Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl

I noticed that yours and Tracy's relationship has improved so much this past year - and after meeting her - I had such a hard time seeing that other side since she is so quite :0)

I am so happy for you - I really miss that about having a Mom - the Mom Daughter relationship..

I had trainer tonite all to myself - and I missed our talks - he made me realize that all the little stuff I am bitching about isn't really anything - Relationships are about how you deal with the other person - if you let it roll of your back - (earl's ocd ways) then its all good - if you let it freak you out then it's about you and not them..

Ya I would miss my bed - but you have a sleep # in the rv and your tv isn't small in the rv - it's not like it's a 12 inch t.v.

Have an enjoyable trip - I assume you should be here around the 25th??

Can't wait to see you walking !!!

The kids dad and I divorced 2 years before he passed. It was a very crazy relationship we had and to much explaining. Most people just don't get it. LOL Anyway I will try to sum it up best as I can and I still will not be able to get the total impact across. The phrase 'better friends than lovers' can not describe what we had. When I left him we both knew that we still and always would love one another and never be able to love anyone else that way but we just couldn't LIVE together anymore. The night of my divorce I went to his home and he comforted me because we both knew we had done the right thing. I know crazy. But its true sometimes when you love someone soooo much you have to let them go and that is what we did. And once we did we became BEST friends---I have never had a friend like he was. Someday when I get to come to one of the 7's get togethers I will explain it all. So I know how hard divorce can be because it tore me up. As my counselor said 'you have to grieve a divorce like a death and everyone grieves differently.' We still had all family holidays together at one of our places and I had even started seeing someone else and was living with them the last year Steve was alive. As a matter of fact when Steve got so sick my BF at the time and I brought Steve to our home and we BOTH took care of him. Believe me there were many people that thought we were all odd and etc but for all of us it all came natural. Steve and I had promised each other before we ever got married that if we split and divorced that was how we would do things and still raise the kids TOGETHER because we had both come from divorced parents who faught over us and knew how that made us feel and there was no way we were going to put our kids through that. We were told many times 'the way you guys are isn't normal' or 'why the hell did you get divorced'. HAHA

Anyway with this one.....no way will it be hard. It honestly has never been a marriage. I am very independent so I would never have joint ANYTHING with him. Money, loans, NOTHING. When the bills come each month for household (electric and etc) I divide them by 4 and he pays 1/4. He will NEVER be able to say he paid for anything for me or the kids. When we redecorated 2 years ago I went and borrowed the money for the furniture and I paid for it because I guess I always knew deep inside this would happen and I sure as hell wasn't splitting my stuff and have always told him that and he has agreed.

I did not want to get married. I know dumb!! I was in a bad place after the kids dad died and my BF and I had broken up and I started dating this one. After a little over a year I thought to be a good mom I needed to show my kids commitment was ok and 'make' us a family. Hubby asked and I said no many times. Then the thoughts of the kids took over and I truly did it for the kids. I cried to my friend over and over and over how I didn't want to do it and to my mom. There response was cold feet etc. The day we were leaving for Vegas I went to my moms and cried and told her 'only until the kids are 18 and then I am out. My heart was never in the marriage. I mean I loved him.....but not enough for the commitment I made.

ok so sorry......such a long story and I could go on all night.......but I won't.

Bottom line......yes my mnd is made up and BOTH my kids want this as well and no this time I am not doing something just for the kids I am doing it for myself as well.

Jackie, it sounds like you and your hubby ended as friends. That makes it hard to loose them. Not only did you loose you childrens father, you lost your best friend. That is also why you shouldn't settle for anything less.

Got some control back with eating last night. My brain is just craving food, any food and any amount. Was careful and actually measured my food for dinner and found out that I had been eating less than what I could. So maybe if I'm careful with my proportions I won't be as hungry. My goal today is to limit my Snacks.

Hopefully Courtney has a good day.

Steph, today is a new day. Spend some time cleaning, it will help organize you mind & your house...it works for me. Put on some rip roaring music and rock the house and your soul. You will have some sad days, some days that you feel guilty, so prepare for them. WHAT are you going to do when they come?

Today is just darn cold. I have to take my students outside for a lab. Phyl, can I come with you? Right now all the cold makes me want to do is sleep. I'm cold even with my jammies and a sweatshirt and a heavy blanket. This weekend I want to hibernate, but DD#3 is coming for a football game with the griz. (local college team).

Well best get it together. TTFN

Hi Ladies;

Went to town yesterday to do my MOM's nails for the wedding on Sunday. They look really nice and I'll think she'll have a good time.

Met a GF for dinner and a movie last night.. Boston pizza and Michael Moores' new documentary CAPITALISM... A Love Story... very interesting.. and thought provoking.

Came home and got into bed with my little doggies... oh they are so nice and snuggly when its cold...DH is away but slept really well !!

Back on my nighttime meds, as the week off did NOT clear up my Rash so. I guess its NOT that last medication after all...

Janet, Yeah, eating has not been the best... I am so tight... just like I was before the 7's came for the visit... happy stress I guess.., After the wedding if tummy hasn't settled down then I'm back to a slight defill... can't eat any good food... only junk goes down easily.

Phyl; April huh, that's o.k. cause it'll be late spring before we head out from here anyways. Say hello to Tracey for us. She really was a sweetie, I really enjoyed meeting her.

Jackie; Its good that you've made a decision about DH... he will probably make your next BF.

LInda; so you and me roommates next July in Washington??? How does that sound?

Karla; Thank goodness that that kid with Aspergers has YOU in their corner., I can't beleive those AH teachers got up and left with the kids parents sitting there? That is so ignorant.. Parents have probably been trying for months(years) to fight for proper education for their child....

well, I'd better get off my butt and get some work done around here..

Love to all :)

o.k. now at work, and I got ALL my bathrooms cleaned!!! Yeah... couldn't afford the cleaning lady this month... been bleeding money around here lately

Edited by peaches9

OMG what a long day! I am sooo tired. Dreary rainy weather here and makes me want to stay in bed! That and the fact that I am a night owl and don't go to bed early. LOL

Well drain tube is out and Court is driving. She went to visit friends today and one of her friends went to the gym with her. She said she is having no pain now and Dr said everything looks great!

Well all just wanted to update that tid. I am really tired. Gonna shower and relax.

Oh btw Peaches~I don't see this DH becoming my best friend. He holds grudges and will never speak to me again when this is done and over with. Good ridence!

Hey Gang..

Well I now have another producer/agent to work with.... So this morning had to meet w/him go over a new account - then rate another account so I never got time to ck in this morning..

Just gave away one kitten - my hair dresses niece - she's going to her sis's house so maybe they will come back for another one or 2 - Sheba isn't letting them nurse - I just saw her pushing one a way - they have been eating kitten chow for the last week..

They are going to hopefully a no kill shelter this weekend - and now Andrew is bugging me for another dog - his last day at work is tomorrow - so for the next 3 months he will be home - I don't want another dog.

Karla how many do you have 3 ?? You may not be eating enough and the combination of the salt - Hugs about the cold - I don't know if I could live where it was cold & snowy - I would be like Phyl - summer in those kind of places and winter here in the desert or maybe florida - cuz it's greener

I was so busy today - I didn't eat bf till 11 - lunch wasnt really hungry but still ate my veggie and pork tenderloin..

I can't say I am hungry now - cuz I came home vacummed real fast and picked up before the girl came to get the kitten- arguing with Andrew about school (he want's to go now and drive on a suspended license - hell no - he wants a dog - hell no)

The scales were good to me this morning 143 - I am still on the high side of my 5 lb limit - but it will come down some more if I keep eating well..

Candice - yep GF it's the happy stress that's causing you to be tight - just like when we came this summer.. It will be fine after all the hulla balu is over..

Jackie - my xdh and I are better friends than being married.

but not that good as you an your xdh..

Well need to ck my other thread - I haven't taken anything out for dinner - still have pork - but don't know what I want right now..

cbl

It's Friday!!! Almost through the week, and this weekend I get to sleep in!! So tired yesterday I fell asleep on the couch at 9 pm and finally woke up enough to go to bed at 9:30. Woke up to snow this morning!!! I love a good fluffy white Christmas, but before & after, no way. When I retire it is going to be somewhere that it has no snow AND doesn't get over 80 degrees. Ah to retire.

