Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band hurts - why?

Egads band phlegm.....

I have allergies and have had phlegm so bad I gag on it, actually thats what I'm trying to get rid of now.

Lisa I'm glad your taking care of your baby band. Feel better soon !!!

Good talking to you yesterday :)

Gack, band phlegm? That's a concept I don't want to think about. I'd be all about Soup if that were happening to me. Miso, seafood broth, anything thin, warm, and soothing should help.

Yuck. You poor thing. :)

Even low sodium broth brought the stuck glob back. I think it's a dense form of PB slime that can't go down and won't come up, so it glues to the back of your throat. It chokes in your sleep so you wake up coughing. Add that to regular allergies and it's a miserable night's sleep. Sipping warm liquid is soothing, but it doesn't get rid of it. The best comfort is a steamy shower or bath. Ice pops and cold feel good too, but nothing really gets rid of it. In the past, after a day or so, suddenly I'll sneeze or cough and dislodge the thing. Nice, huh?

I dont know much about the band (I admit)

but, one thing I do know is when I was choking and gagging on my own saliva (like it seems your begining to describe)....

he made me get an unfill.. (stat)

he said not to wait for it to go away, he said in EVERY CASE, he has seen the person lose their band when they let this do on too long and waited for it to get better...

I would have to guess that would mean if you got sick too..

mine lasted over 30 hours and he was acting like that was EMERGENCY too long..

My emergency room did an unfill.. they had never done one before..

but ortiz said "she will lose her stomach! DO IT"

and well they treated it like a real real real emergency..

IT was an ordeal and it was embarrassing and it (if you dont have insurence) will cost alot.. but mine was covered..

First they used this spinal needle and poked around, then they got the flouro machine (hugest one I ever seen) and just stabbed it in and sucked it out..

(I swear.. I COULD give and take.. fills.. lol)

anyway.... that would suck.. cuz you have to get another fill and so on and so on..

I am just telling you that when my doctor said "I have seen it happen in EVERY case that the person loosing their band down the road when they have let this continue"... well, THAT scared me to death!!!!

I am tight... I sure hope I dont get the flu or a cold or something.... Cuz then I will be in your shoes... and I certainly feel for you!!!

I need a flu shot... STAT~!

I am gonna go call my doctor now!

thanks

loves

Thanks Nyk, but I'm swallowing better. Yesterday all my normal band rumbly and grumbling stopped, and I couldn't burp. But today the gurgles are letting liquids pass. I don't think I was ever as bad as even one of your hours though. I just had bad band pain and was choking every couple hours.

Today most of the pain is gone. Thanks everyone for your help & concern & calls & PMs & e-mails & chats, and Kel, I'm sorry I missed you!

I can't get an unfill because I don't have a port. I'd have to get my entire band removed. I just don't have many options (or I have a million too many?)

About a year ago I got a fill and got the flu right after. My doctor recommended Prilosec OTC to help calm my stomach down. What you may be feeling is the result of acid and then inflamation. Get some Prilosec and do cream Soups that will flow through the stoma easier. This is the only thing that helps me when I get the flu or really overeat and make my band crazy.

Sorry to hear you feel icky. I'm glad to hear that today you're a little better.

Keep us posted and don't let anyone take out that band!!!

Megan

Okay, I'm feeling better after a long, long talk with Sandy from Ortiz's office. Long story how I connected with her, but what a wonderful gal. She really helped me out, and tomorrow I'll start hunting down an endo, just to be on the safe side.

But all the talk of "loss of restriction" had me panic so I decided to test my band. I was feeling good, and damn hungry, so I ate some real food. 1/2 cup mashed Beans and 2 ounces meat. Made me full, but felt so good that I added 1 slice rye bread. Now I feel normal, and restricted. Yes, I know I'm supposed to stay on liquids, but I'm obsesses with food, ergo the band. Yikes, I'll never learn.

We think I got something stuck based on the way liquid stuck up top, then added irritation. So tomorrow I start my Quest for a local endo, or at least a fluoro for starters.

Dammit Lisa!

Get back on those liquids! We don't want any more Ghost Bands around here!

Don't make me come over there!

No Port?.... that sucks... you been struggling a long time huh... gosh I wish we had a billionare amongst our mist who understood and gave us money! lol

I would use mine to get a bypass..maybe (seems my band may be unable to work down the road if I cant figure out how to get uninflmaed in the a.m.)

Oh yeah and plastic surgery for all.. I see no way I will ever be able to get that and It seems so gross to have all that hanging flab skin...

HOW ARE YOU delarla? Are you better?

I am still scared to get the flu or anything that would swell me...

Megan mentioned some meds for inflamation but that wont work for me.. I take prednisone daily already... I would need like an IV full every 6 hours to take the swelling down I wake up with..

I'm feeling pretty normal again. I'm still waiting for the referral to come through so I can see the Gastroenterologist. Heaven knows how many phone calls I'll need to make for THAT to happen!

Nyk, sorry that you're having so many problems, too. Could you imagine how different life is for normal folks that don't have weight problems? Sad.

Glad you feel better, good luck on the referral

I CAN imagine how different skinny life is... its them who cant fathom what our lives are like.

I finally got my gastro appointment. Laugh with me. Their first appointment was December 16. When I told them I could be dying (used drama for sympathy) she put me on hold and came back with a much sooner date of December 7. She reminded me we won't do procedures that day since it's just an eval. That means I'll probably get my endo sometime in Feb or March. Sucks since I wanted to use this year's deductible.

See? It's the illuminate at work... I went recently to get my teeth cleaned, when they realized I had dual dental coverage from my husband's employer and mine, they quickly found a few thousand dollars worth of work they could do for me to suck up that money..."it's there might as well use it, right?" translate, it's there WE might as well get our hands on it... they sent me home withOUT cleaning my teeth, but with appointment cards for several upcoming appt's to use up those benefits. I got a new dentist, and had my teeth cleaned nicely the first appointment. I'm to call them if I want or need anything else... It's all a scam anymore. The more visits you make the more money they make. I hate it... you have to go to the doc to make an appointment to see the doc for services... WTF??

Can you all please stand back while I bang my head on my desk for five solid minutes? Remember the days when you went to the dentist and he did his job that day? Now he charges you a few hundred for looking in your mouth and handing you an appointment card for dental work. I'm glad I'm not the only one being duped by the Illuminate! They are everywhere! I think they're Morman. JUST A JOKE, don't be throwing no Morman shoes at me!