Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody I haven't had my surgery yet but Ive been reading all of your stories and I am very encouraged by them. Im excited and scared at the same time. I met a lady at my dr office the other day who had wls and of course I had a million questions to ask her. She was sweet enough to answer them all. She was wearing a fitness tracker and she said it helps keep her on track. She can keep track of her progress and set reminders so she doesn't forget to eat and drink on schedule. I'm going to get one but not quite sure which brand would be best for me. Like the idiot that I am I forgot to ask her the brand she had...I was so excited about the things she was telling me and about her sucess. I'm hoping that someone here can help me decide. Any suggestions ?

Sent from my LGL62VL using the BariatricPal App

I LOVE my fitbit. Not only does it track my steps but I put every single thing I eat and drink it in. I've been doing it for over a year and I would probably die without it. I totally recommend getting one!

I've been reading reviews and I've decided to go with fitbit alba

I am not a FitBit fan. I have a Garmin VivoSmart HR and I love it.

@@Sharon Vance

Thanks for asking the question I've been needing input on, also. I've been using a very simple activity tracker from SparkPeople that syncs with my home PC, but the software company that maintains the tracking part is closing so it will eventually quit recording my activity automatically. SparkPeople is giving all members using the tracker a $10 Amazon gift card to use toward another tracker so I've been shopping and reading reviews. There are so many trackers out there and so many different reviews, it's hard to decide which would be best for me without paying an arm and a leg for it. I don't need all the bells and whistles (at least I don't think I do :D). I will be following this topic........

I LOVE my fitbit. Not only does it track my steps but I put every single thing I eat and drink it in. I've been doing it for over a year and I would probably die without it. I totally recommend getting one!

Which Fitbit do you have @@fatontheinside? There are so many to choose from. I don't think I need all the bells and whistles. I'd prefer one that automatically syncs with my SparkPeople page while on my PC at home since I tend not to us apps on my cellphone. I'm open to suggestions.......

I have the Fitbit blaze, tracks food and fluids,exercise, has silent alarms to remind you to eat and drink and move, how much sleep you are getting, makes this process much easier

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@MrsSugarbabe I just have the fit bit flex. The reason that I like it is because its like a little piece of plastic that you can put in an armband. I actually take that thing (the tracker) and put it in my sock so it is on my foot. The reason I do this is because my dad has the fitbit charge and he HAS to wear it on his wrist. He gets like 20k steps a day but its because he's moving his ARMS and not his legs/body. I find that mine, in my shoe, is FAR more accurate.

I sync it daily with my Iphone so it keeps track of my sleep, calories, Water intake, etc. You can do challenges with friends too. I love it!!!

@@fatontheinside - Thanks for the info on the Fitbit Flex! My little tracker clips to my shoe which is one thing I love about it. I don't want to have to wear something on my wrist. I'll check it out.