Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Loser Fall 09

Shay and Daniel better be worth sitting through this..haha

I was hoping that Liz would go home I dislike her more each week. I cried when Shay weighed and lost the 17 lbs and broke the record then to get sent home I could not believe it. I just hope that she can keep it up and continue on her journey as we continue on ours.

Ding, dong, the Orange team is gone....Jillian will blow a gasket next 'week'.

Oh, and I think the producers and contestants have no concept of basic math. "Fastest to 100 lbs"? Well, when you start at dang near 500 lbs, then yeah, you're going to lose some of the weight quick.

I still think this whole show & the yellow line should be based on total % loss since the beginning.

It was interesting that the young/old alliances finally showed on TV -- there's been discussion of those ties in other forums for a while. Also the Daniel/Rebecca thing shows up for a moment too.

No, they didn't show Shay's new look.

Did anyone else get the feeling David and Daniel have moved pretty far apart since they're no longer eating buddies?

My overall thought on this whole season is 'meh'. No fun contestants like the Ronfather and the Tara Machine. It's all just a bunch of estrogen-overload drama queens -- including the guys.

Shay and Daniel both looked good on Leno. I believe Shay has lost approx 50 lbs and Daniel has lost approx 30 lbs since being sent home. Shay has six different trainers that concentrate on different types of exercise. She has a different one every day (I don't remember her saying now, but I would think that means she takes one day off a week). On days she works, she exercises four hours, and on her day off, she exercises six hours.

I wonder if the extra work outs the "young" team was doing in their room after hours ended up backfiring on them. I've read time and time again that proper rest is very important to weight loss too.

Speaking of the "young" team, Shay and Rudy are only one year apart in age. Shay is 30 and Rudy is 31. I would have thought she was much younger given her personality.

I'm pulling for a Rudy win. I like Allen and Danny too, in that order.

I can't believe Danny's only 39. Liz, who is 49, looks ten years older to me too. Of course, referring to herself as Grandma doesn't help. (I think the makeovers will be very dramatic for those two). I don't mind Rebecca, and I hope Liz and Amanda are the next to go. I'm so tired of Amanda talking about how she's America's choice and Bob's drooling over her. After Bob's and Jillian's side bar on how much Shay needs to stay, Bob added that Amanda needed to stay too. I can see that Shay needs the support, but Amanda more than some of the others? Bob is under some kind of Amanda spell.

Edited by kiz

I did like Rudy - however, I was disappointed in him last night when he voted Shay off. I know its "a game", however, when you come in weighing over 400lbs, YOU DO NEED IT! So I think she needed to stay. Amanda is really a bigger threat with her physical abilities. She might not have as much to lose, but she can be a threat during their challenges.

I didn't record Leno, but heard about it.

Speaking of the younger team working out at night in secret, studies show that if you don't get your zzzz's, that weightloss will be hampered, so it could have affected them.

Yep, I miss my Tara! She was the bomb last season, even though she didn't win, she was a go-getter.

There is way too much crying this season! Too much "poor me" "pittiful me" and "I have been wronged my whole life".

They all have sad stories but at some time you have to suck it up and say, "yes, I was dealt a bad hand, but now I'm going to change my future".

Abby seems to being doing good - from what I saw of her after she got kicked off. Her story really was one that if I were in her shoes, I would have a hard time dealing with. So to see her come as far as she has, I've got to hand it to her.

I also think Daniel for only being 19 is a real mature guy. He has come so far and is determined to go even further. Boy, his friend that was his partner last season sure did turn out to have NO AMBITION. He looked bigger than he did when he started biggest loser last season. He claims he is "healthy", but there is no way you can be healthy for long weighing that much. Eventually it will catch up to you.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

I was really sad to see Shay go and was specially disappointed with Rudy. I believe he voted her off because she was a bigger threat. Amanda should have gone. She has really not done well this season.

I taped the show, and thought that the DVR cut off the ending by not showing Shay's transformation. So I went online, and was able to see it on hulu.com

She is down to 238 lbs & seems to have such a new great attitude.

