Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestion About A Good Protein Drink

Im not getting my daily Protein. Can anyone help me with a Protein Drink that tastes good. I had bought a protein drink and end up wasting my money. I paid $40 for it and it tastes horrible. I hate the after taste and taste that it left in my mouth. Can anyone please tell me some Protein drinks that provides the amount of protein but also DOES NOT have a bad taste. I have heard that some Protein Drinks tastes like a yoohoo. Please provide me with some that tastes like a yoohoo or something that does not taste bad!!!!

I was thinking about trying the Isopure. Have anyone tried the chocolate isopure. I heard that was good.

I don't know if you have GNC stores in your area but I do and my store had samples I could taste to help me decide what I liked (and didn't). No surprises when you get home that way!

I personally like the SlimFast LOW CARB DIET chocolate. Very creamy, good taste, 190 calories and 20 grams of Protein and only 2 net carb grams. I don't drink my Protein much at all but keep some on hand for convenience purposes. And there's nothing more convenient than ready to drink.

I will say that with the RTDs I prefer that they be referigerated as opposed to poured over ice.

I have been drinking Unjury's chocolate flavor and I love it. The strawberry is very foamy and has a chalky taste, not a fan of vanilla to begin with so I didn't try that flavor.

I mix three scoops with Skim Plus in my Magic Bullet (blender is fine) and put it in my thermos. This is enough Protein for the entire day. I throw the thermos in the fridge at home or work and when I am ready to drink a serving of it it tastes just like a nice cold shake.

I got this at a support group meeting. Use double milk. I use 1 cup skim milk and add 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk. This doubles the Protein of the milk and is less calories than most protein drinks. I flavor mine with sugarfree chocolate or low sugar strawberry "quick". It is delic. and no after taste. Sometimes I add crushed ice and blend. You could be creative and use frozen fruit, coffee, hot choc. mix. I have heated the milk and added sf quick and a few marshmellos um! Can also add milk to other foods, Cereal, mash potatos, pudding, etc. I do this all the time as I have not found any drinks that I really like. Unjury is ok and I tolerate the lo carb slimfast, but they are hard to find here.

I'm drinking Isopure the juice ones. They are very good and they have 40 grams of Protein in each one. I was unable to drink any of the shake ones they hurt my stomach. These ones don't and they taste great.

Muscle Milk is pretty good but my favorite is Matrix5. It tastes great when you add ice and banana to the vanilla mix and make a smoothie in the blender.

Okay folks...I am picky...PICKY :thumbdown: about protien. Here are my choices...

I LOVE :huggie: Max Muscle's MaxPro Banana!! I put in a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and blend it in the blender and I could live off this stuff! It has 30 grams of the good protien, 120 calories, 0 carbs and 0 sugar, 1 fat. With the Peanut Butter added it is about 36 grams of protien and 210 calories, 7 fat. It cost $29.99 for 2lbs ($57.99 for 4lbs) at the Max Muscle store where I live and has 26 servings (or 52). It is $37.99 online though but worth it. My sister adds a bit of sugar free chocolate Syrup to hers.

My choice for ready to drink is :thumbup: Oh Yeah's Cookies and Cream, Vanilla Creme, and strawberry Creme. I buy those at the Max Muscle store too because they give you a 10% discount for buying 12 or more. Cost $37.99 for 12. They have 32 grams of protien, 4 carbs, 3 sugar, but have 9 grams of fat so they are more of a Meal Replacement. They sell them at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, and almost every other place around.

My other choice for ready to drink is the Believe Mocha Latte, Italian Cappicino, and Chai Tea from Bariatriceating.com but I don't buy them much because while they cost about the same as the Oh Yeah's (12 for 39.99)the shipping is CRAZY :thumbup: at $15 to California! They are DELICIOUS though and you have no idea you are getting in 18 grams of protien!!! You can also buy the Oh Yeah's there but why would you pay for shipping when they are carried at almost every nutrition shop around.

My favorite and i am also VERY PICKY is EAS Myoplex Strawberries and Cream or Cookies and Cream. Yummy! Believe me i have gone thru plenty and wasted my money too. If you can buy it at Vitamin Shoppe (cheap) or GNC.< /p>

Edited by SoReady34
Spelling corrected

I buy MATRIX Vanilla Powder from the hospital where I had my surgery. The pharmacy carries it. It's $45.00 a bag but has about 400 shakes and the Protein count is 26gms per scoop. Don't know if it can be purchased online or not. I can add anything I want to it and I love it. I put it all in my blender.

Dymatize Elite® whey Protein Isolate Cafe Mocha

I actually look forward to them! I make it with skim milk..do 1 1/2 scoops and get 36grms from the powder and 8 from the milk to start off my day! Not sweet at all. Very low in sugar and only 117 calories per scoop.

Good Luck!

I use the Pure Protein brand.. chocolate.. I buy it at Target for like $18 for a big jug....it has 25 gr of protein...I mix it w/skim milk, which give me even more protein.. sometimes I add ice and Peanut Butter and put it on the bullett for a nice thick shake...

Im not getting my daily Protein. Can anyone help me with a Protein Drink that tastes good. I had bought a protein drink and end up wasting my money. I paid $40 for it and it tastes horrible. I hate the after taste and taste that it left in my mouth. Can anyone please tell me some Protein drinks that provides the amount of protein but also DOES NOT have a bad taste. I have heard that some protein drinks tastes like a yoohoo. Please provide me with some that tastes like a yoohoo or something that does not taste bad!!!!

I was thinking about trying the Isopure. Have anyone tried the chocolate Isopure. I heard that was good.

I have tried so many kinds of Protein drinks, it's crazy.

So far, the ones I can stand to drink :

Atkins vanilla

SlimFast low carb vanilla

Protein bullets from Walmart (sometimes)

nectar Roadside Lemonaid

nectar Crystal Sky

I am not good at keeping track of every single gram of protein, but try to get it in daily by eating high protein foods and drinking at least one of the above daily.

Here's some interesting facts for ya:

A tall skinny latte at Starbucks has 9gm protein, 90cal, zero fat, add sweet & low, and yum!

A grande skinny latte has 12gm protein, 130 cal, zero fat.

They do have carbs, tall 14, grande19. So, I do not replace my protein drinks with lattes, but it is just interesting info I picked up at starbucks.

Thanks for the tip. I have been having problems getting my Protein requirements in during this post-op liquid diet. I don't like most of the high protein drinks, but do love chocolate milk. I will give this a try.