Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a few questions about mushie/pureed stage.

ok so i start mushies/pureed on friday (wish i could start it sooner) what i plan on having is scrabled egg for Breakfast, sweet potato for lunch, and "pretend lazagna" for dinner. but i dont know what to have the next 2 weeks after that, so i can basically puree anything? vegetables? fruit? what should i avoid the most? thanks! i cant wait til i start this stage! oh, i went to the follow up today and it was his operating day so i didnt get to see him, i see him on wednesday next week, but when i got weighed it said i was 211! i GAINED 4 pounds, how?! is it cause i got my time of month or is it cause im actually having my full liquids or what??!

I wish I could start it earlier and I hope I can lose more weight by the end of the month :/

While your healing, hard as it is, you pretty much have to ignore the scale.< /p>

I'd certainly guess some of that weight is related to your cycle.

There are lots of mushie recipes here on the forum's

I enjoyed re-fried Beans with a little cheese, and greek yogurt. Heck greek yogurt is awesome any way you eat it lol.

Remember, your healing, don't be too hard on yourself! Eat the right foods, in the right amounts, add some exercise, and the weight is GOING to come off!

I have found using The Daily Plate VERY helpful during this healing period. Not only does it track all the food/drink I have in a day but it also tracks my exercise and gives me my gross and net calories for the day. Seeing that Net amount is an awesome motivator for keeping up with your exercise :blink:.

i want to try the pretend lazagna and sweet potatoes my first day

i cant wait to start exercising im going for a walk later

i never really got instructions on when to start exercising, i cant wait to start losing again, i hope i can get to my mini goal which is 185 by september 8th or the middle of september i know thats too much too lose but its only 23 more pounds to lose anywho i just cant wait to reach my final goal, i cant even picture myself smaller since i was never small hmm

but im excited! :)

and my mom is no longer a canidate for surgery, cause she is under the required BMI now but shes going to help me still and do some of the things i do

I have been on puree for a week, and so far not so bad.

I have taken a can of chicken, puree with chix broth, divide up, place in small baggies in the freezer. I have also made some instant mash potato, divide those up too. It doesnt look the best but it still has the flavor!

But now I have my first problem. A picnic this weekend and what do I eat????????

Any suggestions?:blink:

nice (:

for a picnic um how about some mashed veggies or fruit, diet snapple, and some ricotta cheese? i have no idea but you can make a thread in the nutrition section (: cant wait til i start mushies

I have been on puree for a week, and so far not so bad.

I have taken a can of chicken, puree with chix broth, divide up, place in small baggies in the freezer. I have also made some instant mash potato, divide those up too. It doesnt look the best but it still has the flavor!

But now I have my first problem. A picnic this weekend and what do I eat????????

Any suggestions?:blink:

Hi Bobbie Jean,

May I suggest that instead of using small baggies, you use ziplock or glad containers. They come in various sizes, and go from freezer to microwave.

Great for individual portions for a picnic. tuna sald can be a good choice. If you're worried about the mayo spoining, make it with balsamic vinegar & spices. A crustless quiche is also great, and will not spoil at room temperature for several hours. Applesauce, a pureed gazpacho Soup are some other ideas. Good luck.