Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need food idea to take along to the hospital please?

My 3 years old will have tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy this Thursday. He has to spent the night at the hospital too. I just want some food idea for me to take along. I am almost 4 months out and with no restriction. The food at the hospital is very limited too. They have Taco bell, McDonald, pizza hut, Subway and the Grill (homemade food).

I am planning to take Slim Fast, South Beach High Protein Bar, and Almonds.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

That is pretty poor choices at the hospital! Makes it hard to make a good choice.

Sounds like you have a good start on foods that you can take. You might bring a small cooler, and then you could have some cheese sticks or yogurt and maybe through in some fresh fruit or berries.

Good luck with your sons surgery!

I agree. A hospital should have a better food choice than this (healthy ones). Maybe I need to take 2 packs of slimfast just in case I have nothing to eat.

Thanks again for your help.

Sounds like you have some good options, but... if you must, Taco Bell has a "fresco" menu that is low fat and really tasty. Here is info:

New Fresco Menu

Subway will make a salad out of any sandwich choice too..or, just eat the meat and veggies, hold the bread! :biggrin:

I'm on the pre-op diet right now, liquid Protein..day 5.., what I would do for either of these options!! I can wait though.. the reward is much tastier!

Best of luck, hope the tonsillectomy goes well!

Any of those fast food places do have salads usually.......so you could try a salad with some chicken on top

I work in a hospital..........and nursing homes........i take my lunch most generally.

If your child is in the hosp., all floors have refridgerators and most staff are kind to let you stick a few things in the fridge if they know your circumstances.

below are some ideas though, i like the heart healthy/diabetes diet myself so will combine prot and carb at each meal/snack

also, take a cooler if you want

Peanut Butter on celery or apple

beef Jerky

cheese sticks

Protein bars

Jello snack cups or pudding cups (sugar free)

Peanut Butter on a graham cracker

taco bell has refried Beans

bring a bowl of Soup (the nurses will let you heat it up)

thats all i can think of right now, i've got a sick little one myself and him and I are both tired so heading to bed......hope your son feels better soon. You may not do great on the ole' Protein counting but you still can make wise choices as far as wtih snacking..........stick to snacking small amts and only on nutricious type food........no vending machines!

take care