Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good evening, Violets..

Had a very nice day today. Church went well, the choir was awesome. I played flute while they sang a piece called Celtic Laud. My Godson who graduated today sang the Leonard Cohen Hallelujah ... the song from Shrek. He did a great job and I'm singing it next Sunday at a concert.

We came home, cleaned a bit, took our adopted son out for his 44th birthday lunch and then we came home and I napped for almost 3 hours!

When I got up we went to Walmart and Home Depot. I got the last plants for our new area in the back yard. Then we took a trip and checked out the places that are also on the garden walk. I must admit I'm relieved to know our gardens look as good or better than the ones we saw. whew!! I just hope there will be things in bloom in July. My blue irises are all blooming now and are gorgeous as are the lupines. I need to take some pictures soon before those blooms are gone.

Tomorrow we leave at 8:30 for the 8 hour round trip to the fill doctor. I'm so glad that I'll be going down with a loss this time. I don't need a fill, but Bob does. He started out after his last fill doing really well, but he's started to slip into bad habits again.

I'm taking a Water pill tonight and wearing really light clothes tomorrow.. hope it works!! :)

Janie.. so sorry you didn't get all the birthday wishes you deserved today...

Mae.. congrats on the lifetime membership and being below goal!!!! You're an inspiration!!

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!

Oh, the birthday thing doesn't bother me, it just surprised me. I just took two melatonins so I should sleep well this evening.................

Janie, Happy Birthday... I am sorry I didn't pick that up....and yes, Elgin is about 40 miles from Chicago...and IN the city it does get pricey and now it is probably worse...not quite so bad in the burbs...so how far is it to KC from STL???...we've done STL a couple of times...ok, well think I am tucking it in for the night....have a great week all....and I also got de-friended....c'est la vie!!!!

Good morning, Violets..

We're off to Port Huron 4 hours away for our fill appointment. I need to talk to my doc. about the unfill before surgery for me. Sure hope I can get back to get it filled up soon after surgery. I'm not looking forward to being without my band for very long.

Everyone have a great day. Will check in tonight when we get back.

Laura.... where the heck are ya??

Judy, I didn't have to get an unfill before my surgery, but I am only at 3.5cc in a 10cc band.

Judy, I didn't have to get an unfill before my surgery, but I am only at 3.5cc in a 10cc band.

I'm at 3.7 in a 4 cc and I have a horrible time with anesthesia. Best I get it unfilled. I know my friend Kathy had hers unfilled before her hip replacement and we have the same doctor.

This is my horoscope for today. Hmmm, maybe this explains how my year's been going... "shifting universal energies" at work!:

Shifting universal energies lead to corresponding changes in your life. They affect you, your friends, your family and, most importantly, how you and all your people relate to one another. Keep cool, don't overreact and remember that your faith that things will work out all right leads to positive end results for you. Hold on tight, and enjoy the ride!

Good morning girls~

Good luck Judy! Drive carefully...

Michelle, that is my horoscope too, Cancer baby! Thanks for posting it! Perhaps your juju will change soon, as the end of this month will be half way through the year! 180 shopping days until Christmas!:):lol::thumbup::lol:

Well, last week! So sorry my dear violets to get the same updates from me...but that is all I got to report!!!

Our freezer is acting up, and now we are fighting w/ who is responsible for it. IT IS NOT US!!! Two dummies at the helm telling me two different things...UUUGGGGGHHH!

OK, we are in the lab today, so i'll be popping in, a lot! talk it up girls!

Laura, where you b???

yeah, it's best you get an unfill. I got sick from the pain meds though.

Have a great drive judy!

Jane, maybe your mom forgot to inform people, lol. But that was sweet of that sweetie to give you a thank you note for cheese! She's a keeper!

So what's that Fiber stuff people take that dissolves in a glass of Water? I'm hurting and I've upped my fruit intake so much but it hasn't helped.

Lots of naseau (sp?) this past week. I had to leave mass yesterday because the incesnse made me dry heave. Super sensitive nose. There is so many things that I can't smell right now or they make me gag. I hope this stage ends soon.

Other than that I'm well. Juan is being super attentive with me. He's so happy and wants to make sure I'm always happy and comfortable.

I had cheerios with strawberries this morning for Breakfast but what I really wanted was coffee! My coworker had a steaming mug on her desk when I went in there to talk to her and it smelled so so good.

Its so humid here its like trying to breathe in cottage cheese... its only gonna get hotter

Its so humid here its like trying to breathe in cottage cheese...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I enjoyed several "work for myself" perks this morning... making $ while outside, at the patio table, on a gorgeous morning with a cool breeze, tweeting birds, a steaming cup of joe, catching a few rays while still in my pj's! :)

But now I've moved back into the office... the "cool breeze" picked up to a pretty constant one that blew my papers all over the patio!

And really, it's noon now... I should go get out of these pj's and shower... I should...

But why?? Ha ha ha... if I worked at home I swear I would live in my pjs. When I don't have errands to do on Saturday I stay in my pjs all day. When I hear the garage door opening I ruuuunnn and strip and get in the shower. Juan never knows, lol.

Yeah the air is eeewwww today. So much that I don't plan on leaving for lunch. Ill stay in and eat canned Soup.< /p>

"But why?" Good point! I keep telling myself "after the next 50 pages"... but then I get on a roll and don't want to stop! (With almost 700 pages of Internal Revenue Code to read, I need all the momentum I can get!)

I do have to leave the house by 2:30pm to deliver baked goods to the MS for "Just Desserts" day tomorrow... then, OF COURSE, both kids have eve activities... so... at SOME point I'll have to becoming socially presentable!