Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited/happy finallly!

Erin, don't get discouraged. Sometimes it takes a little time to adjust to life with the lapband but you can do it. Since your surgery, you have already made much improvement. Take one day at a time. I know you can do it...

Hang in there Erin :-( Hopefully things will get better soon for you. I know it's hard to stay positive, but I hope the worst is over for you. Just think you will be happy again soon......and much thinner!!

Hugs

G'ma

hi erin! i'm happy for you that you were able to do this while you're still young! my son is a senior this year and i can't imagine any of his friends having the courage to change thier lives in such a positive way. i want to tell you i am 4 weeks out, and every morning i feel nausea. i have found if i eat activia yogurt almost immediately upon wakening, i feel better. also this yogurt is meant to get your bowels working. give it a try and before you know it you'll be wearing skinny jeans!!!lol lisa6

thanks (:

my mom just bought some of that yogurt yesturday, so i will try that. well for 3 days last week i only had nausea in the morning then friday it came all day, not badly tho, then starting saturday up to now, i have it all day long

if nothing gets better by sept. 30th, im going to talk to my surgeron about getting it removed, he said he didn't know what else to do if the nausea doesnt go away besides getting it removed, i know its stupid, butttt what's the point if im going to be sick all the time ya know? i had nausea right from the start. if i do get it removed, i'll follow the rules still and pretend as if i still have it in

i made it under 200, i'm 199.5#'s now.

ya know, maybe the band isnt right for me, i know, i know, keep positive, i'll do great and stuff, but i wanna FEEL great and i haven't felt great, i dont even remember what it feels like, or even remember what it was like to be happy, i do remember i felt it back on july 30th, day before surgery. i wanted it out since my first week post op, sad i know. i'm just so sick and tired of being sick all the time, i just want it out, maybe i'll be happier, maybe i'll feel like myself again.

i dont want anyone to talk me out of it ): i know you all will think im stupid, but i just cant take it anymore!! i'll prob gain some weight, but im not gonna let myself fall back to where i was, you think i'm that crazy?! i'm gonna work my butt off to get to goal, i'm more motivated now than i ever was! if i get it removed, which i want to, i'm gonna keep taking my time eating meals slowly and take 30 mins to eat, drink 30 mins after and exercise for an hour everyday, which i should deffinately be doing now, but i feel pukey right now. i just dont want anybody talking me out of it...

Sweetheart you have to do what's right for you. I'm so very sorry your experience has been so cr*ppy. I do hope you feel like a million bucks before the end of the month, and I'm really impressed with how well you've done so far.

thanks, I sure hope I get better

But I really don't think it's made for me.

I'll give it a little more thinking to do, but I hope I can get it out in November, by then I can come up with a healthy food plan and a good exercising plan

I just don't know why I had to have a crappy time with the band, I thought by now I'd be back to normal, but I'm not and I just can't take it, so I really want it out

I'll do what ever it takes to keep losing

I'll never get another weight loss surgery, I think it's not for me

I was so excited when I saw this post, then I read the rest of what you have still been going through.

Erin be proud to get yourself under 200lbs, however, being sick the whole time doesn't help at all, maybe once you get through this infection you may feel better, but you have to do what is right for your body, nobody else can do it for you. and you are right, you now know what can work for your body to help you lose the weight and keep off what you have already done.

Congrats girly and have fun in your senior Year...

Your feeling sick all the time because you are eating too much at a time.. I know because I did the same thing and still do sometimes. You miss the food and want the band out..Its as simple as that..Dont think that you can fool me because I was the same way. I do think you are crazy if you would go through surgery to SAVE your life and then risk your life a second time to take out the one thing that was going to help you the most. If your surgeon takes out your band without making you see a psychiatrist then he is a bad doctor....Dont eat as much...Eat smaller softer foods. Take b-12 liquid or have him give you b-12 shots once a week. You will start feeling better. You JUST made a major adjustment to you anatomy. Your body needs time to heal and you need to learn how to eat all over. I had my surgery in may and just last night I ate two chicken strips and felt like shit. I wished I hadnt eaten the second one. But I skipped breakfast..BAD NO NO. and was way too hungry and ate too much...And then what happens... You get nauseous...If you take it out you will be a quiter and you WILL end up fat again.....BECAUSE you miss the food.....

