Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you doing anything for bandaversary?

I can't believe that we are almost up to a year since we had the surgery. Is anyone planning to do anything for this special occasion? How much has everyone lost? How was everyone doing?

Let me start I did the surgery Oct 6 08 and have lost 120lbs. I have no special plans as of now for that day but maybe dh and I will try to go out to eat. I have such a hard time eating so well maybe I just will make something special for supper that night. I am feeling like a totally different person I can't believe that I could feel this good. I have had some rough Patches but I can't complain when I have really lost this much weight. I hope to hear from everyone else. :sad:

Hey there! Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier. I used to Celebrate by going out to eat, so now I don't know. I was banded on Oct 29th and I plateaued for two months, but just got a fill and I am losing again!!!

I thought about getting myself an old fashion nurses uniform for my bandiversary and wearing it to work at the hosptial for Halloween. (Not too sexy, nothing see through! :thumbup:) I was thinking more stockings and heels with a white dress uniform and a cap.

I can't believe it is coming up already!

My bandaversary is October 14th. I plan to Celebrate by having a new picture taken for my business cards. Surely that involves getting a new business attire and having my hair done. It's time to show off the new me.

I am beginning to learn how to eat out a little easier. When I was a kid mom would say "your eyes are bigger than your belly" which meant that you took more food than you could eat. That is true for me much of the time now. Ordering only sides at restaurants usually is best for me now. I actually save money and avoid littering my fridge with white boxes that eventually fill my garbage can with the food still uneaten.

I feel so much better than I did a year ago. I have more energy. My daily intake of pills is CO Q10 and Vitamins. I can and do exercise more (still not as much as I should). People are reacting to me in a more positive way possibly because I look better, have more self confidence and feel generally better about myself. Those are plenty of reasons to celebrate!

Congrats to all of us!!!!

hi all my band date is Oct 1st.......... i was doing great the 1st 6months:thumbup: ....then the winter hit and my health went down hill.... two virsues ...colds.then in march another high fever that went from strep throat to scarlet fever very quickly.....I had been telling my nurse practioner that i felt my immune system was affected but he kept saying nahhhhh......being asthmatic doesnt help but my mind is made up to try and get back on track......I want to congratulate e1 on this thread for being so successful you guys are an inspiration:thumbup::).......last visit to my surgeons office was in late june......good luck all.:thumbup:

Haven't really thought about what to do for my bandiversary. I'm still learning to Celebrate without including food, so I may just let it slip by and hope no one notices!

I still have a ways to go, but overall am happy with my progress. I think I look great in clothes, and am quickly becoming quite the shopaholic. The new-found wrinkles are getting to me somewhat, but I need to learn not to dwell on that and just keep plugging away.

Glad to get updates on everyone.

I like some of these ideas. I think getting a picture taken is a good one. I notice that I look much better in photos. I used to dread pictures and would make my daughter-in-law delete all the pictures. I have some in my electronic picture frame that's in my office and I can't believe how huge I am!

The shopping also appeals. I just went through my closet last week and have given away 4 large bags of clothes. I bought size 14 jeans and they actually seem a little loose some days. The day I buy a size 12 -- you'll hear the shouts from California.

My body is changing so much because I've been going to boot camp now for 2.5 months. I'm not focusing on the weight as much - because my whole body is slimming down and I'm building muscle.

Maybe I'll get a Tummy Tuck for my bandiversary (more like my 2nd bandiversary). I can dream, can't I?

Hey everyone...glad you found the thread. It is great to think about...

I told hubby I want a TT and Breast Lift for my 40th birthday. I just turned 35, but I figure I will get a free consultation for my 39th so it is only 4 years away. By that time I should just have my surgery paid off! YAY! My size 12 pants are getting looser. I can't wait to fit into a size 10. One of my goals is to be a size 9 in '09.

