Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG!! I had more food today than ever. I am in week 5 and today had food all day long. U name it I had it. I have lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks have no clue what I will weigh in the morning. I had brownies three brownies sometime today. For Breakfast two eggs. lunch plate one scoop tablesppon of each dressing, green Beans, mac cheese, one slice honey ham, baked beans, hash brown casoreole, broccli cassrole.another slice ham I had this for supper. Had cookie later. Can not belive i ate all that today and did not feel full or sick. I usally have two eggs for breakfast and cup of food for lunch and super. anyone else make bad choices over the holiday?:blink::sad:

OMG!! I had more food today than ever. I am in week 5 and today had food all day long. U name it I had it. I have lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks have no clue what I will weigh in the morning. I had brownies three brownies sometime today. For breakfast two eggs. lunch plate one scoop tablesppon of each dressing, green Beans, mac cheese, one slice honey ham, baked Beans, hash brown casoreole, broccli cassrole.another slice ham I had this for supper. Had cookie later. Can not belive i ate all that today and did not feel full or sick. I usally have two eggs for breakfast and cup of food for lunch and super. anyone else make bad choices over the holiday?:blink::sad:

have u had any fills yet? Im right behind u i was banded a month ago yesterday but i got a fill on the 21st n I had restriction for a couple of days. nt 2day though. dnt beat urself up 2day but know 2morrow its bk 2 the hard work. Its been confusing 2 me sometimes i can eat more n then other times i cnt. I dnt know what 2 do. best wishes

I have also made some poor choices the past couple of days. We had our holiday meal at home two days before Christmas, then another at my inlaws on Christmas Eve, then an open house on Christmas Day.

I probably ate more than I needed to - definitely more than a half cup of food, but then I didn't really gorge, either. I still feel guilty, though! A turkey medallion in Cabernet reduction, about three T. mashed potatoes and another three T. dressing, then veggies, then three bites of chocolate mousse -- but in all honesty, it was still far less than I would have eaten in the past, so though I have not been brave enough to get on the scale, I'm claiming it as a victory and vowing to do better after the holiday!

Something that has been helping me a lot is using my "baby spoon." I felt silly using an actual child's spoon, so I picked up several silver demitasse spoons at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They were just $2 each. I know it's silly, but it really helps me to feel less like someone who has just had weight loss surgery, and more a part of a normal family meal with somewhat "normal" eating utensils :blink:

I totally know what you're feeling. I'm 6 weeks out, with one fill, and today was killer. I spent the day with family. And surrounded by tons of food. Nothing remotely healthy in sight. Mashed potatoes where half of it is butter, sugary snack, only carbonated beverages, adthe ultimate killer...tameles. more than one kind, and being cooked all day long. i know that i ate more than i should have, but tomorrow is a new day. good luck to you all...

I didn't do well today either. We had Prime Rib for dinner and rolls, salad, mash potatoes with green Beans. We had cheese and crackers and salsa w/chips. We also had pumkin pie, apple pie and pecan pie. I had some of all of it. I certainly didn't eat as much as I would have pre banding, but certainly more than I should have at 3 weeks out of surgery. Like everyone said...tomorrow is another day. Don't know what I will weigh. I have my next Dr appt on 1/5 and hopefully my first fill. I seem to be able to eat when and what I want without feeling full at all. Please keep me in your prayers. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

Don't feel bad.. the band is there to help you.. the band is there not so you don't eat normal food and enjoy yourself ,it's so you don't eat everything in sight or out of control like you/we more than likely did before the band.

You enjoyed a holiday meal with your family. Great, it's not the end of the world, do yourself a favor and DON"T weigh yourself for the next week and just work it off during the week.

I'm day 8, and had holiday dinner, I definitely felt the restriction and stopped, paced myself, etc..

and did the same on day 3... I'm sure some of you are gasping and shaking your head, but I've adhered and done very well.. No complaints here

Don't do that to yourself! So you ate some food you shouldn't have....but you didn't gorge did you. You didn't eat what you would have last year. So forgive yourself and look to tomorrow. Put the past behind you and plan for what you will eat today. Don't put yourself down.

