full. Don't take an extra bite just because you want to taste a little more. It is not worth it.

Best of luck to you on your journey. you will do fabulous. :w00t:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches