Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those just beginning to explore weight loss surgery are wondering if we really can manifest our heart’s desire of a thinner healthier body. While the vets, who having manifested those thinner healthier bodies, have newfound desires in other areas of our lives.

What is it that your heart truly desires, that something so irresistible that it consumes your dreams at night and invades your waking thoughts, what is it that you must have?

Those of us on this forum are all at different points along our “path to self.” Those just beginning to explore weight loss surgery are wondering if we really can manifest our heart’s desire of a thinner healthier body. While the vets, who having manifested those thinner healthier bodies, have newfound desires in other areas of our lives… perhaps we now might bear the children we’ve always wanted… or unite with the love of our lives… or get out of a loveless relationship. We wonder if we, again, can manifest our dreams.

Yes, we absolutely can. We can manifest anything we truly desire for ourselves and our lives.

The opportunity lies before you. The choice is yours and yours alone: Will you step up and go for your bliss, will you dare to create heaven on earth and live a life so wonderful that others will aspire to do as you have done? Or will you take the fallback position and merely settle for what you have already, rationalizing it is good enough, or worse, lying to yourself that your dreams are foolishness? We who have defeated our obesity and its related diseases did not get here by merely settling. No. We were the brave, the risk takers, the believers. And we were rewarded for that: We actualized the thinner healthier bodies that we once only dreamed of having.

If you fall back into familiar patterns of behavior and, like most people, simply “settle” rather than going for your bliss, then you are going to be miserable and miss out on living a life you love. If you keep on your rose-colored glasses and think everything is going to be okay then you’re going to find out the hard way that its not. Its your life and you are only going to live it once, not twice or more. You deserve to live a life you love.

Consider the attractive middle-age woman who recently asked me if she’d ever find true love. I replied that I believe she’d already found the man she loves but is afraid of communicating her feelings to him. Indeed she admitted that she had all these feelings for this man, like she’d never had for anyone before, but had so many reservations. There were complications — both were in loveless marriages, among other things. Of course there were complications, because nothing worth having is ever easy peasy to obtain. If it were then everyone would be living their dreams! I said my piece and noticed that look of “ah ha” on her face when I concluded with, “You never want to go to your grave with regret thinking what if… What would my life had been like if I’d just told him that I loved him?” We are sometimes so afraid to risk going for our dreams that we never even try. How dumb is that? Don’t ever make bad choices based on fearful thoughts.

Now consider a pretty young woman that I know who had been trying for years to have a baby. It was what she wanted most for her life. But she was met with tragic heartbreak after heartbreak time and again. And when she was about to declare she’d given up, she and her husband tried again. This time they had a baby boy. Yes. Dreams really do come true. Many years earlier in high school, she had secretly loved her husband back then when he was just a boy. She was in a dating relationship with someone else at the time and she and the boy whom she really desired were merely friends. But she would doodle her name with his surname on paper, dreaming of one day being “Mrs.” married to him. They went away to different universities that were states apart and most would have thought that was the end to a dream unrealized. But fate brought them back together when this boy, now a man, did a semester as an exchange student at a university near the school she was attending. And what happened was that this young woman manifested her heart’s desire. She created heaven on earth with this man whom she had secretly loved for years, all because she “went for it.” After graduation they got engaged, then married. They now live a life so wonderful that most people would envy: owning homes on the east coast and west coast, living abroad all over the world, and traveling extensively with their two beautiful children. She truly lives a life she loves. We have to be willing to go for it, what it is that we desire, then orchestrate our minds to focus on manifesting our bliss.

Think about it, dream big: If you could write the story of your life what would it look like? Visualize yourself healthy, happy, beautiful inside and out, fully giving and receiving love, being your authentic self, living your truth and doing the things you want to do; your life is blissful and you are living heaven on earth. Now bring your story to life. Understand this: The only thing holding you back is you.

Manifesting that which we truly want for ourselves and our lives involves mastering the mind and finding the truth within our hearts. Fear and ego cannot exist there, nor can anger, shame, or inaction. Let go of the old and rebirth into the new. You have within you the power for magical transformation in your life.

Today, right here, right now, identify one small change that you’ve been postponing that would bring you closer to attaining that which you desire. This could be any action from clearing your home of unhealthy foods to sending a nice card to the person you secretly love inviting her/him to coffee. Small changes will propel you along your journey and ignite powerful ones. Your goal is not to settle. Rather you are to be brave, take risk, and believe until you manifest what it is that your heart truly desires, that something so irresistible that it consumes your dreams at night and invades your waking thoughts, that which you must have. Your life really can be heaven on earth.

In the comments section below, please identify your desire, your fear related to attaining it, and commit to a change(s) you’re willing to make to bring your desire to life. Please also inspire us with your stories and advice for how you’ve manifested your dreams.

As for me, I’ve conquered my obesity and transformed the physical. Now I’m on the path to transforming mind and spirit and the journey is just as amazing as the journey to transform my body. Change is not easy but one thing I know for sure is that the outcome of actualizing your dream is worth it; this I promise you. I invite you to read my story.

Really outstanding article, thank you so much for writing it!

@arkenny thanks so very much for such a lovely compliment! I am glad that my article was useful to you! As for me, I am very fortunate to have a wonderful teacher who has been very influential in this area of my life.