Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I have a question for all post opp. what is your lever of hunger after surgery? From day one to week 1 o 2 ? I am on my 4 day of liquid diet and I am hungry now. Just wondering how the liquid diet after the surgery goes. :cursing:

I'm hungry right now! :scared2: I'm on full liquids until 2 weeks post op (which will be Tuesday). So I get yogurt w/o fruit, Protein Shakes, 98% fat free cream of chicken Soup (only 1 cup/day). The hunger gets pretty bad at times. But once I sip on my shake, it dissipates quickly. I just can't wait to CHEW food!

I am 6 days post-op and I am so sick of being on liquids!! I feel Water logged most of the time and it's frustrating me. Trying to get 64 oz of water in a day plus my Protein Shakes is so hard. I was never a big "drinker" before this so it's really hard to get all this in now post-op. I did fine on the 4 week pre-op liquid diet but I think I am just really getting burned out on it now. February 3rd is when I see the doctor and will get to switch over to mushies!!

Hey y'all! Don't know if I've posted here or not - I'm a little over 2 weeks post-op, so yay for January 2010 Bandsters! I'm down 19 pounds (started pre-op diet on December 31, so I'm attributing all of my weight loss to 2010!), and I'm loving life! I suppose my stomach is just about done "healing" because I have been STARVING for the past two days...yay Bandster hell! But, thanks to the awesome computer software I use (FitDay) to track my calories, weight loss, activity levels, everything, etc...(lol!), I'm being accountable and NOT shoving anything into my mouth that I'm not fully informed about.

I got my surgery done by calling 1-800-GET-SLIM (see their ads on this website, much?!) and haven't regretted a single minute. My initial consultation was done in November...followed by the pre-op work of an endoscopy, blood work and ultrasound...then a cardiac stress test by my PC doc, a psych and nutrition eval over the phone, and finally surgery exactly two months after my consult - January 7th! Mine went through insurance, so I'm glad I had a rapid turnaround of pre-op work, insurance submittal and insurance approval!

I'm addicted to this website - I read, read, read and read some more. I also have my own blog and have "come out" about my surgery to anyone and everyone - including my students (I teach high school)! I've found the support to be tremendous (especially on my Facebook page!) and it's neat to have everyone continually ask how much weight I've lost, how I'm doing etc. Talk about motivation!

Sounds like my doc was nicer than some of yours - I was on liquids week 1 and was able to progress to mushies week 2 - mashed potatoes never tasted so good! I've been on solid foods now for a couple of days, including some chips and salsa, but it's very clear to me now that my band has no liquid in it! As I said earlier, I've been absolutely starving for a couple of days, so I know my stomach is just about healed...no more swollen belly helping me with restriction! I get my first fill on 2-6-10 and am eager to see how that changes my diet!

Head hunger? Screw it. I didn't go through this just to fail! My body *is* getting what it needs (complete with chocolate Peanut Butter fudge Protein Powder, yummy Vitamins and calcium citrate chews from http://www.bariatriceating.com) and the hunger can shove it! :cursing:

Edited by JoiaRox

HEY ALL!

Here's my update, 12 days out from surgery...

SURGERY: Jan. 12

SURGERY WEIGHT: 255

WEIGHT Jan. 24: 243

WEIGHT LOSS 12 DAYS OUT: 12 LBS.

Reeeaaallly sick of liquids and mushies but that's ok I'm totally committed. I know I'm not getting enough Protein since I'm not doing Protein Drinks (which, come on, tastes like ass). As of Tuesday I'll ate lightly scrambled eggs and cottage cheese -- big excitement! Question: Do you all feel as if weight recently gained is easier to lose than weight that's been around longer? I gained about 15 pounds toward the end of 2009 and I feel like that's why its coming off quickly. HEY WISCONSIN JEN...HOW YOU BE????;)

I was only on liquids for a few days post op and have been on mushies since - with the odd soft egg here and there and ripe bananas.

Do feel hungry. No fill till mid-Feb, hope I can last out till then.

thanks all for the answers. I am counting the hours for Tuesday. I will be joining the club really soon. Wish me luck!!

Wow - I need to be added to the January bandsters. Went to see my doctor this morning and I am now scheduled for January 31st!!!! Can't wait to start my journey with all of you.

Had my first adjustment with my LAP-BAND doctor this morning. He did it under the fluoroscope to make things easier. He used some local anesthesia to numb the area a bit, and then pulled out the longest syringe needle i have ever seen! HAHA. He then proceeded with the adjustment, and placed 3cc inside. It wasn't really painful, just similar to a flu shot. The whole procedure lasted 5 minutes! Very quick.

