Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried to search the forums, but nothing came up.

Does anyone have any good excuses for the scars, other than it's a lap band? It would be easier if they weren't so fresh and pink. I've been hiding this from the world. I've been wearing one piece bathing suits which I never even did when I was really overweight.

Maybe someone is going to see me naked this weekend who has also seen me naked before the surgery...I think he will have questions and I'd rather not tell him. :laugh:

Gal bladder maybe? I don't know. I think 24 is too young for that. Any suggestions?

if the someone seeing you naked cares about you, you have nothing to worry about, weather you lie or not.....

He might believe you saying you had a cyst on your ovary.....Guys are not thinking rationally in front of naked girls!

I personally like.."I was stabbed in a knife fight."

I like the knife fight response too!! I agree with givempills, if he loves you it won't matter. If love isn't part of the equation, he still probably won't mind. Again, I think givempills has a good idea, if you talk ovaries or other "girl parts" with guys, they seem to get uncomfortable and don't want to go there...even to ask why the scar is way up by your boobs! :laugh:

Angie

I was really nervous about hiding the surgery from my in-laws so I was so relieved when my surgeon told me I would have to have a severe hernia corrected while he was in there. PERFECT!!! I knew immediately that that would be my excuse. I was thrilled I would no longer have to hide the surgery or the scares, and best of all, it wasn't a lie. I DID have a hernia corrected. :wink:

So...you could tell him you had a hernia corrected, or you can just tell him that you had to have some exploratory abdominal surgery because you had chest pain. Whatever feels right, just go with it!

Good luck!!!

For some reason the girly parts thing didn't even occur to me! That's usually my first excuse for everything.

Regardless of whether they love you or not, unfortunately they still tend to want to know about large, fresh, pink scars across the abdomen. Even if they don't ask, I still see them look and react so I have to come up with something,

Since I had a hernia fixed and scar tissue from a previous gall bladder removed I tell people only about those things if they wonder why I was out of work.

My old boss had hernia repair and his scars are similar to mine.. so.. there ya go!

Most guys at that point will believe anything you tell them and not think twice... :wink:

Gallbladder would come to mind for me and unfortunately, with the diets people eat and the shape they are in these days, 24 isnt too young.

Your scar will fade very quickly, so hopefully you won't have to worry about this matter for too long, mine is barely visible after 10 months.

Mine shows after 2 yrs out. I stupidly told family I had the banding but I think if I could have done it again..I would have said ...hernia repaired :eek:

I do not have a hernia...who would have known and they have a restricted diet :0)

But at my age 54...do not give a s@@@!

but i would not have told anyone, hate people asking about the band

:wink::w00t::w00t:

Hi california, I love, love, love this question! I am hoping to someday go back into the dating world...

It is ironic that my band incisions are all about 3inches from my gall bladder removal surgery incisions.

Absolutely no one would know the difference in the surgeries! (Well, unless maybe he is a doctor...lol)

Anyway, the hernia repair surgery is very close too, so either would be a good choice.

You are young -enjoy every moment. And remember, 99% of women's bodies are not perfect. When I was your age-and dating-I already had strecth marks from previous childbirth. Believe me, I cared much more than my boyfriends did. I hope you have a wonderful time dating!!

As for being too young for gall bladder surgery.. I had mine out at 21. So, you could use that excuse. But once your naked, you could probably tell a man that you had your a cat implanted in your body and he wouldn't know any different LOL :wink:

As for being too young for gall bladder surgery.. I had mine out at 21. So, you could use that excuse. But once your naked, you could probably tell a man that you had your a cat implanted in your body and he wouldn't know any different LOL :wink:

:blink::w00t::frown::eek::w00t:

Good point! HAHA!

SandyGoKate and others nailed it .... we're talking about a guy. Frankly, guys are pretty simple once it gets to naked. I mean, really. Example? I'm in a very long-term relationship (no desire to get married or live togethero. He knows me pretty darned well after all these years. I almost lost my leg 2 years ago because of a beta strep infection that followed up an achilles tendon rupturing and being repaired. I had an OPEN WOUND on the back of my right leg with a copious amount of bandages and he didn't even notice until WAAAYYY later, LOL. Guys!

If he actually notices AND comments. You always have the option of "oh, it was no big deal, just a _______" fill in with cyst, hernia, or gallbladder problem.

I'm all for honesty but that's me.

My gall bladder was removed when I was 24, 5 weeks after I had my 3rd child. My lap band scars are in almost the same exact spots.

HOWEVER... I would be honest with this person. IF you care enough to let him/her see you naked, you should care enough to be honest.