Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 30 15 VSG Surgery

ME! I get my sleeve on the 30th as well. I have a rather modified diet. Protein Shakes for Breakfast, and lunch with a light dinner, no carbs. I'm going through carb withdrawal with headaches, but i've already lost 4 pounds on this diet. I'm super excited, and nervous!

I get a shake for breakfast, lunch and dinner otherwise sugar free flavored Water or broth. I'm down 16 pounds as of this morning since the 15th when I started the diet. I'm hungry and want something with texture and substance.

I'm super cranky this afternoon but super excited for surgery.

Edited by annam1130

Hi My name is Heather and I got sleeved 11/28/15. I am 5'10" and have about 100 lbs to lose. I would like a buddy or two to chat with as we progress

I had my sleeve surgery on the 30th also. I can't believe how cranky I am about getting down these Protein shakes! My surgery was delayed a month because I caught a cold right before my original surgery date, so I've been doing 2 shakes a day for 2 months now and I am super bored with them! Trying them with different base liquids now. Today's choice is chocolate powder with coffee and milk as a base. So ready fore some real food!! I am 5'4" and have about 150 lbs to lose. Down 5 since surgery date-loving that!!

Just tried drinking milk for the first time since surgery and about half way through became nauseous and now have the hiccups. It was Fairlife fat free milk. That stuff is expensive and I don't want it to go to waste! :(

Surgery on the 30th. I'm not doing well with puréed Protein at all. Can't seem to hold it down. I went n bought Atkins Protein Shakes great deal at Walmart. One lasts me a day or so. One of the girls told me to add sugar free pudding to the yogurt so I'm going to try that. Down 23 pounds

@@nurse43cat I did a lot of plain Greek yogurt fortified with powdered egg white and stevia drops. I also found i really liked ricotta cheese with a little bit of pizza sauce and shredded cheese. How long are you being kept on purees?

Edited by annam1130

For one week however the yogurt and the Protein Shakes are not going down very well so they suggested back to the Clear Liquids with increasing Water intake.

Been a long journey with everything going on. I appreciate all the prayers I can get right now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches