Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes i am officially banded!!!!

Here is a summary of my surgery day:

Woke up about 6:30am went to the restroom and realized my cycle was starting.:drool: Oh Damn! Checked in the hospital at about 7:45 wasn't supposed to be there til 8:00. So I was just a little bit early. Did all my preregistration paperwork and paid co-pay (only $100.00). Got some blood drawn and a urine sample, guess they wanted to make sure I wasn't with child. Called by the nurse around 8:30 his name was Cary very loud and funny guy.:) Got me undress. I asked Cary if I could keep my undies on due to my cycle starting. He said the OR nurse was probably going to make me take them off. He was like we will just put some towels down. I'm like I dont think so!! Then along came Nurse Sandra to give me my IV. :angry: She didn't do to bad. Then came the anestigologist Dr. Carimichael he asked me alot of questions and told me he was going to have one of his nurses give me a cocktail and that they were going to put a tube down my throat and in my nose to control my breathing. Then in came my doctor, Dr. Marvin with his good looking tail :wub:. He asked me if I was ready and signed off on my chart. The OR nurse Brandi came in on introduced herself. I asked her about the panties and she said they usually like for you to be bare but we can pull then down. I was like yes thank you Jesus. In come Patricia, she was a very small lady with purple eyeshawdow on that matched her surgery hat. She was going to deliver the cocktail:drool:. She was like I going to give you something that's going to make you sleepy. I don't remember anything after that. Not even being wheeled out or saying good bye to my hubby. When I woke up I was in recovery. Once they moved me to my room, which was very nice. I was in and out. My nurse Albert was coming in every 15mins to check my vitals. He told me I would be there until I drinked some of my Clear liquids and walked. The chicken broth wasn't that bad. It actually had alot of flavor :hurray:. I was discharged around 6:00pm. Got home around 6:45 showered and walked around the house a bit. I have had minimal pain. Haven't had to use any of the meds yet. But believe me, I have them on stand by. I have been burping alot so I guess that's good. Trying to sip some Water every few minutes. It hasn't been bad. Luck me I have a hubby who wants to wait on me hand and foot:tt1:. But I tell him it good for me to get out the bed and go do somethings myself. So good luck to you guys who haven't been banded yet. Hope your experience is just as well as mines:thumbup:.

Thanks for the update. I am eating all this info up. (Gotta eat something!) I am so less nervous just reading everyone's posts.

I had a partial hysterectomy when I was in my 20's so I can't use the 'period' excuse to keep my undies on. But just think what the doctor feels like when he's banding a male and looks down to see 'Jim Bob and the Twins'... That would be disconcerting to say the least. Wouldn't want to be the doctor then...:)

Congratulations!!!! I'm glad to hear that everything went well. I've also been burping up a storm, I hope the gas goes away soon so I can get comfortable when laying down.

Keep us posted on your recovery.

Bikerchic,

Thanks for all the details!!! So many people are banded already this month, the time sure is passing quickly! I hope everyone stays in touch to show their progress as we all move forward.

Congratulations and enjoy the attention by hubby!

Congrats!!! I am hoping to be banded next month! Hope my experience goes as well as yours!

But just think what the doctor feels like when he's banding a male and looks down to see 'Jim Bob and the Twins'... :D

:lol: That totally cracked me up...

:lol: I was laughing through this whole post. Thank you.

I'm hoping to be banded end of September beginning of October and I was wondering what happens if it's that time of the month. Since I never know when mine is coming I can't plan on it.

I'm feeling better hearing you did so well and didn't have alot of pain yet. Keep us posted!

:D

Congrats! Its the beginning of a new life, how exciting!!

I got my period the day before surgery as well, Iit was a week early! When I go to the hspital I told the nurses and they went and got these real thin gauzy kind of boy short panties for me to wear and gave me those huge pads you wear when you have kids. I was having flashbacks, LOL!! Anyhow they let me wear them into surgery so I guess I lucked out cause I was nervous too on how they would handle it. Unless they took them off me in surgery?! That's a wierd thought, LOLOL!