Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

@ Karyn & Teresa - thank you for your good wishes! I have had 3 days of celebrating, lunches/dinner with girlfriends and HD, but have been planning what I was going to eat and trying to make good choices, so have not gained (have not lost either)! Karyn, I really like the 'What a year' post; that will be all of us in a years time.

@ Tracy - It is so frustrating when you work so hard with exercise and the scales don't reflect your effort - how I know what that is like. But although the scale does not move, your body is probably still changing. I have found my weight may not change, but my pants may be loser or I go down a size. So, please keep up your great workouts, your hard work will show, don't give up.

@ All - I never had a 'before' photo to show - I just hated the way I looked and did not want any record of myself when I was that heavy. I would destroy any photos with me in them. Now that I am losing weight I wished I had a before picture. Well today a friend stopped by and gave me a photo taken Dec 2008. I have uploaded it into 'my albums' along with a couple of photos taken 10 weeks post-op. Also, there is an album of my babies - their the ones with wet noses and fur!

Hugs to you all - my awesome friends!

Edited by Vivinthewoods

Karyn

Thanks so much for your post!!

So yesterday I go for a follow-up visit. I had lost 5lbs my last visit (2/17) and was really disappointed. I asked my doctor for a fill and she gave me I think 1.2cc but I know it brought me up to 7cc in a 14cc band. She also told me that my weight loss was right on target and that I should consider that the more liquid in my band--the fewer things I will be able to easily tolerate. Armed with that information I made a goal to lost 10lbs by my next visit. I decided I was really going to hit the gym three times a week consistently. Well yesterday I was happy that I lost 11 lbs since my last visit. My doctor asked me if I wanted a fill and I told her no. I had to go to work late after my visit so it really didn't hit me that I'm 49lbs lighter than I was a little over three months ago!!! So I want to say thanks again to all who post such encouraging words!!!

ididit35 - 49lbs in 3 months!!! Wonderful, great job.

So yesterday was my 3 month anniversary with my band and even though I was mad at it, somehow it seemed to pull through for me today.

Here I am at 70 pounds lost!

3-17-10.jpg

And here is a pic I just took of me and my new nose ring. :unsure:

041-2.jpg

One thing that I have really noticed about my monthly pictures is that I don't look near as bloated and I actually have cheek bones. I am loving the new me!

Karyn

Thanks so much for your post!!

So yesterday I go for a follow-up visit. I had lost 5lbs my last visit (2/17) and was really disappointed. I asked my doctor for a fill and she gave me I think 1.2cc but I know it brought me up to 7cc in a 14cc band. She also told me that my weight loss was right on target and that I should consider that the more liquid in my band--the fewer things I will be able to easily tolerate. Armed with that information I made a goal to lost 10lbs by my next visit. I decided I was really going to hit the gym three times a week consistently. Well yesterday I was happy that I lost 11 lbs since my last visit. My doctor asked me if I wanted a fill and I told her no. I had to go to work late after my visit so it really didn't hit me that I'm 49lbs lighter than I was a little over three months ago!!! So I want to say thanks again to all who post such encouraging words!!!

Congratulations!!!! You will be in the 200's in no time!!!!! I need to get motivated like you! I am so excited for you!!!!!

Tracy!... you're BEAUTIFUL... stunning eyes, lovely cheekbones, cute nose! And yes, I love the nose ring... it fits you - the NEW you (minus 70 lbs)! I'm still trying to process that number. Wow! Thanks for sharing... You're doing great!

Tracy!... you're BEAUTIFUL... stunning eyes, lovely cheekbones, cute nose! And yes, I love the nose ring... it fits you - the NEW you (minus 70 lbs)! I'm still trying to process that number. Wow! Thanks for sharing... You're doing great!

Thank you so much. You absolutely made my day. I even got all teary eyed. It is just amazing how much I am truly loving life and loving myself. I'm so glad to have all you to come to and share this experience.

I posted this on the regular board...and got no responses..so I will try here

Have any of you tried the couch to 5k program, and if so does it work?? I would LOVE to be able to jog a 5k. I know I need to approach it slowly because I have bad knees (even though I am not even 29) and when I was on my 6mo pre-op diet I was trying some jogging and ended up with 5 stress fractures in my foot and a cast for almost 2 months :frown:. I know that being able to jog will help so much with the weight loss....just not sure of the best way to approach it. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!

