Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band removal n revision to sleeve....any complications w sleeve

Im thinking of revising from band to sleeve. .... did anyone have complication w sleeve and especially revision from band to sleeve

I'm only a week out from my revision and no issues. My Dr said there was some scar tissue but he was able yo clean it all out and doing the sleeve was easier because of that.

I'm only a week out from my revision and no issues. My Dr said there was some scar tissue but he was able yo clean it all out and doing the sleeve was easier because of that.

I'm also considering the revision from lap band to sleeve. Trying to get set up with a reputable doc and surgeon. Keep us up to date on your progress. My band is completely full and I'm in failure and gaining. Very frustrating. Thx. Deb

I'm also considering the revision from lap band to sleeve. Trying to get set up with a reputable doc and surgeon. Keep us up to date on your progress. My band is completely full and I'm in failure and gaining. Very frustrating. Thx. Deb

Deb so far at 2 1/2 months out I'm down 32 lbs and feel great. It's so nice to eat and keep food down, no acid reflux issues either. Hopefully you can find a doc and surgeon soon. Hang in there it's not easy I put on 90 lbs in 3 years after having my son and my body was just rejected the band. No matter what we did only time I could possibly eat was when it ad empty. I finally gave in and now at times kick myself for waiting so long to do the revision.

Edited by stacielynntate

Stacey,

Thank you for your response. I have found a dr and I go see him in a couple of weeks!!!! Yay. Super anxious and excited.

Congrats on your successful weight loss and NO REFLUX!!! Dear Lord, please.

Thanks and YOU GO GIRL!!!

Stacey,

Thank you for your response. I have found a dr and I go see him in a couple of weeks!!!! Yay. Super anxious and excited.

Congrats on your successful weight loss and NO REFLUX!!! Dear Lord, please.

Thanks and YOU GO GIRL!!!

Deb great news. Keep me posted in how it goes.

Well I'm one week post revision and I'm very thrilled the band is gone. Of course surgery is surgery and I'm trying to find my feet and level out. I am very surprised by how little I eat and drink. I really do have to make myself drink. It helps to have my husband stay on top of this with me. I'm still sleeping a lot, Constipation has been a HUGE issue until I took a laxative and now I can't hardly stop, lol. Which makes me shaky and wobbly. I'm sure it's because I'm getting dehydrated very quickly, so more drinking. Oh and major major HALLELUJAH, NO INDIGESTION ! I am pleased add I can be, just slowly getting over the hurdles and I know,I will. Best wishes and prayers for you on your journey. O:-)

Hi, Im thrilled for finding this app, I did my Lapband 3 years ago it went great! Until 4 months ago I started having horrible reflux episodes while sleeping. About 6 events per night coughing terribly and I tried everything even sleeping in a seated position. So my Lapband had to be unfilled, my esophagus was swollen and dilated and dr does not recommend filling it again, in these months with my unfilled band I have gained 18 pounds. I'm still at this moment a low BMI patient but I'm going for the sleeve on May 5th. Has anyone had this experience? How is the sleeve on low BMI patients? I would appreciate to know about someone with similar experience

Brigiter, I was in your place until 2 weeks ago. My band was removed, hiatal hernia removed and gastric sleeve procedure done. I woke up from surgery and NO INDIGESTION OR GERD! I am beyond thrilled. I do not miss my band but I don't feel it anymore, yay. I literally went though everything you mentioned from October to now, gaining about 5lbs every few weeks. Insurance didn't pay for the sleeve. So it was a sacrifice that we decided to come up with the money and have the surgery. Money will spent. Do it! You won't regret it. At least I don't. Best of wishes for you on your journey.

In the same boat. I had my band in dec 2010. I haven't lost that much and still need to lose 50-60lb. I keep vomiting and am miserable. I spoke with my doc today about revising to the sleeve (or bypass). Which he reccomendation the sleeve for me. He actually removed ALL my Fluid today (which I was not expecting). Now I am worried about gaining. I haven't gained in a bit but I haven't lost either. He said he is doing more and more band to sleeve revisions. I really hope due ton he go it to g complication my insurance will ok the procedure. I can't afford it myself and as of right now I don't qualify for it. Bmi is 35 with no comorbidities. He did say it would be slightly more risky due to the scar tissue the band has caused, but said it should be ok. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hello! I had lap band on August 12, 2009. Did well at first, then gained almost all of the weight back. Every time I eat it's painful, uncomfortable, and I throw up at least once a week. Getting the band was the worst decision of my life. I have been so depressed, it's horrible. I finally got the courage to phone my surgeon's office and let them know what is going on. They are setting up seeing me. I have felt hope for the first time in months!!! Good luck to you all. I would love to follow you all in your new journey!!