Have to say, this week was a decent one. Busy at work and naturally behind, but I think the kids learned something and that is what matters.

DD#2 and 'significant other', I should just say spouse, they have been together since 8th grade and they are 30, are here tonight. Won't see much of them, they are here for the Griz homecoming, but that is okay. I'll puppy sit for them and then hopefully get busy on some Christmas sewing. I really should do some clothes sewing. Maybe I'll just curl up and read and hand quilt. Isn't that what snow is for?

Okay Janet, how hot does it get in the summer where you are? Suppose it is miserable. I was thinking, scarey thought, I'll sell my house and become your room mate? hehhe. You'd keep me on the straight and narrow.

Go an email from my fill doc checking in on how I'm doing. The Bcomplex and amino acid shots ARE giving me more energy, but I'm still hungry. Yesterday was a good food day. Didn't even have my FF Fudge bar last night for snack. Had my normal BF, then a small bowl of bean Soup for lunch, snack was a 100 cal popcorn, dinner was some stir fried veggies and chicken with Pasta. Took a long time to chew chew chew, and all went down, even my usual troubling chicken.

Man if I close my eyes even for a long blink, I'll be snoring today. About 1/3 of each of my classes are out sick this week. Flu and strep is sweeping through our building. Next week is only a 3 day week, so I am hoping that the time off will break the cycle. I can't afford to get sick. I have mega homework to do this weekedn for my master's program and school. But I want to hibernate.

Kari, thank you so much for the box of shirts, etc. You are a sweetheart, I can't wait to wear them. Something different!!!

Phyl, check in on us during your travels.

Jackie, we are here for you. Sounds like Court is on her way to recovery!!!

Candice, has the doc ran any blood tests for the rash? Maybe it is something else besides an allergy?

I hope our Lucky 7 isn't shrinking! I hope Linda, Karri, & Steph find there way back on. I haven't been able to log into Facebook, so I don't even know what is going on with everyone.

You all have a great Friday!!

Morning everyone!! Early morning for me. Puppy had to go outside at 5am and I still can't get back to sleep.

Karla I am with you on the snow issue. Ilive in Iowa and I HATE snow. Lol. Guess I shouldn't complain since I have chosen to stay here but darn it gets cold and the winters seem longer and longer each year!

Well Ourt slept in my bed last night laying down. Can't get into hers yet because it is so low and mine is quite a bit higher. She fell asleep watching tv about 8:30 last night and has slept all night until a few minutes ago. Says she feels really rested. First all night sleep she has had.

hair appt this am then gym then chart review. Not looking forward to the last part but has to be done! My charts are in order just have to double and triple check them (OCD!) So that I know they are in tip top for our survey the end of the month.

Talked to dr about b shots. He wants to check my labs first before giving me one. I have the paperwork just haven't went to the lab. Also on my to do list today.

Well gonna try to fall back asleep for an hour (sorry Karla I know you are exhausted). TTYAL

Ok so didn't go back to bed. Sat up and made was doing some budgetting to see how much I will be able to pay for rent when I leave. I plan to wait out this school year for Austin to get finished. By then plenty in savings and able to pay my bills no problem with money left over. I am so FREAKIN excited. HAHA I know that sounds terrible but I am a total planner and I have it all figured out now.

Not a good morning - woke up this morning to my purse being stolen - yes that's right someone walked in my house last night while we were asleep and stole my purse... Gold Bracelet & $100 cash all my credit cards - cell phone and what ever else was in my purse - my back door latch is messed up and if you don't push it hard it doesn't lock -

I woke up I think at 2 a.m. to take angel out -noticed that my cigs weren't on the patio table but didn't give it much thought - well this morning when I got up at 5 - I looked and my purse wasn't on the back of the chair where I always keep it.

Called the cops - they came - took finger prints and then called cc companys cancelled cards - been to the bank closed account and got new acct #..

Waiting for alarm pple to call - I'm not leaving until my alarm is repaired - it does work local alarm - but I guess I will pay the $36 a month for 2 yrs for it to be montiored...

Lucky that we weren't hurt - lesson learned - make sure doors are always locked...

I have emailed you guys for your #'s cuz they are gone and I need them

ttyl hugs j

Been trying to find out if there are any new treatment options for my pelvic organ prolapse...doesn't appear to be. I am going to fax the surgeon at Duke that did my 3rd repair with cadavar tissue and see if they have any suggestions. Our local docs are a few years behind.

Man, one of my dog's stink...like wet dog!! It is too cold to give them a bath. Can I spray them with Febreeze? Didn't think so. We are in the high TEENS. I'm ready to move out to where it is warmer!!!! Oh to be Phyl!

Not much going on here tonight. DD#2 is coming from Idaho. All I want to do is take a hot bath and go to bed!!! Love seeing her, but just don't want to deal with company.

Janet, I am so glad you are both safe, what a scare!!! Lock and alarm!!!

I HATE COLD. I guess I should have realized that weighing 75 pounds less may require an adjustment in my winter attire. I never use to wear a coat. Now I can't get warm. How much coffee can one person drink?

Candice, good luck with the wedding!!

Been trying to find out if there are any new treatment options for my pelvic organ prolapse...doesn't appear to be. I am going to fax the surgeon at Duke that did my 3rd repair with cadavar tissue and see if they have any suggestions. Our local docs are a few years behind.

Man, one of my dog's stink...like wet dog!! It is too cold to give them a bath. Can I spray them with Febreeze? Didn't think so. We are in the high TEENS. I'm ready to move out to where it is warmer!!!! Oh to be Phyl!

Not much going on here tonight. DD#2 is coming from Idaho. All I want to do is take a hot bath and go to bed!!! Love seeing her, but just don't want to deal with company.

Janet, I am so glad you are both safe, what a scare!!! Lock and alarm!!!

I HATE COLD. I guess I should have realized that weighing 75 pounds less may require an adjustment in my winter attire. I never use to wear a coat. Now I can't get warm. How much coffee can one person drink?

Candice, good luck with the wedding!!

good job being proactive about your pelvic issues. Don't let it slide. I don't care what it costs. If you have to go bankrupt, too bad. It's not your problem. It's the system's.

I have some spray on cleaner for my cat that you don't rinse off. I don't remember what it is called but you spray it on and comb it through. It makes him smell much better. I'm not sure where I got it, but guessing petsmart or something like that. You might look next time you run to town.

For the cold issue. Good luck. I'm always cold and have been since I lost weight. I drink a LOT of hot tea in the evenings. Usually I take a shower in the mornings and a bath in the evenings and on weekends I have been known to take 2 showers and a bath. You'll adjust. Actually now I'm more used to it and feel lousy when I'm warm. Another thing I did was buy a fake fireplace for the living room so I could warm just that room if I was over warm.

Okay...running for now. I'll talk to you later.

Hello to everyone out there. Great night tonight. Got two little sweetheart angels sound asleep upstairs. Got them for the whole weekend while DD and SIL do some painting at their house.

KARLA- You got the package. Good. Do the tops fit? I sure hope so. I'm wearing my dusty rose sweater, just like the lavendar one I sent you.

JANET - Did those lowlifes wreck your door or wasn't it latched tight? Hope they catch them. HUGS

PHYL- Drive carefully. Keep safe and have a good journey.

JACKIE - Sounds like you have it all together. Good for you. Things will work out.

STEPH - saw on FB that Michael is doing good. That is great news. I put you guys on our prayer list yesterday at Mountain Movers. Looking forward to hear how he is doing.

Okay, Don't worry if you Don't hear from me this week end. I've got two little angels to entertain me and I am going to savor every moment. Have a great week-end. TTYL

OH, I FORGOT CANDICE- Have a fantastic wedding Sunday. Take lots of pictures and post them. Don't stress out. Just Chill and enjoy the day.

Phyl

I noticed that yours and Tracy's relationship has improved so much this past year - and after meeting her - I had such a hard time seeing that other side since she is so quite :0) I am so happy for you - I really miss that about having a Mom - the Mom Daughter relationship.. I had trainer tonite all to myself - and I missed our talks - he made me realize that all the little stuff I am bitching about isn't really anything - Relationships are about how you deal with the other person - if you let it roll of your back - (earl's ocd ways) then its all good - if you let it freak you out then it's about you and not them..

Ya I would miss my bed - but you have a sleep # in the rv and your tv isn't small in the rv - it's not like it's a 12 inch t.v. Have an enjoyable trip - I assume you should be here around the 25th?? Can't wait to see you walking !!!

Quick check in. No computer for a couple of days. At DD #2 today... Grandparents' Day at Thomas' pre-school, then to lunch with DD & all three kids and three old friends of mine from when we lived here in the 80's. Geez... THEY'RE getting OLD!! LOL... they are all about 10 yrs older than me, so I saw myself 10 yrs from now and took some mental notes! :thumbup:

Then... babysitting the REST of the day! A little annoyed that DD & SIL didn't think maybe they should stay home and spend the afternoon/evening with us! NO... oh, you're going to stay in the RV down here... oh, well we haven't had a chance to go to dinner and a movie in a LONG time. I don't have much patience today, so I have not appreciated being stepped on, tripped over, fell on, and everyone else gets to watch what they want to watch on TV... news for grandpa, after Charly monopolized the TV with XBox all afternoon, and then nagged me the whole time I was trying to watch Grey's Anatomy (recorded last night) because he wanted to watch Myth Busters! GRRRR!! So I guess I don't get to see Private Practice. Yes, grandma is a bit cranky tonight!

Yes, nice to have sleep number bed in the RV, too, but it's not quite the same. It's on wood platform instead of the usual sleep # box. Don't know why that should make a difference, but i seem to get shoulder aches sleeping on it and I don't at home. I'l get used to it.. just takes a few nights of tossing and turning. Plus it's been pretty cold out there! Heat is too intense if we put it on very high, so we keep it on low if at all. I think it's a cheaper model than the one at home because it's just not as comfortable. I'l tell you what is pretty neat.. I fit sideways on the couch and don't necessarly have to put the foot rest out. More comfortable than the foot rest, too.

But, we're just about done with the goodbyes, and I'm ready to be on the road in the morning. Tomorrow will be a short day because we're only going a little past Portland. Meeting my sister & BIL at outlet mall down there. Do a little shopping. Maybe they'll stick around for dinner... or maybe not. But then we'll drive down to their place the next day. Slow going the first couple of days. Monday afternoon we'll get serious for a few days. Plan to make it to DS on Thursday so we can see DGS football game Friday night. He's the QB & DIL says it's a very "physical" and not so nice team they're playing so, praying they don't hurt him!

May not get a chance to check in tomorrow... can't remember if the park we're staying in has wi-fi, but I think they do.

Oh... one more thing... Tracy finally had MRI Wed, and talked to her dr. today.. she has several clusters of dying fibroids that are causing all the pain and other problems. Dr. said pain might last 6 weeks or 6 months! So she is thinking she wants to opt for hysterectomy. Problem is, fibroids are too big to do it laproscopically, so she'd have to have an open procedure... NO FUN!!

Janet I am sooo sorry about your morning woes but thank God you and Andrew are ok. What a stressful day you've had.

Today has been a bit of a fun day. Went to get my hair done and Court called while I was there and said 'how much longer are you going to be because me and Nana (her friend) want to see you. Told her it would be a while. About 20 minutes later I get this text with Court pointing to a vehicle that had writing on the window that said "can I get ur number" Showed it to my friend (beautitian) and we laughed and I said I wonder who would write that on their window. Then I kept looking and said "OMG that is MY JEEP!" Court and her friend decorated my jeep with streamers and plastic rings and wrote with that window paint all over my jeep. HAHA I wasn't mad it was way to funny to be mad. Check the pics out on face book.

Other than that went to try shopping for shirts/tops today. I have nothing. Of course I hate the new styles and after 5 different stores I came home. Does anyone else tend to find themselves wandering to the plus size section because you like those clothes styles better? HA I even tried a large on from the plus section because I really liked it but it was a no go. So after all that time there I bought some perfume and came home. Hence no tops yet!