I barely eat anything now and if I do eat anything, I end up throwing the rest away. I take my time when I eat so I'm not eating fast. I'm not hungry for food, I wish I can actually eat some. When I watch, smell, hear, or even think about food MAKES me want to vomit, I'm NOT kidding!! Just because I want to get the band out DOESNT make me a quiter, sometimes not everything works for everyone. What you say to me won't bring me down, I want you to know that. I will succeed and I know I will cause my brother is a great pusher/motivator and his gf will help me out. I will NOT get fat, I will lose weight with great success, yes I put my life in risk to get this band, my life just isn't the way it should be, besides losing the weight. I haven't felt like myself at all and I haven't felt happy... NO I'm not thinking of food, I don't want to eat food. Instead, I feel like I have to force myself to eat my meals, I have to when I take my antibiotics, I've been on those since Monday September 14th, not feeling better, sick to stomach/nausea wise.

Are you kidding me?! I'm not missing food one bit, got it?

Your feeling sick all the time because you are eating too much at a time.. I know because I did the same thing and still do sometimes. You miss the food and want the band out..Its as simple as that..Dont think that you can fool me because I was the same way. I do think you are crazy if you would go through surgery to SAVE your life and then risk your life a second time to take out the one thing that was going to help you the most. If your surgeon takes out your band without making you see a psychiatrist then he is a bad doctor....Dont eat as much...Eat smaller softer foods. Take b-12 liquid or have him give you b-12 shots once a week. You will start feeling better. You JUST made a major adjustment to you anatomy. Your body needs time to heal and you need to learn how to eat all over. I had my surgery in may and just last night I ate two chicken strips and felt like shit. I wished I hadnt eaten the second one. But I skipped breakfast..BAD NO NO. and was way too hungry and ate too much...And then what happens... You get nauseous...If you take it out you will be a quiter and you WILL end up fat again.....BECAUSE you miss the food.....

I find your post extemely rude and not helpful in the least. The LBT rule is to attack the idea, not the person. Calling Erin a "quiter" is attacking. And quitter is spelled as such.

Jack - you are the only one I've found so far with 5 years on the band. Please tell me, after 5 years, what complications have you had? I keep finding people with 5 years or more post-bypass with horrible complications and lots of people who have had their bands removed.

Jack - you are the only one I've found so far with 5 years on the band. Please tell me, after 5 years, what complications have you had? I keep finding people with 5 years or more post-bypass with horrible complications and lots of people who have had their bands removed.

Pink Stella, I'm 7yrs post banding. I have a blog where I discuss many of my experiences if you'd like to check it out. I can't complain. I'm happy and at a normal weight. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :thumbdown:

Erin, sweetie, you'll do what you know in your heart is the right thing to do if you exhaust every option available to you. We can't know exactly what you're going through because everyones experience is different. Apart from vlemus, who believed they had experienced the same as you, I'm not reading any other post from people who've had the same or similar situation. It makes me wonder if you need a complete physical as perhaps there could be un-band-related issues going on with you atm? Having a bladder infection is nasty. Sometimes the antibiotics they put you on aren't the right kind or you need a second round because the infection is quite severe. You may have a secondary infection also. I'm so sad that you're suffering so. I hope that your health returns and you make a well informed & thought through decision on the future of your band. You're a young women who's determined (I can tell that), and you'll make it, I'm certain. You will be happy. You will be healthy. You're just going thru a really sucky time right now unfortunately. But, when you come out the other side, you'll be even stronger than before! Best of luck. :thumbdown:

I hope soo, thanks (: