Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BeLite Weight In-House Financing vs Ready 4A Change Citerra Financing (long post)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Melissa and I have been on this forum almost everyday for a few months. I started researching WLS seriously last year because I'm FED UP! When I finally decided on the VSG I only told 3 people and won't tell anyone else. I know the comments I would get and I don't need any discouragement. My BMI is 37 so everyone always says I'm not that big or I'm jsut thick. WHATEVER! I am obese and I have been since I was a kid. It only got worst when I got a car at 20. I am 29 now and I want to make a permament change to improve my quality of life. I wanted to share what I found in my research of finding a surgeon and financing.< /p>

I called and emailed about 7 companies in Mexico for the VSG. I did my research with pricing and level of care. I then narrowed down my search to vibe/feeling I got when speaking with the coordinators. I kept the one's that were quick to respond, sent attachements of the whole process, history of the surgeon, and last price. I had my gall bladder removed last year by single incision through my belly button. In my research I discovered only a few surgeons offered the single incision procedure. Since my BMI is under 40 I was told I am an ideal canidate for this procedure. Nothing wrong with 3-5 incisions but if I can have just one that is invisble why not? I might be able to wear that bikini more confidently without scars. Hey it's my body and I call the shots. The SILS(single incision) was $500 more with BLW(BeLiteWeight) and $1000 more with R4AC(Ready 4A Change). The coordinators are very informative, friendly and got back to you quickly. BWL offered the VSG for $6800 plus $500 and r4ac was $250 plus $1000.

I loved that fact that BWL offered IN HOUSE financing which usually means less fees and less interest rate. I looked and looked and looked and I couldn't any other WSL in Mexico that provided the same service. R4AC works with a few loan companies but in my research I discovered bariatric loans usually have high interest rates. Well Citerra offered me 23% interest rate plus $2000 LOAN FEE. No money down and would send me money to also buy my plane ticket. My monthly payment would be $267. So in total I would almost be paying back DOUBLE my loan amount after 3.5 years. I was disappointed and almost said EFF IT because quite frequently I want this done in March and just get it over with. I thought about for a few days and filled a loan application with BWL to see what happened.

With BWL my down payment is $2500 plus $500 for the SILS and $200 a month for 2 years. The loan fee is only $300! If your credit is better than mines the down payment can also be less. Yes the price is more but they have stellar reviews and Jamie understood that most companies rip people off. She said she wanted to help people as much as possible without feeling like the person owed the mob. She was spot on. I debated on my whole tax return used as my downpayment but I don't want to wait much longer to save up the money. My goal is to be at least 20 pounds lighter by summer time. I can have my surgery without so much debt. I had to step back and realize that desperation and impatience sometimes puts me in a situation I regret later. I am super nervous and excited to be finally free of this fat bodysuit. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. :-)

I hope this helped someone with some questions like several posts that I had before in my research.

You can arrange for the surgery for $3,500 through Bariatric Pal. 

They don't have surgeons that offer SILS.

Yup and I did. I feel comfortable with my decision because I did my research for months.