Girl, we ALL go through this...and the way you eat will constantly change in the first few months with your first few fills...yes it's different for everyone, but I know for me, I vary...

My first fill i felt restriction for about 2 weeks then i could eat more....second fill i had really good restriction for about 5 weeks...then i started getting hungry and could eat more...i'm due for my third fill this coming wedensday and I NEED IT! I can eat bread now, and a lot more than i really need...but it's NOT as much as pre-band and i keep telling myself that. Last year at this time i think i had already gained 8 pounds (no joke)...this year, i'm up two pounds from 2 weeks ago...that's it...and I also have needed a fill for about 3 weeks...

Piece of advice...don't beat yourself up...you're not supposed to "drink" your food! The whole point of the band is to eat NORMAL foods, in smaller amounts and stay satisfied...

Another piece of advice: DON"T WAIT to talk to your doc when you need a fill! I have to tell him this wendesday that 8 weeks has been too long between fills...I'm to the point now when my stomach is growling (that hasn't happened since BEFORE surgery) and i'm H.U.N.G.R.Y!!!! I shouldn't feel that an hour after i eat...and i've gained 4 in the last month...

So when you think you need a fill, at least give your doc a call..you're probably right!

OMG!! I had more food today than ever. I am in week 5 and today had food all day long. U name it I had it. I have lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks have no clue what I will weigh in the morning. I had brownies three brownies sometime today. For breakfast two eggs. lunch plate one scoop tablesppon of each dressing, green Beans, mac cheese, one slice honey ham, baked Beans, hash brown casoreole, broccli cassrole.another slice ham I had this for supper. Had cookie later. Can not belive i ate all that today and did not feel full or sick. I usally have two eggs for breakfast and cup of food for lunch and super. anyone else make bad choices over the holiday?:blink::sad:

Don't beat yourself up. You enjoyed the holidays like a "normal" person.

Next time try to keep it to one brownie. There are no bad foods when done in moderation.

I ate about the same as you (minus the brownies and cookies) Worked out today a bit longer, and after workout am down 3 pounds from Wednesday.

You cannot beat youself up every day you eat more than you think you should have. Eat Good food everyday, workout, and you will probably lose weight.

Let us know what you gained or lost....

And today is another day....

TJ

Don't beat yourself up. You enjoyed the holidays like a "normal" person.

Next time try to keep it to one brownie. There are no bad foods when done in moderation.

Ditto.

Think about what you said you ate *all day*.

3 brownies

1 cookie

2 eggs,

1 Tbs of each dressing

2 slices of ham

green Beans, mac cheese, baked Beans, hash brown casoreole, broccli cassrole

Unless you piled your plate high with the last few items, that's not an awful lot of food. Move forward. :blink:

I ate more than I should have but so much less than I would have without the band. For that I am thankfull!

I agree with everyone else in that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. We are definitely retraining ourselves and trying to get out of habits most of us have had for a significant period of time. I have to laugh a little though. I read your post as we were waiting to be seated for dinner (my husband decides to take me to Cheesecake Factory after I get banded, the bastard LOL). I was thinking all I had today was Cereal, so I am going to have a nice healthy dinner. Well, I got a kids' serving of grilled chicken, potatoes and green Beans and nearly ate the whole thing (which was WAY more than 6 ounces). Then I sampled some of my daughter's mac and cheese (about 3 bites), then split a piece of cheesecake with my husband. Honestly, I think I ate all my calories for the day during that meal. I look at it as a little treat for being so good during the holidays and I KNOW I can't do it all the time. I don't even feel good right now and I'm almost positive I will have a food hangover tomorrow (but it was yummy LOL). I can't wait until my first fill!

Anyway, hang in there and tomorrow is definitely a new day...for all of us :-)!

Thanks for the pep talk, I really needed it.