Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Months Later, Frustrated, in need of a new CHICAGO Doctor.. Suggestions?

Hey all!

I've been gone for several months... but I'm back. I've decided to give this all another shot, as frustrated as I am.

I'm not sure if you guys remember from previous posts, but I was having a lot of problems with my doctor. Basically, I was seriously mistreated and now have a $2,000 hospital bill because of it. This happened back around June or so. I've avoided going back for a fill since. I tried going back once, but I got such a horrible panic attack while pulling into the parking garage, that my mom refused to let me go in. This entire ordeal has been one bad situation after the other.

I'm frustrated because I was a self-pay... I shelled out $15,000 and a lot of time, only to end up frustrated with hardly any weight loss.

I figured I'd give this another go. Does anyone in the Chicago area have an AWESOME, INFORMATIVE, doctor who will COMMUNICATE and WORK WITH YOU that they'd recommend??

I have heard of a Dr. Horgan but not really sure where in your area he is. One of the girls from Spotlight switched to him.

Hey Lisa- I know that you've had problems with Dr. Horgan's office in the past. I must say that my experience with MIBC was not great either and I'm looking for another surgeon/office in Chicago too. I found this directory through Google - why not interview them over the phone first - then narrow it down to the top 3 and make office visits. I cannot afford to pay out of pocket and my health insurance will not cover surgery because I don't have enough co-morbidities - isn't that a shame. I'm type 2 diabetic because of the excess weight, but because my blood pressure, cholestoral, heart are in good shape I don't qualify for insurance coverage. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm at a loss.

But you should check out this site :

http://www.locateadoc.com/directory.cfm/46/IL/Chicago

Why not give Loyola a call to see if Dr. Shyani will work with you and your fills

due to the problems you've had with MIBC -

Gemini62 - posted this in the Illinois chat room -

Loyola in Maywood has one of the best in the country, Dr Shyani trained all the doctors in this area, they brought him here to teach and train the new doctors. I had my band done 3 years ago and have lost 220+ He is really a great doctor, I have called him any whre in the world, day or night. He emails me, calls and folloes up on me still to this date! He also trained with Bio Genectics, which was the compnay from Sweden that vreated the band for all of US! :(

<!-- / message -->

I used Dr. Rantis. He is in Arlington Hts and Elk Grove out of Alexian Brother hosptial. I love him and the hosptial is rated great for this procedure. They also have a great safety record.

Isn't Dr Pleatman in the Chicago area???

Good to see you Chatrooper. Glad you are ready to give it another go. I'm certain you will do well with the right doc.

Hey Lynn!! Did you appeal?

No need to apologize! I ommited his name from everything, as I didn't want to be accused of "slandering" him or his office.... as my mother would say "Don't burn your bridges..." lol

Horgan was my doc.... I liked him but i havent really seen him since the proceedure. Ive had alright success. Why dint it work for you?

Kim

Welcome back Lisa - sorry cant help out in the Doc area, but I can add - dont you dare settle for less than the best treatment girl!!

I really don't want to go into too much detail as to what happened... if you're interested, check out my old postings... I deleted a few, but I know one or two are still up.

I had one problem which landed me in the hospital, but I don't want to go into details. Aside from that, there is just a huge lack of information and communication. I made TONS of changes, and my band never worked for me. I think I have a leak (caused by one of his assistants sticking me with the fill needle for 20 minutes straight, & he broke 3 needles on me), but he refused to check for one.

I would be willing to stick with him if the communication was there, but it isn't. Any time I try to talk to him, he doesn't answer my questions... instead he tries to flip things around and lecture me about things that I'm not even doing, rather than just giving me an answer to my questions. Whenever my mom comes with and tries to ask any questions, he talks down to her.

My mom called to talk to the nurse about our problems, and he wrote false things in my file, probably trying to cover his ass just in case I try to take legal action. For instance, he claims in my file that I stated I eat Peanut Butter on a daily basis... wtf!?

They seemed so nice at the Wish center and I really wish I would have gone through them in the first place. For one reason or another we didn't... I've tried calling them to see if I can be taken on as one of their fill patients, and unfortunately they said they won't accept anyone with a Van Guard band =(