Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery this past Monday, July 25th. My fiancé, of course, is ready. I'm still real relatively sore unless I take pain meds. My doctor didn't tell me not to or when to, all he said was not to have anything "rough" for a few weeks. How long did everyone wait? I'm kind of hoping losing my extra weight helps with my libido because ever since my hysterectomy, I've barely had a sex drive which really sucks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Good, you make it through. It wasn't so bad, was it?

If the surgeon in fact said not to "have anything 'rough,'" sex was the foremost "Thou shalt not" on his mind. Otherways, he'd have said "do" instead of "have." The American vernacular is the giveaway. Take the time to heal. If you want, throw your fiancé a few non-strenuous crumbs or let him have himself.

the instructions I was given regarding this topic was that my body would let me know what I was ready for and when.

so. if you miss the closeness you can just get creative about what is pleasurable and what is not yet.

If the surgeon in fact said not to "have anything 'rough,'" sex was the foremost "Thou shalt not" on his mind. Otherways, he'd have said "do" instead of "have." The American vernacular is the giveaway. Take the time to heal. If you want, throw your fiancé a few non-strenuous crumbs or let him have himself.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch My anxiety wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I cried before going back to the holding area, but once they gave me anti-anxiety meds, I was feeling great, and I barely even remember anything after being brought into the OR. I gotta admit, the first 24 hrs were pretty brutal. The vomiting/nausea was awful, and they tried 4 different meds for it. The day after, it was a lot better, and now I just have awful acid reflux which I'm on meds for, and I know it's normal to suffer from it. So, would I do the surgery all over again? ABSOLUTELY! I'm not even a week out, and I already feel a huge difference.

I guess there's other things my fiancé and I can do lol. But seriously, I'm definitely not feeling up to it just yet.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch My anxiety wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I cried before going back to the holding area, but once they gave me anti-anxiety meds, I was feeling great, and I barely even remember anything after being brought into the OR. I gotta admit, the first 24 hrs were pretty brutal. The vomiting/nausea was awful, and they tried 4 different meds for it. The day after, it was a lot better, and now I just have awful acid reflux which I'm on meds for, and I know it's normal to suffer from it. So, would I do the surgery all over again? ABSOLUTELY! I'm not even a week out, and I already feel a huge difference.

I guess there's other things my fiancé and I can do lol. But seriously, I'm definitely not feeling up to it just yet.

Don't worry........you will most likely be tapping into a whole new level of animalistic urges as the weight falls off.

Your fiancé may wake up thinking his member was used as a scratching post by the neighborhood cats.

Rest up and recover. It'll be Game On soon enough.

Hoping your libido increases with weight loss. I was able to have sex when i felt comfortable which was about 4-5 days post op. You'll be able to decide which position works best. Libido can be tricky. Even if you feel great your desire may still not be there. Sometimes you just have to take one for the team (i know that sounds bad) and things may just fall into place.

Hoping your libido increases with weight loss. I was able to have sex when i felt comfortable which was about 4-5 days post op. You'll be able to decide which position works best. Libido can be tricky. Even if you feel great your desire may still not be there. Sometimes you just have to take one for the team (i know that sounds bad) and things may just fall into place.

@@Candygyrl Hahahahahahahaha! No, it doesn't sound bad at all. TMI, but even when I'm in the mood, I have a hard time climaxing. It really starts to piss me off lol. It sucks because I'm only 30, I'm supposed to be in my prime or whatever they say. However, my PCP said if it didn't improve, he would prescribe something for me. I was offered hormones by my OB to help with the pre-menopausal symptoms, but I refuse to take them. My body has been through enough. I want to do this as naturally as possible. The good news is my one remaining ovary (which I'm praying to God does NOT need to be removed because it would kick me into full menopause) is still functioning and working, so that's awesome. I honestly feel bad for my fiancé because he doesn't understand how you can't have a libido, and it's so hard to try and even explain it to him. Then again, his is always through the roof; he's always for whatever, whenever lol.

Don't worry........you will most likely be tapping into a whole new level of animalistic urges as the weight falls off.

Your fiancé may wake up think his member was used as a scratching post by the neighborhood cats.

Rest up and recover. It'll be Game On soon enough.

@@Dub I sure hope so!

Your fiancé may wake up think his member was used as a scratching post by the neighborhood cats.

Splinters, too? Ouch.

Is "Dub" short for "Rub-a-dub-dub?" (That's a rhetorical question.)

@@8petals, I'm glad that, despite the first day's brutality, your attitude is great.

Splinters, too? Ouch.

Is "Dub" short for "Rub-a-dub-dub?" (That's a rhetorical question.)

@@8petals, I'm glad that, despite the first day's brutality, your attitude is great.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch thank-you, me too!

It's all gonna work out.

You will be shipshape in no time and ready to howl at the moon.

Stay on your eating plan for each stage and rock the weight loss. It's going to exciting for you. Have fun with it.

Great times ahead.

My husband was scared to "break me" so we waited like 3 weeks. Even then he was scared to hurt me haha

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery this past Monday, July 25th. My fiancé, of course, is ready. I'm still real relatively sore unless I take pain meds. My doctor didn't tell me not to or when to, all he said was not to have anything "rough" for a few weeks. How long did everyone wait? I'm kind of hoping losing my extra weight helps with my libido because ever since my hysterectomy, I've barely had a sex drive which really sucks.

I think you should wait even when you feel no pain it might not be the best idea I rushed and had sex about 14 days post open and my incisions stomach and back was hurting ungodly for about a week take your time and heal...

Sent from my Z828 using the BariatricPal App