Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I cleared a hurdle today that could have thrown things way off. Last month, I had my routine wellness mammogram and they saw something. Today I went in for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound and they said that they didn't see anything that was a huge concern, but we'd do a follow up in six months.

I was a bit concerned, as most people would be. But now I can go ahead and proceed with this with no issues. I'm excited for my psych consult and dietitian consult tomorrow!

hello, my name is tina and i also got my date for dec. 3. going for my nutritional class this sat. did all my pre op stuff already, im nervous as heck im a big scaredy cat when it comes to pain lol but i hope its all worth it. i also stopped smoking 9 months ago surpsingly after 20 yrs of smoking it wasnt hard for me but i did gain like 22lbs..

I cleared a hurdle today that could have thrown things way off. Last month, I had my routine wellness mammogram and they saw something. Today I went in for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound and they said that they didn't see anything that was a huge concern, but we'd do a follow up in six months.

I was a bit concerned, as most people would be. But now I can go ahead and proceed with this with no issues. I'm excited for my psych consult and dietitian consult tomorrow!

I had a similar thing happen when I got my first mammogram. They told me that a call-back and then a 6-mo. recheck was fairly common because they don't know what's normal and what's not the first time. Now they have a benchmark. Anyway, it IS scary.... definitely. But now you have something to look forward to!

Make sure to share when you have a date set. I'm keeping a running log so that I remember to pray for (and send positive energy to) that person on the day of the surgery.

Edited by KarynA

:smile2: How exciting!!!

I go for pre-op testing November 23rd, same day as I start the 2-week liquid diet. Bummer since Thanksgiving is that week and I'm hosting! But, this will be the first holiday in a whole line of others in my new life.

Surgery scheduled for December 7th. I absolutely can not wait.

Congratulations December Bandsters. Wishing you all a breezy banding and speedy recovery. :)

:smile2: How exciting!!!

I go for pre-op testing November 23rd, same day as I start the 2-week liquid diet. Bummer since Thanksgiving is that week and I'm hosting! But, this will be the first holiday in a whole line of others in my new life.

Surgery scheduled for December 7th. I absolutely can not wait.

Congratulations December Bandsters. Wishing you all a breezy banding and speedy recovery. :wub:

We should totally keep up with each other! I'm scheduled for the 7th also! Congrats!! :) :w00t:

Boost Glucose Control, I thought that was a diabetes drink. Cool. My doc said Carnation Instant sugar-free drink too. Funny how they didn't say I should just continue taking my One-a-day. They gave me this long list of how much of each Vitamin and mineral I'll need daily so I assumed it was more then the over the counter ones.

weight.png

I was told a one-a-day Vitamin, but a chewable one, since I wuld not be able to swallow a pill after surgery.

This may be weird, but hey, I'm gonna throw this out there anyway.

I have really soft, pliable, movable, stuffable fat, so I look decent in clothes. Lots of people tell me they don't believe I weigh 256 pounds and I'm only 5'4". Again, it's because I wear tight clothes and position my fat well.

I am considering taking nude before pics so I can really see the difference. Has anyone else done this? Or bathing suit befores?:smile2:

*Please let me know if I inadvertently omitted someone... or if there's a new December Bandster to add.

Week 1

Tuesday, December 1: Melinco (date tbd)

Wednesday, December 2: garden-nut, yosemite

Thursday, December 3: tbird1211, dmdsanchez, suzycooke, mommymya, sxygma130

Friday, December 4: kslessar, KarynA

Week 2

Monday, December 7: lackey4, RadioGirl311, skinnybitch

Tuesday, December 8

Wednesday, December 9: michelleintheoc

Thursday, December 10: msjoachin1

Friday, December 11

Week 3

Monday, December 14: j-mae, Drasan (date tbd)

Tuesday, December 15: voodoo, BigMomma

Wednesday, December 16

Thursday, December 17: librarychick

Friday, December 18: bren5500

Week 4

Monday, December 21: hunybear53

Tuesday, December 22: illuminationlady

Wednesday, December 23

Thursday, December 24

Friday, December 25

This may be weird, but hey, I'm gonna throw this out there anyway.

I have really soft, pliable, movable, stuffable fat, so I look decent in clothes. Lots of people tell me they don't believe I weigh 256 pounds and I'm only 5'4". Again, it's because I wear tight clothes and position my fat well.

