Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgical Weightloss Clinic

Guest cec3135

Guest cec3135

Would like to get any information on the Surgical Weightloss Clinic. Is there anyone out there that has had the Lap Band Precedure done there, and if so what was theire experience like. I will be going to the group discussion next week and was just wondering what to expect. And what I might expect at the meeting and what are the next steps to getting the surgery time set.

HI........I was banded by Dr. Srikanth from the SWLC. Their meetings are very informational. They talk you through everything and answer ANY questions you have. They also are very helpful in helping you through the process. I am very happy I chose them. Ask if you have any more questions. And Good Luck

Guest cec3135

Thanks for the reply, I feel a little more comfortable with my choice. My other question is I seen in my packet a list of labs and a UGI that is required did you have these done at your PCP's office or did you have to go to SWLC to have them done. How soon after all the paper work and lab work is done was your surgery? I have been reading that others have had to do a practice diet before the Lap band was placed, I tried to ready over my material, I didn't find anything regarding that, where you required to do a practice diet before the surgery?

Thanks again for the info, I have been thinking about this for nearly a year, I have tried just about everything to loss weight( except wire my mouth shout) When my Doctor suggested that this might be a option for me I started to do some research and I agreed it seem like a good choice for me. I am alittle nervous abut the UGI and some of the other test and lab work,deep down I am doing the right thing for myself.

I live in southern Idaho so all my testing was done through my PCP here, I am not sure how you do it if you live in Tacoma. There are a lot to tests but it is a breeze. In fact when I had my UGI they found a hiatal hernia that was fixed at the same time I was banded.

I am not sure what you mean by practice diet before surgery but there is a clear liquid diet for 10 days prior to surgery. I was self pay so I did not have to deal with insurance at all. I went to the seminar in March and was banded at the end of May. But I had done a lot of research for about 2 years before I decided to have it done. Keep me up to date on how things are going for you.

When are you going to the seminar?

Hi everyone I had my surgery in ILL this pass April 5, 2005. In July I moved to the Tacoma area and after much research I found this clinic SWLC and I am very happy with my new filled Dr. Srikanth such a pleasent man to talk with. I still don't know anyone out here and have not met any bandster out here.

I am 6 months post-op and lost 65 pounds.I still need to lose another 65 pounds to reach my goal weight of 115 since I am a shorty 4'11 1/2 tall. This last filled did the trick which was my 5th filled I finally hit my sweet spot!!!!

any one wants to chat give me shout.

Rose

4/5/05

245/180/115

Surgical Weight Loss Clinic

Dr. Srikanth

Tacoma, WA

Hi rose

I am having the band done on 12/1. I am excited and sscared. Did you feel full right from the start or did you need a fill to feel full?

Lou Ann

Greetings fellow Washingtonians,

My bad was placed by Dr. Srikanth in May of this year, and I have had several fills with Dr. Fox at SWLC in Tacoma. I was not required to do a test diet. I did have to get lots of labs done. Unfortunately for me, at the time I elected to have the surgery I did not have insurance and so I had to pay cash not only for the surgery, but the testing too. I decided to have my surgery at St. Francis because the hospital appeared much cleaner and new than the other one, and because St. Francis included some of the testing with the surgery. Overall the hospital was fine, the staff certainly were fantastic. My only gripe was that I had to wrestle with the hospital billing departmant about a billing error in which SWLC had not paid St. Francis and St. Francis was hounding me. The issue was handled by SWLC, and I have no complaints. My one concern about the WLC is that they give some extreem nutrition advice that I have decided not to follow (no milk, no more than 4g of sugar per meal, eat only an ounce at a time, the list goes on). I would highly recommend that you see a nutritionist seperately in order to determine your body's nutritional needs. Dr. Fox and Srikanth look good when their patients loose lots of weight, not when their bodies are healthy. I don't mean to sound as if they are just in it to make themselves look good and make money (I hope they do), but that some of the dietary rules they set out for their patients are overly simplistic and fail to meet everyone's needs. For example, I am a 26 year old male, and thier diet/nutrition instructions were the same for me as they are for every other band patient, young and old. If I were to do it all over again, I would happily choose the WLC in Tacoma.

Good Luck.

Hi chuck

I was just reading about our food restrictions with Dr Ross. I have to agree 100%. I am having my surgery in Mexico and fills / followup with Dr Ross. I don't know if I can follow that strict of a diet. I will give it a shot, but am worried its too strict.

LouAnn