I can't help you on the couch to 5k. I have heard of it, but do not know anything about it. Sorry.

Hi everyone! I've missed a lot as I am trying to read all of your posts. We are still in DC. My husband is going to Capitol Hill tomorrow at 12 noon for a protest on Health Care. I'll try and upload a picture we took yesterday. We were there yesterday and there was a guy with a sign. My husband asked if he could hold it for a picture. But tomorrow is supposed to be a big day. I'm not going. Besides that we have seen all the sights and museums. Having a great time.

As far as eating goes it's been hard. I've gotten stuck and slimed big time almost every day. I'm trying to stick to liquids for a while, but the whole thing is hard. I'm trying not to let it ruin things and keeping a smile on my face. I can't even eat scrammbled eggs! Oh well!

Sunday we leave here for Northern Indiana to see my dad. He's 89 now and will be good to see him. Well, just checking in and letting you know I'm having fun. Dottie

post-274851-13813139189042_thumb.jpg

Hi all from Bristol, Virginia. We will arrive in DC on my birthday tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to catch up but wanted to check in.

It will take us a total of 4 and half days to travel coast to coast. So far the trip has been uneventful. Thank God! We stopped one night in Oklahoma City, Ok to see his brother and his girlfriend. We went out to dinner. The hotels have been an interesting trek. I like to stay at Courtyard, Marriotts and in Memphis we couldn't do that. Long story but made it through.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 51.

food has been difficult to say the least. On the run it's hard to find food that won't get stuck. I've been eating a lot of slider foods. Once we are in DC things will calm down and I'll get back to normal. I did have Prime Rib tonight but only about 3 oz. My husband says I'm a cheap date now since I don't eat much...lol. I haven't actually been good but maintaining.

We will be in DC for 5 days and then head back the Northern route. We took route 66 to get here. My dad lives in Northern Indiana. He's 89 and we will see him for sure. The way back will be much easier.

My husband wanted to get here in time to protest the signing of the health care bill...lol. Actually he's never been to our Nation's captial and he is very patriotic and very much Republican. He will really enjoy it. We are going to see everything. It was really a birthday present to us both!

I'll check in when I can. Love to all of you...I miss you...really.. Dottie

try coffee or hot tea in the mornings my dr says it is normal to be tighter inthe morning.try carnation instant Breakfast drink in the bottle get them really cold or icy that and yogart is my daily lunch good Protein, no slimming:thumbup:

Did you recently have a fill? The last time I had a fill I had to go very easy for a few WEEKS before things got back to normal. At least now you know what to expect. I still can't eat eggs, of all things! Enjoy your time away and have fun!

it's me....missing in action girl.

A friend of mine went in for lapband last week--and they couldn't do it. ;( still unclear of the details or weather or not she gets another shot.

I am so sad for her....all that money and nothing to show for it.

I decided that I need to work even harder in honor of her. and I realized I *have* been eating around my band. I am still eating smaller portions and losing 1lb a week but I haven't been following some of the rules.

I have a 10 day challenge for myself...from now until good friday I am going to be even more mindful--- following all the rules and documenting every bite. We will see how that goes.

I had coffee at 7:30 am and postponed breakfast ( greek yogurt with Special K flakes) until 10:30. It didn't kill me.

Getting ready to eat my lunch black Beans and cottage cheese.< /p>

I miss you all.....and need to get better at posting.

PS--- My hubby bought me a bike for our anniversary last week. We spent all weekend on the trails. That is a HUGE NSV for me~

@ Joy - Good to see you back! Congratulations on your anniversary and your new bike, with spring almost here in TX I want to get my bike out and dust off the cobwebs.

Your self-challenge made me get back to logging my food, I had been slipping the last few days. Thanks for getting me on track.

I too wait to eat in the mornings - tea, coffee, read newspaper, shower, dress, walk the pooches and then breakfast at 10:00.

Sorry to hear about your friend - I wonder why she could not be banded.

Hugs