Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pjtp...again!

Yay I vote for more Fridays, fundraiser was great but yesterday was so tired could not put two sentences together. Great skill in the professional work place. This weekend will consist of some work, some study (MFT test) and some fun. (I like the fun part have to deal with the other parts). Have a great weekend all I will check in later!

PJTP...

Noticing that the room is empty, Tapshoes takes centerstage, grabs the mic and belts out show tunes, and then dressed in a killer danceoutfit, dances up a storm the likes of which haven't been since since Gene Kelly was in his prime.

Exhausted, but ecstatic, Tapshoes, wipes her brow, and leaves the stage................

After recovering from her startled, but appreciative state, Ebony stands and applauds wildly for Tapshoes. :closedeyes:

Yay I vote for more Fridays, fundraiser was great but yesterday was so tired could not put two sentences together. Great skill in the professional work place. This weekend will consist of some work, some study (MFT test) and some fun. (I like the fun part have to deal with the other parts). Have a great weekend all I will check in later!

Rest up, Bristlecone - glad you had a good time!

Busy here in the office this afternoon - file uploads, filing recieved materials, testing, data adjustments, etc, etc, etc.

At least I DID get out for a walk at lunchtime. Not exactly looking forward to my walk to the train station though - it's getting gray and cold / windy out...BRRRR! :w00t:

I'm here, Tap.

Checking in. Still in a funk. My head feels weird. Like light-headed on the verge of a Migraine all the time, kinda thing. Makes me feel funky and not in the mood for much of anything. I stopped my BP med again to see if that makes a difference. I had started only taking 1/2 (instead of a whole 1) after my last appt w/my surgeon but I'm wondering if it's still too low. I checked my BP this AM and it was on the low end but when I took it again a little bit ago, it was up a little again. Not bad, by any means so I think I'll see what happens with going off altogether for awhile.

Actually managed a slight loss this week after gaining 3lbs in the last 2 weeks previous. It's only 3/10ths but I'll take it at this point. Better than a gain! I know what the problem is but trying to stop it is proving difficult. I'm snacking. Hungry or not. AND it's salty/spicey stuff. Like a Cajun Trail Mix I found at Wal Mart last week. Bag is gone now so I just have to stop myself from buying more. Tho there are cheezits and goldfish in the house for DD too. Those I can resist a little easier but not by much!

Anyway, I'm just trying to get myself back to ME and having a hard time. Not wanting to be a drag so that's why I haven't been posting. Don't have much to say and it's all a downer anyway. :closedeyes:

I'll talk to y'all later. Take care in the meantime.

We are eonly open 9-2 on Friday, so when I got off, I went to the bookstore, then went and dealt with my nails, and had a manicure---they look loverly now! Then DH got off about 3:30, so he and a friend from work met me at Chili's for Happy Hour!!! From there Rick and I hit the mall! I bought 4 new shirts, and a new jacket. Then we had dinner and come home.

Wonderful end to the day----AWAY from work, and not having to go there for the next couple of days!!!

I hate I missed Taps one man show!

I need to head off to the shower---so my hair will dry and I might actually get to bed sometime tonight.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, then at 3 AM Rick's work phone rang, with a moron asking questions that damn well could have waited til day break! Then I could not get back to sleep! Finally dozed off just for Ricks alarm to go off at 5:30. Stayed in bed, finally got to sleep, just for my own alarm to go off an hour later! Worthless night for sleep--looking forward to a cozy comfy sleep tonight!!

See y'all tomorrow!

Yay I vote for more Fridays, This weekend will consist of some work, some study (MFT test) and some fun. (I like the fun part have to deal with the other parts).

Oh oh oh...where's the voting????

Sounds like your weekend is a little of everything; hope it is a good one!

At least I DID get out for a walk at lunchtime. Not exactly looking forward to my walk to the train station though - it's getting gray and cold / windy out...BRRRR! :crying:

I NEED to get out and walk, but I just can NOT get my rear in gear. But now that my mother has gone back home, perhaps this week will be the week I start back into exercise.....

Checking in. Still in a funk. My head feels weird. Like light-headed on the verge of a Migraine all the time, kinda thing. Makes me feel funky and not in the mood for much of anything.

I know what the problem is but trying to stop it is proving difficult. I'm snacking. Hungry or not. AND it's salty/spicey stuff. Like a Cajun Trail Mix I found at Wal Mart last week.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get myself back to ME and having a hard time. Not wanting to be a drag so that's why I haven't been posting. Don't have much to say and it's all a downer anyway. :thumbup:

Ah Heart, I know what the blue funks are like. I'm sorry you are going through them, and wish I could help. But alas, I cannot. Don't worry about being a drag....we're here to help (see my 'Psychiatrist is in" sign above my head??)

I went to the bookstore, then went and dealt with my nails, and had a manicure---they look loverly now! Then DH got off about 3:30, so he and a friend from work met me at Chili's for Happy Hour!!! From there Rick and I hit the mall! I bought 4 new shirts, and a new jacket. Then we had dinner and come home.

looking forward to a cozy comfy sleep tonight!!

Bookstore visits make any day brighter!! I'd forgo lots of other things for a trip to a bookstore with the money to spend on books!! Forget a manicure...books!!

Sounds like a lovely day Kat. Hope you got some sleep, and enjoyed the rest of the weekend.

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm hoping this week that the conversations in this thread pickup - it's been very slow, and getting slower. Although I understand why some people may be disenchanted, please come back ....I miss you! :hurt::wink2::cryin::cryin:

Noticing that the room is empty, Tapshoes takes centerstage, grabs the mic and belts out show tunes, and then dressed in a killer danceoutfit, dances up a storm the likes of which haven't been since since Gene Kelly was in his prime.

Exhausted, but ecstatic, Tapshoes, wipes her brow, and leaves the stage................

*clapping wildly* Great Job! You are so talented!! *big grin*

PJTP - I am soooo sore today! Saturday I took a class at the gym wearing MBT fitness shoes. I was skeptical that they would do anything but good golly Miss Molly! I am still sore two days later and it wasnt much of a workout I thought! Just stretches, walking, lunges etc. I barely broke a sweat!! Now I must have these shoes to wear everyday! lol

The problem is they are very expensive!!

I also ran yesterday - C25K week 2 day 1. I did pretty well - good in the beginning - struggled a little in the middle and recovered at the end. I am determined to look as hot as possible for my daughters wedding June 19 2010.

I hope you all are having a super groovy day! :wink2:

PJTP...Back after the weekend!:hurt:

Saturday was busy - lots of stuff around the house. Had a bad tummy day (sensitive, lots of PB'ing on stupid stuff that didn't bother me a few days ago - go figure) but okay.

My monthly "friend" must be approaching - I usually get tight around that time, but this is reediculous!

Lots of reading and studying - my classes are different that way this time. I've got to stay on top of them or I'll get seriously behind!

Went to a college football game with DH and DD - halfway through the game, slimed on nachos (chips, I guess - only ate about a quarter of them) and felt yukky the rest of the day. The game was fun, though - our team won!

DD is hoping to be chosen for a Disney internship starting in January - she'd be in Orlando, working and attending classes, and be there until May. Then she'd be home for a couple of months and start at Virginia State in August. I'm happy for her, but I know I'm going to miss her a ton! :cryin:

She did an online assessment and had a phone interview on Sunday, which went very well.

Sunday was kinda slow...church in the morning, DH and DD did some campaign stuff while I took care of homework, and then we went to the movies. They saw the latest movie in the "Saw" franchise, I saw "Law Abiding Citizen" which I thought was excellent.

Took it easy on my sensitive tummy the rest of the day, and today's been okay. Back to running this morning and my hip feels fine - want to get the last 20 pounds off so I can get to "Maintenance Mode".

Have a wonderful afternoon, Everyone! :wink2:

Not disenchanted Tap----just a busy weekend, and now back to work.

And I will admit, I have been on a reading kick....

AND.....I finally began my newest grandsons Christmas stocking. I have handmade stockings, for all of us, that take up an entire wall in my house. I had 2 new grandsons to add this year, and the stockings take many, many hours to complete--lots of sewing, and sequins and beads.....but I MUST get it done! So I have begun!