I wasn't given any special diet the first few days after adjustment. My doc said I can eat whatever I want, but I would need to follow the usual guidelines.

I was then weighed in the clinic, and what do you know, I already lost 34 pounds (since the start of my preop diet last dec. 26) WOOHOO! ;)

So I have my surgery today! It's at 1045 or at least that's when I have to be there. So I was wondering since this is a day surgery what should I bring with me? Also I read about a lot of you being on Clear Liquids as well as my doctor saying that's what I will be doing after surgery, now are you not able to drink the Isopure clear Protein drinks or no? I have been ancy all weekend trying to keep myself busy and not think about it but it seemed like it was forever away. I was looking at my page and realized how ironic it was that my join date to this website was exactly 1 yr from today and my surgery is this day. Now I knew it was meant to happen and feel a million times more like this is the best decision I have made in a long time. So to all of you who will be banded this month or have been banded this month Good Luck and Lose Big!!!

CherieLynne - I know just what you mean about more recent weight gains coming off easier than weight that has been around longer. I think the longer we've had the fat, the more comfortable and settled it gets - it just hangs on for dear life!!!

HI GROUP!!!!

(doncha love the friendly all caps?)

Tomorrow will be two weeks post-surgery and I plan to add exciting foods like soft scrambled eggs oe scrambled egg whites and also cottage cheese, feel like I'm low on the Protein. Been putting higher protien Soups in the blender lately and that has worked well. Yesterday I was sooo hungry that I went through six sugar free Jello cups. It occurred to me that there really isn't any way to tell if you have any restriction when you are on liquids because the liquids go right past the band, right? So we can't really tell until we start on food if we have any restriction or not. Anyone else want to speak to that? I don't have any trouble taking any size pills, for example, as long as I stick em in yogurt and wash it down with Water...

Can someone much smarter than me tell me where to find directions to do the weight loss tape thing??

BO'FINGERED (BANDED) - JAN. 12

WEIGHT AT BANDING: 255

TODAY: JAN. 25

WIGHT TODAY: 242.5

LOSS SO FAR: 12.5 LBS.

WISCONSIN JEN...HOW ARE YOU???:wink:

HEY ALL!

Here's my update, 12 days out from surgery...

SURGERY: Jan. 12

SURGERY WEIGHT: 255

WEIGHT Jan. 24: 243

WEIGHT LOSS 12 DAYS OUT: 12 LBS.

Reeeaaallly sick of liquids and mushies but that's ok I'm totally committed. I know I'm not getting enough Protein since I'm not doing Protein drinks (which, come on, tastes like ass). As of Tuesday I'll ate lightly scrambled eggs and cottage cheese -- big excitement! Question: Do you all feel as if weight recently gained is easier to lose than weight that's been around longer? I gained about 15 pounds toward the end of 2009 and I feel like that's why its coming off quickly. HEY WISCONSIN JEN...HOW YOU BE????:wink:

Keep those updates coming Cherie...

I AM SO EXCITED MY SURGERY IS TOMORROW>>>>

I cannot believe it is time.. I have to be at the hospital at 0645.. I cannot weight (pun intended!!)... to go:):eek:

I am soo hoping to report the same things that you have in two weeks... I have to go shopping now to make sure I have the liquids in the home when I get back tommorrow...

YIKES>>>>> I am the tail end of January Lapband folks...

WHEW>...

I will post tomorrow night when I am home:):)

Keep those updates coming Cherie...

I AM SO EXCITED MY SURGERY IS TOMORROW>>>>

I cannot believe it is time.. I have to be at the hospital at 0645.. I cannot weight (pun intended!!)... to go:):)

I am soo hoping to report the same things that you have in two weeks... I have to go shopping now to make sure I have the liquids in the home when I get back tommorrow...

YIKES>>>>> I am the tail end of January LAP-BAND® folks...

WHEW>...

I will post tomorrow night when I am home:):)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEN!!!!!!!!!!:wink::biggrin::eek:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEN!!!!!!!!!!:wink::biggrin::eek:

I can't sleep at all... I just keep looking at the before and after photos and can't wait to post those....

How often are you going to take photos at all.. just to monitor the loss....

I took some before.. and then I think the 26th of everymonth I will do pictures for the during....every month bandesversary....

I am going to force myself off the computer in a minute though... the anesthiolgist called.. so everything is set... 0845 tomorrow I will be a new person....

Thanks for all the great words....

Jen

Good Luck tomorrow Jen!! :wink:

I plan on taking pictures once a month on my month anniversary.

Kelly