Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I got my first fill!!!

Went in today I was reluctant to get a fill but my doc beeing such a smooth talker got me to agree on a small fill, he wanted to give me 3 cc's in my 10cc band but i talked him down to 2.4cc's. I had it done via flouroscopy. Drank a tiny sip of the barium everything was going down just fine. He poked me one time and bullseye got it where it needed to go (No digging around thank god)they stood me up had me swallow some more barium took some pictures and voila that was it. I love my doc...

I am not on reglar foods just yet and didnt want to get a fill until i was eating solids. I still felt restriction and wasnt hungry so i figured why mess with a good thing. I am still not hungry with this fill i have now and I have to pace myself when drinking Water which i dont like. I will see how this works for me.

congrats on having your fill AND having restriction!!!

I get my 3rd fill this coming wednesday and I NEED IT! I can eat a fricken house now...

Oh God I know how you feel! I am nervous for my first fill too! I go this Monday, I potponed it once becaue like you I felt restricted already...now a week later I still feel a bit but not as much. I feel however like I am 99% healed from the surgery now and thats what I wanted. I already had one stuck episode with chicken without a fill so I will have to be super carefull....how are u feeling now???

I got my first fill on 12/23. I was really not expecting much restriction at all, but WOW....I have fallen in love with my band! I want to be able to eat out and eat a meal with my family but smaller portions. This is exactly what I have at the moment. I am currently sustained for 3 hours with between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup of high Protein foods. My Nut. wants me sustained for 4 hours and we are working towards that. I hope me and my band stay in this happy place!:blink:

(I have 5cc in a 14cc band.)

Oh God I know how you feel! I am nervous for my first fill too! I go this Monday, I potponed it once becaue like you I felt restricted already...now a week later I still feel a bit but not as much. I feel however like I am 99% healed from the surgery now and thats what I wanted. I already had one stuck episode with chicken without a fill so I will have to be super carefull....how are u feeling now???

So 3 days out from my fill I feel pretty awesome not hungry at all and i am eating solids now still doing soft foods and chewing well everything is going down just fine no stuck episodes or anything like that and yes I am eating very little.

Thats just great I hope I get great results like that too....did you have a liquid diet the day of the fill? And by the way where in So Cal are you? I am in San Diego.< /p>

So 3 days out from my fill I feel pretty awesome not hungry at all and i am eating solids now still doing soft foods and chewing well everything is going down just fine no stuck episodes or anything like that and yes I am eating very little.

I got my first fill on 12/23. Found out that Idr had nothing in the band, and they only put 1.7 cc in. Still have no restriction and am really needing it. They said that I can go back after 2 weeks for more. Hopefully I will get my much needed restriction then!! Seems like I am eating same as before my band. Please tell me it will get better...or maybe I am the one it won't woek for.

My first fill is tomorrow............I am nervous!

Really, the fill wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. You will do great. Let me know how it goes.

Congrats SoCal! I'm glad everything is working out. Have you lost 80 lbs. in a month? It seems pretty impossible, but that's what your ticker says, so I thought I'd ask. :thumbup:

I got my first fill this past week too (the 22nd). I was ready for it. I've had one stuck incident since and that was due to not paying attention and distractions while eating. I swallowed peas whole. I was upset that it happened at first, but now I'm glad. I regurgitated it up and learned a lesson. PAY ATTENTION! :thumbup:

I had my surgery 11/25 in La Jolla and was starting to feel like my old self again. I didn't want to feel like my old self and never want to again, so I was ready for my fill. I'm ready to spark my weight loss again and continue on this journey. Before my fill I was almost able to eat like I could pre-op. Not good. I have 3 cc's in my 10 cc band and I'm already looking forward a month to my next fill. :thumbup:

You guys are doing so well! I get my fill on Jan. 4th. I've only lost a total of 20 lbs. I'm looking forwrd to my fill. I'm ready to shed some weight!!

weight.png

http://lapbandjunkie.blogspot.com/2009/12/beginning-of-familiar-journey.html

Edited by rbeard1977

Thats just great I hope I get great results like that too....did you have a liquid diet the day of the fill? And by the way where in So Cal are you? I am in San Diego.< /div>

Yeah i had liquids for the rest of the day and I was able to eat Christmas dinner lol.. I should say verry little of the Christmas dinner but i was satisfied.