I miss the give and take in the room as well---it is sad to me for it to be gone.

[ I had 2 new grandsons to add this year, and the stockings take many, many hours to complete--lots of sewing, and sequins and beads.....but I MUST get it done! So I have begun!

I'd love to see a pic, Kat. I have my first grandchild, and although I have done stockings for my nephews and niece, DH and others etc, the DSD doesn't appreciate homemade, and doesn't want one done by any of the relatives. So, my idea is torpedoed...

Lots of reading and studying - my classes are different that way this time. I've got to stay on top of them or I'll get seriously behind!

They saw the latest movie in the "Saw" franchise, I saw "Law Abiding Citizen" which I thought was excellent.

Back to running this morning and my hip feels fine - want to get the last 20 pounds off so I can get to "Maintenance Mode".

I can understand paying attention to the school stuff, but you need 'play time' too! I can't imagine seeing the Saw - ick. And I'm not too sure about the Law Abiding Citizen either - my DSDs tell me that I won't like it, too graphic, gratuitous violence, etc.

I wish I could get back to doing something, but so far, my ass just won't move!

Only 20 pounds to go Ebony - that's fabulous!:wink2::thumbup:

PJTP - I am soooo sore today! Saturday I took a class at the gym wearing MBT fitness shoes. I was skeptical that they would do anything but good golly Miss Molly! I am still sore two days later and it wasnt much of a workout I thought! Just stretches, walking, lunges etc. I barely broke a sweat!! Now I must have these shoes to wear everyday! lol

I also ran yesterday - C25K week 2 day 1. I did pretty well - good in the beginning - struggled a little in the middle and recovered at the end. I am determined to look as hot as possible for my daughters wedding June 19 2010.

Hi CC - Tap waves wildly and yells at the top of her lungs!!

Another one running - what IS it about you guys??? Running? By choice. Enjoying it???? The shoes sound worth the money - but I suppose I would have to do my part and actually DO something - they won't just do it all themselves, will they???

Glad to see you back posting....

Edited by tapshoes
'worth the monty'??? obviously a typo, but funny too!

Tap, I'd love to show you....but my ability to post pics is non existant! I cannot size them I guess is the issue. I have a pic of most of them from a couple of years ago, and also have individuals of most of them, from showing my Aunt----so am only missing the latest of the little ones!!

Will attempt it again maybe!!!

I also need to download some new pics, I actually took a picture of a woman riding a horse, leading another horse....with a DOG riding it!!! LOL!!!

Hi folks. I'm still here and reading occasionally but SO busy that I haven't had time to post much lately. I've been in my new house for 2 weeks and all unpacked now - it's looking really nice too! Just started back at my old job in Argyle Diamonds and flew up to site last night, with today being my first day. It's so nice to catch up with everyone again and really gratifying to get so much positive feedback from people who have missed me and my work :cursing:

Hi everyone!

Fanny - I didn't realize you had returned to your old job; I missed that news somewhere. It is good to feel missed, and welcomed back, isn't it?

Kat - but you posted your profile pic, so there must be a way (says she who is non-technical). I really want to see the stockings, or close ups of one or two.

I miss my morning chats with Slim. sigh...

Going to the Y today and either recommit to going there faithfully (which I did for 18 months) or clean out my locker as I've been paying the fee without going for 3 months...time to make a decision!

Gloomy Tuesday - cold and raining (at least it isn't snowing!).

Spent a few hours looking for a new job yesterday...between the economy, my requirement for a job too be something I haven't done before, and the fact that I'm in my 50's, the opportunities are few and far between. But I HAVE to leave where I am; I am the proverbial round peg getting mighty bruised and beaten as they try to force me into the square corporate hole. Of course the fact that one friend sent me an email yesterday telling me it was the first monday of the last 5 weeks she would work before retiring just depressed me. I am no where close to being able to afford to retire....and now my friends and previous co-workers are counting down. Between marital break-up, bad investments, and my habit of moving every 3 years...I will be lucky to retire before I'm dead!! :cursing::cursing::scared2:

Bah!