Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My worst fear

Sometimes I think to myself what if this isn't going to work for me. Granted I'm glad to have lost 50 lbs in 3 months, what if that's it? I keep hovering between 290 and 292. Now I know what your gonna say, "You're doing fine, stick to the program, stalls happen, etc, but I can't help but feeling like I'm not going to lose all the weight.

I find myself obsessed with others success stories, and dreaming that one day I'll have a success story of my own. I spend 90% of my day looking at before and after pictures wondering if I'm ever gonna be as small as the rest of you veterans. To be able to enjoy shopping, finally being noticed by the opposite sex, and not being treated like I'm not good enough.

I couldn't wait to get out of the 300s, but even being 292, I'm still way too close to it. Does anyone else have or had these fears during this journey?

I just came across this post. I feel the exact same way. I am almost 3 months post op and 50lbs lighter and had this exact thought just yesterday. I am down to a size I used to be but am looking forward to the day I am smaller than I've ever been as an adult.

I think those sort of fears are healthy, and will serve you well in the long run. You know how your life was before. You realize going back is not an option. That's good.

Just don't let your goals and dreams turn into obsessions. You can't compare your progress to others. It will absolutely drive you insane.

Your journey is unique, as is everyone's. There's no set timeframe or expiration date. Just keep on the right track and you will get there. Good luck!

I know this sounds corny, but it's true in any aspect of life.

You are the only one in charge of your own destiny. It will work if you make it work.

Oh, and yes. I felt that way many, many times. Just power through it and you'll get to the other side. I promise.

:)

I still have them. It seems unreal to me that i weigh less than I have in almost 30 years. When I look around the room and I am not the biggest person in it. Right now I am almost into onederland and it seems unbelievable to me.

I get what you're feeling and you are not alone.

There is hope for us and we can be a more normal weight!

Congratulations on your success thus far.

I went through the same stall. But at 3 months, I was consuming larger meal portions and thus more calories. I modified my eating habits to consume more Protein in my meals which allowed me to reduce down the amount of Protein shakes (and their calories) which I consumed each day. And the weight loss again picked up.

Your fears are extremely common. I can remember having the exact same thoughts. I agree that the fear of failure is a powerful motivator as long as it does not become an obsession or a self fulfilling prophecy. Just keep going in the right direction and eventually you'll get to where you want to go.

fears are healthy going back is not an option.

don't let your goals and dreams turn into obsessions.

can't compare your progress to others

It will absolutely drive you insane.

journey is unique no set time frame or expiration date.

keep on the right track and you will get there.

Good luck!

@@leag78

i do have a tendency to defend my decision that i had WLS/sleeve

3 months post op - someone asked me how i had lost all my weight

i started to tell her, diet, eat less, motivation etc

then i caught myself defending the decision, and i didn't like how i was explaining my weight loss

next breath i told her i had WLS

still told her the above was true also - healthier food, motivation etc

i don't know how long you lived in three hundreds'

now your have lost 50 lbs!!!

live in new neighborhood of twoderville

(make sure to get a change of address for Post office ;)

once you hit onederland send a card to Post office again :)

being 50 lbs less, you should be able to get a smaller size

don't spend a lot of money

you will continue to go down in size

you will need smaller sizes :)

many of us (me) went to a thrift shop

(then you don't spend that much money you won't wear that long)

you will shop - and enjoy

you will probably not eat out as much so you will save money

what "they" don't tell you is all that money you save

you will spend of clothes :lol:

please don't get discouraged (some people will eat then" :(

ONLY look (enjoy) the present

don't look at other peoples success

or look at them for inspiration

you are doing great - don't worry or think about the other

as long as you continue to follow all the rules you will be another success story

i can feel it in my bones :)

@@The Candidate (what are you running for?? ;)

hey bud :)

always love your responses :)

you are still pre-op (for another couple of weeks?)

how/when did you become such a Smarty Pants? ? ;)

i think you are smarter than i am :o

welllll.... close anyways :D

write more replies ok??

kathy

Thank you all for the words of encouragement, I'm going back to see my therapist next month to deal with head hunger, but I'm also going to discuss these fears with her to see how I can learn how to cope.

@@proudgrammy Oh believe me, not much running going on in my world, other than figure of speech, as I'm still a pre op.

But soon... ????

And nobody is smarter than you @@proudgrammy

Or sweeter.....

I am below goal and I remember having all of those thoughts. I used to scroll through all the before and after success stories of people who lost weight from any method and wonder if I would ever be as cute as they were. I think this serves as an excellent motivator and reminds you that if others did it, so can you.

For an alternate experience, check out this post on another thread.

It offers great advice!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/345862-an-unexpected-lesson-at-the-cardiologist/

What I love about this site, nice mix of encouragement and support with tough love and challenge. VSGAnn2014 and Babs get in the mix with proudgrammy, all the bases are covered. ;-)