I do like the idea of pictures. I just got a head shot done, but maybe an official full body picture is in order. I would LOVE to be at goal by then, but that will really be pushing it even if I keep a good pace. I am blessed at my current weight. I keep thinking about where I was one year ago. How it felt to sit in my chair to watch TV and sit in a chair and not be able to cross my legs. I remember a year ago sitting in the bleachers and feeling like a toad on a log just sitting there with my shoulders hunched over trying not to make eye contact because I didnt' want anyone to feel like they had to talk to me. Tonight I went to my sons' football scrimmage and everyone kept commenting how good I looked, and damn it...they are right! :)

I told hubby I want a TT and Breast Lift for my 40th birthday. I just turned 35, but I figure I will get a free consultation for my 39th so it is only 4 years away. By that time I should just have my surgery paid off! YAY! My size 12 pants are getting looser. I can't wait to fit into a size 10. One of my goals is to be a size 9 in '09.

I do like the idea of pictures. I just got a head shot done, but maybe an official full body picture is in order. I would LOVE to be at goal by then, but that will really be pushing it even if I keep a good pace. I am blessed at my current weight. I keep thinking about where I was one year ago. How it felt to sit in my chair to watch TV and sit in a chair and not be able to cross my legs. I remember a year ago sitting in the bleachers and feeling like a toad on a log just sitting there with my shoulders hunched over trying not to make eye contact because I didnt' want anyone to feel like they had to talk to me. Tonight I went to my sons' football scrimmage and everyone kept commenting how good I looked, and damn it...they are right! :)

Fabulous! Great story and you look really really good!

Hey all, I was banded October 3rd 2008 and have lost 84 lbs. One my one year bandiversary I'm getting married, lol!!!

I do like the idea of pictures. I just got a head shot done, but maybe an official full body picture is in order. I would LOVE to be at goal by then, but that will really be pushing it even if I keep a good pace. I am blessed at my current weight. I keep thinking about where I was one year ago. How it felt to sit in my chair to watch TV and sit in a chair and not be able to cross my legs. I remember a year ago sitting in the bleachers and feeling like a toad on a log just sitting there with my shoulders hunched over trying not to make eye contact because I didnt' want anyone to feel like they had to talk to me. Tonight I went to my sons' football scrimmage and everyone kept commenting how good I looked, and damn it...they are right! :thumbdown:

I know!! This is so true. I'm a different person since I've lost weight - I've regained that self confidence that had soooo slipped away. I was at a function a couple weeks ago where we had to ride in some bus. The bus was over-croweded and there weren't enough seat for everyone -- so people were sitting on laps and crowding in to that last long row that's on the back of some buses. I whispered to my husband that it was the first time in years that I felt like I wasn't taking up more than "my" share of space. I was able to squeeze next to my honey and let someone else fit into the back seat. In the past I would have gotten one of those once-over looks, like "oh no, I'm not going there and be smothered by that fat person!" I feel "normal" and it's such a great feeling. Being able to shop in the regular department store departments too has been a huge boost to my self esteem. And my 14 jeans that I just bought are loosening - I'll be in a 12 soon and that hasn't happened since the 1980's!!!!! Go pumpkins:thumbup:

Hey all, I was banded October 3rd 2008 and have lost 84 lbs. One my one year bandiversary I'm getting married, lol!!!

Julie wins! I doubt anyone is going to beat that plan!

Congratulations. Should we expect to see pictures in the before-and-after thread?

Oh my gosh! That is fabulous...you know we all love to be bridesmaids for you. :thumbdown:

I haven't been banded a year yet, but I'll always remember it and will most likely be partying every year--it was New Year's Eve!

omg congratulations that is wonderful news yes i think you win.....I myself am happy to say I just recieved confirmation to go to the Oprah show and since they are taping the show in 5 days my fear was I wouldn't be able to fly coach and be comfortable but due to my weight loss i know i can fit!!!!!!! I am very excited .....

Wow! Yep! The winner for sure!

omg congratulations that is wonderful news yes i think you win.....I myself am happy to say I just recieved confirmation to go to the Oprah show and since they are taping the show in 5 days my fear was I wouldn't be able to fly coach and be comfortable but due to my weight loss i know i can fit!!!!!!! I am very excited .....

That would be awesome!I remember in April when I flew and I could walk down the aisle of the plane without turning to the side. An AMAZING accomplishment for sure!