Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

I need to lose love handles and lower belly fat!

Views
Started by CodenameSpivey, Oct 16, 2011 4:01 PM
6 replies to this topic
6 replies to this topic

CodenameSpivey

Advanced Member

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted October 16, 2011 - 4:01 PM

Hi all!

I'm 3 1/2 months sleeved, I've went from 305lbs down to 225lbs (which is my pre-weight gain weight) .. I'm still losing, but my major problem areas are the love handles mostly, and the stomach fat below my belly button.

I know the normal exercises to get rid of those areas, however I have a hernia from a previous surgery above and to the left of my belly button... a little bigger in circumference than a quarter, right along my zipper scar from my previous surgery... My surgeon didn't want to repair it at time of surgery, and now with my relocating, I don't have insurance yet to get it repaired... what could I do exercise wise to help me get rid of those stubborn areas?

Any ideas? It's really all I have left to do as far as my journey goes, and it's probably going to be the hardest!

Thanks!

Sunny702

Expert Member

Posted October 23, 2011 - 12:26 PM

I too need to lose the love handles & bottom belly. I don't have a hernia so as far as I know I need to do cardio, cardio, cardio.

I hope someone answers...

dnicewife

• Surgery Date: May 2011
  • Starting Weight: 265 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 108 lbs
  • Current Weight: 157 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 150 lbs
  • BMI: 28.7
Posted November 9, 2011 - 10:18 PM

Wow! I'm having the same issues too! Love handles and it's like my belly has dropped and is hanging.... Will this fat melt away as I continue to drop the pounds... I've been doing lots of cardio..

SKCUNNINGHAM

Bariatric Evangelist

• Surgery Date: Feb 2011
  • Starting Weight: 253 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 106 lbs
  • Current Weight: 147 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 140 lbs
  • BMI: 25.2
Posted November 10, 2011 - 6:30 AM

Start doing core exercises and ab exercises. This will strengthen the musculature in your mid-section. Also, look and see if you have bad habits about slumping when you walk or stand. It is amazing how much better your belly looks if you stand up straight, hold your shoulders back, and tuck in your gut and butt! It won't make them go away, but it does minimize them. Look for some exercises that will strengthen the upper back and shoulders, and encourage the better posture.

Good luck!

ldydrgnkpr

Junior Guru

• Surgery Date: Mar 2011
  • Starting Weight: 234 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 103 lbs
  • Current Weight: 131 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 135 lbs
  • BMI: 24.7
Posted November 10, 2011 - 5:15 PM

Between walking, zumba, kettlebell and squats I have lost 85% of my love handles and thighs.
Good luck. :)
Deb

kemo46

Bariatric Guru

Posted November 11, 2011 - 7:31 AM

Start doing core exercises and ab exercises. This will strengthen the musculature in your mid-section. Also, look and see if you have bad habits about slumping when you walk or stand. It is amazing how much better your belly looks if you stand up straight, hold your shoulders back, and tuck in your gut and butt! It won't make them go away, but it does minimize them. Look for some exercises that will strengthen the upper back and shoulders, and encourage the better posture.

Good luck!

You are so right. I was having a terrible time with these areas, my personal trainer has me doing core exercises like the planks and the bicycle ( not riding a bike), it is an ab building crunch of sorts. It has reduced my love handles and lower belly a lot. Cardio is always good but if you work on the core and abs, your lower belly will go away.

aroundhky

Bariatric Evangelist

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgery Date: Nov 2011
  • Starting Weight: 298 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 65 lbs
  • Current Weight: 233 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 215 lbs
  • BMI: 29.1
Posted November 15, 2011 - 1:31 PM

From my experience and from what I've read, it's really hard, if not close to impossible to target certain areas of the body to lose fat. Also, some of it may be a little flabby due to loose skin. Still, some core and ab work can strengthen these areas and make the skin a little tighter. Combine this with a lot of cardio and proper diet, you should be able to lose overall body fat which hopefully some if that will be the lower belly and also help with that area. I know that's kind of general and everyone is different due to genetics, etc, but I've done a lot of research about the same thing as I'm trying to head it off as best as I can. Good luck, I'm right there with ya!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics