Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

3 weeks post -op, finished first week of soft foods after 2 weeks full liquids. Boy, I never figured tuna/chicken/egg salad would taste so good. Cottage cheese too. Now starting week 4 post op...no appetite at all. Force myself to do Protein Drinks and a few tablespoons of soft food but no desire whatsoever to eat. Great feeling ...as long as its not permanent. Going for my first (fill) a week from tomorrow, going to ask for small fill adjustment due to the fact that I don`t feel (any) need for restriction to curb hunger. Guess its a week by week learning curve.

How strange that the doctors have different post-op eating instructions. Mine was 1 day Clear Liquids, days 2-8 full liquids, then soft foods . . . I never had any problems - 3 days after surgery I made some homemade vegetable-beef Soup, and put mine in the blender! (yum!) I've lost 18 lbs so far (4 weeks out tomorrow - & I'm going for my first fill). Can't wait!!

UGH!! I bought a new scale this weekend. The other one I had was a cheapo and would give me 4 different readings every time I would step on it. The new one is one from The Biggest Loser and also does body fat calculations and other fancy stuff. AND it weighs me about 4-6 pounds MORE than my old one. UGH! I'm taking my ticker down and just going to start over.

I am 6 days post opp today and I was wandering How you guys did with the incisions? I had tape on top of it and today on the shower one came off (with my help). Should I cleaning it whit alcohol or something or cover it again? how should it look like? I had 2 incisions and this is the small one I don't want to imagine the big one.

2 Incisions? I`ve heard of Single Incision Surgery where (all) instruments are inserted (trocars) through the bellybutton. Most procedures leave one large incision where the Port is attached and 4 other quarter inch incisions where co2 gas, lighting, and surgical instruments are accessed. As far as that thin plastic film that covers the dissolvable stitches that most surgeons now use, usually they wear or peal off on their own. I think you`ll be fine, if in doubt, call your surgeons office for advice.

Mmmm, I've got one large incision (port) and three tiny ones.

And I was only on liquids for a couple of days post surgery then mushies for a week and then soft food. I'm now able to eat everything, but suspect that will change after my first fill.

I am 6 days post opp today and I was wandering How you guys did with the incisions? I had tape on top of it and today on the shower one came off (with my help). Should I cleaning it whit alcohol or something or cover it again? how should it look like? I had 2 incisions and this is the small one I don't want to imagine the big one.

I did not have stitches on the outside, I guess I am glued shut, but my doctor said that the strip of tape would fall off in 7 to 14 days and that nothing else had to be done. I think that you will be fine. I hope this helps, however, I know that we are all having different experiences and every doctor is different. Call the doctor if you are not sure! Also, check your discharge papers for any instructions on this.

longbaygirl, Boy, you had an easy trip. Guess your surgeon doens`t buy into the 5 week requirement of 1 week liquid pre-op followed by 2 weeks liquid post-op, followed by 2 additional weeks of soft/mush food. Frankly, I have little appetite and don`t want to attempt eating anything I want prior to my first fill (next Mon) because I`m sure the Band and internal organs are still healing from the surgery. Since I`m not getting either stomach or head hunger, I`m going to request a small fill to begin with. I`ve heard too many horror stories of gagging on liquids, food getting stuck despite consuming small bites and chewing 25/30 times. I want to avoid the painful food stuck, sliming drool as much as possible. Better to be cautious and precede slowly. Good Luck! You have no idea how lucky you were to have avoided 3 weeks on just a liquid fast!

Hi there, so glad to be here!! Hope everyone is doing well. Below is my information.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 293 / 150

2.What is your surgery date? 1/21/10

3.What is your age? 42

4.Where do you live? Santa Clarita, CA

5.Where are you having surgery? Brand Surgical Center, Glendale, CA

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Marc Paya

7.Insurance or self-pay? Aetna Ins. (Awesome insurance)

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? A really good friend of mine spent two years losing 80 pounds. She was extremely dedicated to her diet and exercise routine and she looked amazing. She is extremely disciplined. Well, she kept if off for a year, then gained back all of it plus more during one summer. It was at the same time that Oprah was talking about how she had gained back some of her weight too. Heck, she has a private chef and a gym at home & work and still could not keep it off.

I realized then that I could not do it alone.

I'm one week out and doing really well. I was feeling great hardly any pain except for sitting up in the morning.

Well, this afternoon, as I was walking to the bus stop, I rolled my ankle on the curb and fell to the ground. Owwwwwww. My ankle is fine but my side? Oof. Gotta get those frozen peas back out of the freezer.

HI Everyone...

Well 6 days out and 6 pounds down.. woo hoo....

I am finding that I can eat almost anything I want but in limited portions.. very limited....I am on the mushie stage and pretty much anything I can make mushy I do... I am going to try chicken salad tomorrow..

Now what I have found is that what I ate for one meal just over a week ago, now lasts me ALLL day...how great is that!!

I do have one question.. what does PB stand for....?

I see it everywhere and can't figure it out....

No laughing anyone:):angry:

PB is what they called a "Productive Burp". Sorta like drinking a gulp of Seltzer Water (which I miss sooo dearly) and burping afterwards. Now, PB attempts to dislodge a food particle thats not passing as it should and may have either been too large or not chewed enough. Theres still other (neat) adventures that will come too. Like sliming drool and full blown (stuck) food between your throat and the new small stomach pouch. I hear they are very painful like your having a full blown heart attack until you either through it up or until it finally passes. The only possible way to reduce these incidents I`ve been told is to always take very small bites of food and chew until whatever is left in your mouth has the texture of applesauce. Also, I`ve been told, when your stomach lets you know that your full, (not your brain hunger), drop your fork and STOP. Otherwise, prepare for one of the above unpleasant situations to possibly occur.

PB is what they called a "Productive Burp". Sorta like drinking a gulp of Seltzer Water (which I miss sooo dearly) and burping afterwards. Now, PB attempts to dislodge a food particle thats not passing as it should and may have either been too large or not chewed enough. Theres still other (neat) adventures that will come too. Like sliming drool and full blown (stuck) food between your throat and the new small stomach pouch. I hear they are very painful like your having a full blown heart attack until you either through it up or until it finally passes. The only possible way to reduce these incidents I`ve been told is to always take very small bites of food and chew until whatever is left in your mouth has the texture of applesauce. Also, I`ve been told, when your stomach lets you know that your full, (not your brain hunger), drop your fork and STOP. Otherwise, prepare for one of the above unpleasant situations to possibly occur.

Well then, I PB A LOT... A WHOLE LOT:thumbup:

I have learned in the last seven days to eat less than a third of what I put on my plate.. .which is about a 1/4 of what I normally eat in a meal... stop for about 10-20 minutes then eat a bit more.......I have found that I CAN eat too much soup:):angry:

I was full for six hours on soup:):) This is good though.. 7 pounds in seven days.. I am wicked happy... and actually, the way that I am eating right now I could easily do long term....

This is the first time in my life that I lost seven pounds without being hungry... I love my lapband, PB's and all:):):)

I have never burped this way, it is hilarious... my kids HATE it...:thumbup::) so be it I say:)

Thanks for the knowledge there....

Jen

Don`t worry about a overdose on Soup. It goes right through the (Stoma opening) into your regular stomach much like drinking any liquids like Water or juice. Only if it contains solids like Pasta, rice,veggies, etc that the solids will interfere.

Don`t worry about a overdose on Soup. It goes right through the (Stoma opening) into your regular stomach much like drinking any liquids like Water or juice. Only if it contains solids like Pasta,rice,veggies, etc that the solids will interfere.

Yup.. I found out the hard way that mushy crackers in soup don't qualify as a mushy food:):angry:

I think that was my problem:):)