I am considering taking nude before pics so I can really see the difference. Has anyone else done this? Or bathing suit befores?:smile2:

You know, it never even crossed my mind. I was thinking that I should probably suck it up and take a handful of 'before' pics prior to starting the pre-op diet, but I was dreading taking pictures of myself with clothes on! Nudes (or bathing suit) photos never entered my mind. But I do think it's a GREAT idea. What better way to see the difference?... and you'll never be this size again, so there's only one chance. I'll let you know if I work up the nerve.

I don't think I'd take nude photos, but perhaps in bra and underwear? Or even bathing suit. Maybe do like they do on Biggest Loser, with a sports bra and spandex shorts.

One thing that also helps is if you take all before and after pictures in front of the same thing, and at the same distance, so when comparing, you are not distracted by the background or close ups.

Hi,

What kind of diet are you going to be on for an entire month? I'm afraid the 2 weeks of Optifast will do me in!

The first two weeks the doctor has me on two liquid Protein meals with one meal of real food for dinner low calorie.

Then I can have sugar free Jello,puddings, and popsicles or V8 and low fat yogurt.

Then the last two weeks is all liquid meals. It wasn't to bad today but come 6:00pm I was ready for my chicken. Oh yeah no drink with my meal or a hour before or after that is hard for me.:tongue2:

Me too a December Bandster DR. on 11-18-2009 and surgery date 12-04-2009

:thumbup:Hi

I was called yesterday with a date for surgery, Dec 8th 2009. I am so excited. I danced all day.:)(break dancing)(yea right this time next year huh) lol. I am still so hyped I can't sleep so I started poking around the net and stumbled on to this forum. I have read and read and find it a wonderful place for info that is here as well as finding someone else going in on or so close to my date that it will be great to see the progress of each and everyone.

I am scheduled to have my first visit with dietitian on November 24th I will be starting my liquid diet on the 25th. Surgery on December 8th 2009. Back on Dec 15th for post op.

Seminar 4/14/ 2009

Consult : 7/07/09

Testings: 8/24/09

Dietitian : 11/24/09

nurse practitioner 11/24/09

Surgery 12/9/09

Good Luck to each and everyone of us.:tongue2:

:thumbup:Hi

I was called yesterday with a date for surgery, Dec 8th 2009. I am so excited. I danced all day.:)(break dancing)(yea right this time next year huh) lol. I am still so hyped I can't sleep so I started poking around the net and stumbled on to this forum. I have read and read and find it a wonderful place for info that is here as well as finding someone else going in on or so close to my date that it will be great to see the progress of each and everyone.

I am scheduled to have my first visit with dietitian on November 24th I will be starting my liquid diet on the 25th. Surgery on December 8th 2009. Back on Dec 15th for post op.

Seminar 4/14/ 2009

Consult : 7/07/09

Testings: 8/24/09

Dietitian : 11/24/09

nurse practitioner 11/24/09

Surgery 12/9/09

Good Luck to each and everyone of us.:tongue2:

Nervous excitement? Ya, I know just what you mean. There's a lot of support and information here... tons actually. I'm trying to take it all in. Yesterday, I read about three or four pages of surgery stories, just so that I could get a sense for what is likely to happen to me. I feel pretty good about that part of it now. Anyway, welcome!

Is your surgery date the 8th (comment) or the 9th (signature)?

Hello everyone! I just got my surgery date today--I'm going to be banded on December 21! Santa Claus is bringing me a Lap-Band for Christmas! :tongue2: I couldn't ask for a better present. I am so excited. And nervous. And now I'll be spending the better part of a month obsessing over all this. NOT looking forward to two weeks of Optifast, but it's a small price to pay I guess. Anyone who has surgery before me and has to do the Optifast, please give me a heads up on which flavors I want to avoid. :) And to the one post about before and after photos-I say go for it! I plan on taking photos and my measurements in nothing but a bra and panties just so I can see how far I've come. (Besides, it's not like anyone else has to see them--unless you have a voyeuristic side to you. But I know I'm keeping mine just for me!) Can't wait to hear from everyone about how their journey progresses. Hooray to all of us! (oh, and illuminationlady--just keep at quitting smoking. I work all day with patients who are trying to stop smoking. It's as addictive as crack-give yourself a break, and just keep trying. Eventually it'll stick. Failure only happens when you give up.)