Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will be BANDED August 25th....Anybody Else??

I'm going in on the 26th! Can't wait!! :biggrin:

No more nerves for me.. just excitement and ready to be moving forward.

The pre-op diet has been tough.. liquid Protein shakes for me, broth, cottage cheese or yogurt is ok too. Lots of sugar free Jello and popsicles... I'm on day 5 today. I have to make it one more week!

Good luck to everyone..:w00t:

I am scheduled aug 25th. I am feeling very sick on the pre surgery diet, I am on Optifast 5x a day. I am having severe headaches,nausea and dizzy spells. I am very fatigue! I am having second thoughts about lapband surgery because of my pre surgery diet, Has anyone else had these problems. Also to anyone who has had the band would they do it all over again? I am very nervous, and just want to make sure I made the right choice.

It looks like from all the threads I have read, most people are overwhelmingly in favor of being banded. Obviously there are those that didn't like it or failed or even worse, had complications.

Before you make the decision to get banded, you must realize, it is only a TOOL. If you aren't prepared for a lifestyle change, then it won't work for you. The pre-op and post-op diets are very tough, but hey, they should be!!!! Getting healthy and happy, and looking great shouldn't be easy after we put ourselves in this position.

I am obese, because of the poor choices I have made. I didn't help myself with my diet or lack of exercise. I failed at a lot of diets in the past, just like everybody else, but by then my habits were very poor!

Hopefully this helps!

Pars

:blink:

Good luck to everyone!! They moved me up to Monday, 8/24 and I am very excited!! The only thing I am worried about is that there will be some glitch when I get to the hospital and the surgery won't happen!

But the best news -- I thought I was going to have to self-pay but HOORAY!!!!!! - just found out that ins. approved me!!! Thank you, Oxford!!!!!

Good luck everyone. My banding date is August 26. I've been on the 2 week liquid diet since Aug 12th. It's not bad. I can't wait until I'm banded. I am so ready to start my new life.

My date is August 25th in Maine. No pre op diet for me... Im very nervous!!! Im 26 years old and I work as a nurse

My surgery date is this Monday, only 2 more days away. I wish all the other August Freedom Banders the best of luck!

:o

My surgery date is August 26th also! I am so very excited and nervous! My Dr. does not require a pre-op diet so I'm just waiting for the surgery and trying not to put anymore weight on. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom for me?

Thanks,

Nikki

Wow! I can't believe how many people are getting banded this week! I'm also getting mine on Aug 25th. I started clears yesterday & doing ok so far. I've stocked up on sugar free Jello, diet 7-up, sf popcicles, etc. Like you, I'm excited & nervous at the same time. It's scary to think where this road is going to lead me concerning other aspects in my life. Plus, dealing with my food issues. I know this is normal though. August 25th is a new birthday for me because I do see it as the day I'll be reborn into a new life & lifestyle that I've waited for & wanted for a long time. After exhausting every avenue possible to lose weight I thought long and hard before deciding on the band. I know I'm making the right decision. So....congratulations to all of us! We've got a lot to look forward to!

Melissa, call your doctor & let him/her know what's going on with you. They may have some suggestions. Some of your symptoms could even be caused by stress & anxiety of not being able to eat. Everyone I know who's been banded have told me the pre-surgery diet was the worst part. Hang in there! You have a wonderful new life ahead of you!

I just got my surgery date today. I will be banded on Friday, August 28. I am going through a surreal shock right now, realizing it will be happening in 1 week. It all began in January and I've been jumping through CIGNA's hoops for 7 months now. Months & months of doctor's visits. It's hard to believe that I have come to the finish line. WLS was always in the future--sometime down the road. Then yesterday, I got the news that I have been approved and it will be in 1 week. I'm excited but right this minute, I can't wrap my mind around it. I'm in a fog.

Hi there!!

My day is August 24th.....two days to go. Can't say that I am anxious, but the surgery and what I need to do is occupying every minute right now. Not sure that is a GOOD thing, as professionally I would encourage others to try to keep life as "normal" as possible at times like this!

Pre-op has gone exceptionally well....I started early - 3 weeks ago so am well adjusted to lack of coffee, breads and carbs.

My best to all of you.....and looking forward to "life" after banding.

Katie

Hi Melissa....perhaps you should check with your physician regarding the pre-op diet. Mine has been a breeze but did not do Optifast....did it with natural foods, cottage cheese, yogurt, leafy greens and 4 oz chicken per day with lots of Water. Just wondering if it is something in Optifast that is not agreeing with you. Five times a day sounds like a lot.

Just a thought,

Katie

My pre op diet Optifast was making me ill, its milk based and I am lactose intolerant,they still want me to take it just cut it down to 3 DAY and sugar free Jello, thats it. I am feeling better now thank goodness! I was so sick. I am still having lot hunger pains but I am drinking Water to help, can't wait to get through this phase,lol, Good luck to all:thumbup:

I will be banded on August 28th 2009. My doctor has put me on the Phase I of the South Beach diet. I have also been taking Milk Thistle to try to detox my liver so it will be easier for him to move in surgery. :thumbup:

Wishing everyone good luck on their August surgery dates !!!!

Edited by harleyandmaxx