I was sad to see Shay go too - but I am glad the contestants are worried about themselves staying! I think it is crazy to sacrifice yourself on a TV show that you go on for YOU to lose weight and a chance at money! I know if I or my spouse sacrificed for someone they had only known for a few weeks - I would be more than pissed! Its a game they should all want to win and for the weight loss - they should all feel worthy of staying and fight to stay. IMHO :-)

I agree with you Wendy.

One remedy could be that rather than put it on the contestants to pick the most needy participant to stay regardless as to whether they pose a threat or not, they could allow the ones who were voted out to stay for the instruction but to be out of the running for the money.

I guess I'm the minority, Wasn't so sad to see Shay go. She has a rough past but where I came from growing up that's almost everyone I knows past. Not that I don't feel for her. I just don't think hers is any rougher then alot of other peoples. And just because she's the biggest shouldn't mean everyone just keeps her there, This is a game, and the others want to win and have their own reasons for needing to be there, Who is to say who's need is greater.

I was really sad to see Shay go and was specially disappointed with Rudy. I believe he voted her off because she was a bigger threat..

Why disappointed? He did precisely what he should have done to Win.The.Game.

I'm sick of the "big happy family who all deserve to be here" hypocrisy from some of the contestants. You are all broken in some way (or you wouldn't have been selected) and you should be playing the game to win.

I can't believe Danny's only 39. Liz, who is 49, looks ten years older to me too.

I didn't realize that Danny is younger than me. Holy cow, the dude looks ancient. Liz even older. I would have put Danny in the mid 50s and Liz late 50s.

LOL, I lost track of this thread!

I still like the biggest loser, but this season is odd. They didn't say how much weight Shay had lost at the end. Although if that nutty women thinks she is going to loose 214 pounds by December, I think she has lost her mind! She is the one who kept saying she couldn't do it at home and it had nothing to do with money and I am the fattest one....ugh!

Tracy did look great! I think they are having a promo with several NBC shows to get more interest in this season. They players only are on the nbc shows the week they are voted off.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad Daniel got voted off. Sorry, but the guy has had more chances than anyone! I'm happy he looks so good. (he is in people magazine this week!)

I hope the old people kick it this week. I don't like Amanda and I am sorry I voted for her at the last show. How whiny can she be!

I do really like Rebecca. She has the kick butt spirit!

Some of the men this season are real crybabies....YIKES!

OK, that was my .20 worth! LOL

Last season I couldn't wait to come talk about the episodes as soon as they were over. Now it's like "Eh, I guess I should check the thread..."

I really liked Daniel, but I'm glad he got sent home. I feel like he wasn't pulling big enough numbers consistently to keep earning his second chance on the show.

I don't like Shay's personality, I got really tired of her talking about her past with her mother, because it did give the "Pity me!" cry every time. I think I identified with her though because she was so large...Amanda drives me nuts because she was never that big to begin with and was complaining about being slightly over 200 ruining her life. Try being over 300 in college and THEN tell me what it's like.

I know it's all about game play but I really wish Shay could have stayed, she has so much more weight to lose and Amanda is almost done.

I used to like Liz, now she's just annoying.

Rudy's actions during the challenge really bothered me. We all saw their little "hoop alliance"! And then to say that "Oh, I guess she thought we had this, but I never said that..." I thought that was low. Yeah, you play the game, but you don't have to be a liar to do it.

I agree about David and Daniel. They used to be best friends, now it's like they never see each other anymore. I'm VERY disappointed in David's attitude. It also kind of triggered something in me though, because I suspected for awhile that one of the reasons I'm not so gung-ho about losing weight is that I don't have any health problems yet. Keyword: YET. I'm only 25, and being overweight WILL catch up to me sooner or later. It seems like food is more important to David than losing weight is, when I think about last season. That also scares me, because sometimes I feel like that too.

How many weeks are left until the finale? Anyone know?

who got voted off? I am at work and couldnt watch it :redface: :smile2:

who got voted off? I am at work and couldnt watch it :redface: :smile2:

Rebecca. It was between her and Liz.

I finally found someone I liked and they get voted off...I was starting to root for Rebecca. I'm just tired of Liz, Rebecca was right, Liz has had a lot of chances and still isn't doing very well.

I was surprised and annoyed at the outburst between Rebecca and Rudy though after the elimination.

Rebecca looks GOOD now! Wow!