Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YIPES! Getting sick?-surgery scheduled for Thursday!

WTF!!! I think I am coming down with something. My throat and ears are really bothering me and I am afraid I might be end up with a full-blown cold or flu before my surgery Thursday! Will they have to call the whole thing off? Man, it would totally suck to use the last of my vacation to travel to Mexico, just to have to reschedule for next year when I have vacation again. Not to mention the money I would have lost on my non-refundable tickets to San Diego. Holy cow. Am I freaking out for nothing? I keep whispering to myself not to be stressed and that I am healthy hoping to help my immune system. I thought I would just freak out here too and see if that made me feel better. :) I have already had to reschedule once. I am just dying to get this show on the road.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Oh, you poor dear. Maybe it's just allergy, sometimes that can seem like a cold. Have you taken anything for it? Why not try a non-drowsy allergy med to see if that helps. I don't think they'd cancel the surgery unless you were running a fever, then they couldn't do it.

Drink a lot of liquids, enough to float to Mexico on. It helps dilute the 'bugs' in your system and elminate them faster. There's also Cold-Eze, they're some pretty nasty tasting lozenges, but they say if you start them when you first start feeling the symptoms, it can shorten the time.

Well girl, I'm all out of ideas. Gee, I wish there were something else I could do for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Feel better.

Cindy

get some emergen-c drink they have it at costco, Trader Joes, Fred meyers..... Most stores, drink it three times a day. It works. Drink plenty of Water tooo.

good luck

Zicam

Reduces Severity Of Colds And Duration Of The Common Cold. I Take It When I Feel Like I May Be Getting A Cold.sometimes It Knocks It Out Before It Hits Me. It Works Great.

Get something that makes it not as noticable and keep it to yourself. Call it allergies or whatever, too much is at stake.

I hope all goes well for you. I'm so sorry to hear about your possible cold. Just try to relax - stress will just make it worse. Eat a well balanced diet, drink plenty of fluids, (especially orange juice for the Vitamin C), I also recommend Cold Ease (aka zinc lozengers), and maybe a little alcohol (yes a cocktail) or nyquil - the alcohol kills germs. My pharmacist friend told me that little tip. I really hope you're o.k. Let us know what happens and take care.

Thanks, guys. This board is so encouraging. I think I will be okay. Those zinc melts really work. I did the Nyquil too. I was never a believer until now. Maybe my body wasn't too happy about the sudden drop in calories either. You know, the week before liquid diet bit. Thanks for the prayers and keep 'em coming! I leave tomorrow!!!

Get some "oscillococcinum" at a pharmacy or heathfood store. I have used it for years at the first signs of the cold/flu and each and every time the duration and severity was diminished remarkably. My husband (a non believer) will be sick as a dog and I will bounce right back.