Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What happens if you eat something before you're supposed to (clear liquid, puree, etc.)?

I'm on week 2 which says I can have Soups that are mainly creamed or strained. I can only eat three or four bites, so last night I got a delicious cup of chicken noodle Soup and intended to just get spoonfuls of the broth. Well, you guessed it, on one of my bites I accidentally got a small piece of noodle AND a small piece of chicken. I realize now it wasn't a good idea, but I also have anxiety and stressed all night that I was going to accidentally pop my sleeve. Can that happen with something like that or would it just make me sick?

All ended up well and I was fine, but you know......worst case scenarios and all.

I too at 2-3 weeks couldn't help but eat some noodles. At 3 weeks, I eat half the noodles from ramen noodles or the cup-a-noodles Soup. Nothing bad has happened to me. I needed it. I couldn't stand not to chew anything anymore. Just make sure you chew chew chew until is is almost like a paste.

Edited by Whitney1968

You're fine. That tiny little bit of food at 2 weeks is not at all a big deal. :)

For most people nothing. For some people it cause tummy upset.

You will be fine with just those two items, but people who continually eat what they are not supposed to can develop leaks in their pouch, which could require an additional surgery.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. ????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches