Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hello ladies. Long time no visit. Just though I would stop in for a minute and say hi. I have tried to go back and read, but there are about 50 pages and I really don't have the patience to sit and read it all. It seems like you all are doing very well. Karla, hugs on all the tummy issues. They don't sound like fun at all! But very happy you were able to have your surgery.

I am still struggling with restriction even though completely unfilled. Anything more solid than mush plugs me up. Jeff and I are both trying to get a little more healthy though so we are doing 4 days of liquids and then the 5 day pouch test. I'm hoping that 4 days of liquids will allow a little reprieve from the pb'ing and I'll be able to progress. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to have my band removed, but I am so stressed about that. Crazy how I would rather be pb'ing every day than lose it all together. Stupid. However, I don't know what else to do. My stress level has decreased in the last month and it still isn't any better. So, fingers crossed that getting back to basics will help me out. No matter what, I will have some sort of relief this year. I can't go on like I am. It is just too frustrating and not healthy at all.

Happy January to everyone.

Stephs !!!! So Happy to see this post !!!! You have been missed

The last 50 pages is just day to day stuff that's about it - nothing major has been going on..

OMG even totally unfilled you can't eat meat - I know one of my mentor thread girls just did the 5 day pouch test and it helpped her with her restriction - plus made her focus..

IMHO I think that we can be unfocused at time.. I know that you are still the busy bee cuz of fb :0).. Wishing you all the best on the 5 day pouch - Tofu - well just marinate it really good in something spicy so it has flavore LOL

You got a bday coming up too....

Hugs & Love Janet

Oh Candice you posted too.... Yep our girl Karla was afraid of me coming up there to kick her butt or she was really considerate and didn't want me to have to come up there and freeze off my butt LOL

I know you are having a good time - how sweet of Peter but we know he's a sweet guy ;0)

Continued Prayers for everyone not up to par...

Phyl - Back into your routine today :0)

Stephs !!!! So Happy to see this post !!!! You have been missed

The last 50 pages is just day to day stuff that's about it - nothing major has been going on..

OMG even totally unfilled you can't eat meat - I know one of my mentor thread girls just did the 5 day pouch test and it helpped her with her restriction - plus made her focus..

IMHO I think that we can be unfocused at time.. I know that you are still the busy bee cuz of fb :0).. Wishing you all the best on the 5 day pouch - Tofu - well just marinate it really good in something spicy so it has flavore LOL

You got a bday coming up too....

Hugs & Love Janet

Oh Candice you posted too.... Yep our girl Karla was afraid of me coming up there to kick her butt or she was really considerate and didn't want me to have to come up there and freeze off my butt LOL

I know you are having a good time - how sweet of Peter but we know he's a sweet guy ;0)

Continued Prayers for everyone not up to par...

Phyl - Back into your routine today :0)

Yes Janet, I have now been totally unfilled for almost a year. After I unfilled I had a scope and an upper GI. Nothing wrong, just stress was the answer. Well, with the Michael stuff that made complete sense. Now, not so sure about that. Maybe there wasn't a problem before and there is now. I just don't know. All I know is that there is no way of me eating anything more solid than oatmeal. No cheese, absolutely no solid meat, no bread, nothing. I've been living on slider foods, but trying to limit them as much as possible so I don't regain everything. I'm at 175, which is still 45 down from starting weight. Wish I was still at 150 but it is what it is. My goal for the next 12 weeks (the blue cross challenge Jeff and I are doing) is to get back down there. I'm hoping dropping those 25 pounds will help loosen my band enough to keep it. If not, I will have to give up and resign myself to having it removed. I can't live like this anymore. It's just too discouraging.

Anyways...I'm not going to be a downer. It is what it is and not a problem. Jeff has agreed to work on his weight and has set a goal of 75 pounds. That will get him down under 300 pounds. I really think if we get that far he will keep going. So, things are alright in our world. Now, back to cleaning.

Yes Janet, I have now been totally unfilled for almost a year. After I unfilled I had a scope and an upper GI. Nothing wrong, just stress was the answer. Well, with the Michael stuff that made complete sense. Now, not so sure about that. Maybe there wasn't a problem before and there is now. I just don't know. All I know is that there is no way of me eating anything more solid than oatmeal. No cheese, absolutely no solid meat, no bread, nothing. I've been living on slider foods, but trying to limit them as much as possible so I don't regain everything. I'm at 175, which is still 45 down from starting weight. Wish I was still at 150 but it is what it is. My goal for the next 12 weeks (the blue cross challenge Jeff and I are doing) is to get back down there. I'm hoping dropping those 25 pounds will help loosen my band enough to keep it. If not, I will have to give up and resign myself to having it removed. I can't live like this anymore. It's just too discouraging.

Anyways...I'm not going to be a downer. It is what it is and not a problem. Jeff has agreed to work on his weight and has set a goal of 75 pounds. That will get him down under 300 pounds. I really think if we get that far he will keep going. So, things are alright in our world. Now, back to cleaning.

You are so smart Steph - I bet that's why your band is so tight even unfilled - cuz the weight you put back on

You go girl you know you can do this - you have done it ... Yes greatfully you still aren't what you use to be, that in it self is a great accomplishment...

How are things w/Michael - did he move I saw something on FB that made me think he's not living w/you..

Andrew is out on his own - has his own apartment - he's been gone I think since July - I told him he needed to go live w/his Mom cuz he kept wanting another dog (really get rid of bella and get another big dog) I put my foot down and said no - he's been gone since July or Aug - but 11/1 he got his own apt... So I'm now an empty nester ;0) - I love it - don't have to deal w/moody Teenagers - but miss the house cleaning LOL

Karla - I have been waiting for you to post - hope you are feeling better today xoxox J

Quick post. Busy day... Water aerobics, then had to go grocery shopping... nothing here. Then to choir practice as soon as we got back. Home less than an hour and went to chili cook-off! No chance of eating too much there... 12 crock pots of chili and 160 people showed up!! Tasted about four, one styrofoam bowl of my neighbors'. Just TV and playing games tonight. Tomorrow morning have to be at Galaxy hall early... TOPS open house table at our monthly bazaar. We'll be there probably 8-10 a.m. Then maybe we'll go somewhere. Fast shopping trip today. need to go to Trader joe's for wine.

I just got off the phone with a friend in Minnesota who called to wish me a Happy New Year. He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

Good Morning Peep

Guess I'm going to have to call Karla - she hasn't posted.. Hope her computer isn't broke... Hope she's doing ok - sounded fine when I talked to her the other night..

Phyl - Loved that joke !!! Figured you were busy getting back in to your routine ;0)...

Dogs lets me sleep to 7 ;0) have a load in the wash - got the kitchen counters cleaned and dishwasher loaded - need to change sheets - wash - vacuum and dust - since Andrew got the 2nd job - I haven't had a maid ;0).

\

Candice hope you are having a great time and good weather...

Steph - how's the food going...

Linda - Come we miss you.

Happy Saturday ladies. I don't know what's up with my neck today. It hurts and is causing a headache. Enough tylenol finally and now I have a little reprieve. It's still there, but not horrible. I can stand it now. So far today I have only done shakes. I know it is day 5 but Jeff left early this morning and then with headache I didn't really feel like cooking. Now he's out on a service call but I think tonight we will have some canned tuna and cottage cheese. We get soft Protein today.

Last night, around 4pm, my stomach started churning. It sounded like it was yelling at me for starving it. Shakes weren't cutting it so tried some peanuts. Had about a 1/4 c and they went down. Didn't get stuck on them, which is a huge change (yes I can stick myself on a hand full of well chewed peanuts) so it bodes well for tonight. Jeff is loving the idea that he is going to get real food for dinner. He would have for lunch but he wasn't here.

Just took Jaimi out to gma and gpa's house for a couple of days. Jeff and I are going snowmobiling tomorrow. So, for me, it will be another shake day. I'm actually doing alright with the shakes. The first two days sucked, but finally got some low carb ones and now have had 2 days of under 15g carb per day. It has helped with the cravings. It has been hard not taking a bite of the kids' Cereal in the morning, but not too bad.

Other than that, just busy. Today I'm going to sit and read or maybe do some quilting. Talk to you later ladies.

Happy Saturday ladies. I don't know what's up with my neck today. It hurts and is causing a headache. Enough tylenol finally and now I have a little reprieve. It's still there, but not horrible. I can stand it now. So far today I have only done shakes. I know it is day 5 but Jeff left early this morning and then with headache I didn't really feel like cooking. Now he's out on a service call but I think tonight we will have some canned tuna and cottage cheese. We get soft Protein today.

Last night, around 4pm, my stomach started churning. It sounded like it was yelling at me for starving it. Shakes weren't cutting it so tried some peanuts. Had about a 1/4 c and they went down. Didn't get stuck on them, which is a huge change (yes I can stick myself on a hand full of well chewed peanuts) so it bodes well for tonight. Jeff is loving the idea that he is going to get real food for dinner. He would have for lunch but he wasn't here.

Just took Jaimi out to gma and gpa's house for a couple of days. Jeff and I are going snowmobiling tomorrow. So, for me, it will be another shake day. I'm actually doing alright with the shakes. The first two days sucked, but finally got some low carb ones and now have had 2 days of under 15g carb per day. It has helped with the cravings. It has been hard not taking a bite of the kids' cereal in the morning, but not too bad.

Other than that, just busy. Today I'm going to sit and read or maybe do some quilting. Talk to you later ladies.

So glad to see you posting again, Steph!! We missed you!!

Sorry about your neck pain and headache!

Wish we could get Karri and Linda back! I think I may call Linda.

It's been a LONG time since we've heard anything from her!

HELP!!

I am wanting to MUNCH!! Watching Seahawks game. Just had a very small bowl of pita chips w/hummus and salsa. Feeling FULL but still wanting to graze!! Good thing there are no Cookies or chocolate available!! I will sip my wine and put the munching out of my mind!

I can't hear the voices!!!

LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!

18_1_215.gif

Mom not doing so well. Every time she gets a cold it hits her very hard. And this one started with a couple of days of vomiting/diarrhea, so she was already weakened. The antibiotics are doing NOTHING, so a virus, no doubt. Worries me that she fell, and that she doesn't remember it, or why she was going in the living room in the middle of the night. Uncle doesn't know how long she was on the floor. He woke up and noticed she wasn't in bed and went looking for her.

Red Hat meeting today and we covered everything that usually takes 2 hours in 1/2 hr!! Queen is away! Love her to pieces, but she rambles on in all directions! So sad, but she is in WA for her husband's funeral. Did find out that my suspicions were correct.... more than just a stroke. After the assumed "stroke", they found a golf ball size tumor in his brain that was inoperable. That's why they moved him to a hospice facility. And he was gone 10 days later. She didn't leave until a couple of days ago and she'll be back ASAP. She says this is her "home" now. I am still having trouble dealing with the fact that he is gone. Not that we all were close friends. I just keep thinking... 3 weeks after we were decorating at the hotel for our Christmas party, and out to lunch afterward, he was dead. I was wearing my Elvis shirt that day... that we all bought when we were in Canada for our LBT 7's reunion in 2009. And he kept pointing at it and telling me... "January 8th"! Elvis' birthday... which is today., so Roger has been especially on my mind today, and I smile when I think of him saying that over and over, "January 8th"!

I guess Roger was an Elvis fan.

R.I.P. Roger, AND Elvis!!

5_5_137.gif

Well, I think I will play "Angry Birds" for a while to keep my hands busy!! LOL! Can't eat if you're pushing buttons! It is a highly addictive game.... rather ridiculous, I suppose.... The "pigs" have stolen the birds eggs, so you have to dive the birds at them to kill them and get the eggs back!! At least, I've been told that is the object! Unfortunately I have it on both my Android phone and my iTouch, so when one battery goes dead, I can start charging it and play on the other device!! Hate to admit this, but I spent most of the 8 hours in the car coming home on Thursday playing ANGRY BIRDS!! It was a beautiful day and I saw very little of the scenery!

Seahawks are holding their own. Maybe I should pay closer attention. I assumed they would lose. I have a Fantasy team in my DIL's league on NFL.com. She advised me not to pick any Seattle players for my team because they would undoubtedly lose! So I picked several New Orleans players and NO Seattle players. The ones I would have picked have already scored!!! GRRRRR! I should've remained loyal to my team! I won't listen to Kellie when I pick my team for next week!! HAHAHA!! Just called her... apparently I have to stick with my picks. I thought I change players each week.

OH.... how about this??!!! Now... I know I have a way to go on my weight loss yet, but this lady at Red Hats wanted to take a photo of all of us who showed up to show our Queen that we're holding it together while she's gone. So we're getting lined up to pose for the picture and the lady with the camera points to me and tells me, "you LITTLE ones need to get in front"!! LITTLE???? I probably haven't been called that since I was about 3 yrs old!! Short maybe, but not little!! And I'm NOT little, but it was nice that SHE thought so!! LOL! So I was DEFINITELY smiling for the picture!!

WOO HOO!!

Seahawks ahead!!

And I put Zoey on my lap... can't eat when she is there or she wants me to share!

Better than Angry Birds!

What did I ever do without my Zoey!!

First food. 1/2 c refried Beans with 100 cal pack of pepper jack cheese mixed in. Ate most of it but got really thirsty so I pushed it aside and now I have hiccups. I guess that's a good sign. Jeff had a can of fresh caught tuna that my uncle sent me with some salt and pepper and a little bit of worscheser sauce. He finished my beans. I wanted to try the tuna but I knew that I was going to have to "wet" it with miracle whip so I held off. Beans were a good start. It's pretty early in the day so we will probably have some sort of "snack" in a few hours. Maybe I'll just have another shake...we will see.

Phyl, you can't feel too bad about not choosing the Seahawks. It's been a long time since they were really good. It is an oddity that they made it to the playoffs. I'm hoping they do well, but not holding my breath.

Okay...off to watch tv. See ya later.

Janet, I'm here. I slept in and it was the first real sleep I have had in a couple of weeks. I did have some food for dinner last night and man did it taste good. Struggling a bit with the hungries, but I'm doing okay so far.

I had to hem several pairs of pants for Alexa and then decided to make a new ironing board cover for may small ironing board that I use in my quilt room. Then Alexa wanted meat pie for dinner, which takes a little preparation.

Living without coffee is not my idea of heaven. Hopefully soon the ulcer will heal and I can go back to real life.

Phyl, I'm sorry about your mom and the loss of your friend. I know that it is hard on both issues. But I do have to agree that I don't have much patience for people who really ramble on.

Steph, I'm glad you are back! AND congrats on getting to eat some real food. I know that it has been hard. We miss you, but are sure glad to hear from you. I have lost a little over 95 pounds, it just depends upon who's scale is used. My original scale says it is about 96, the docs say 94. You will always be the person who convinced me I had a chance at a new life. This weeks scare was a huge reminder of how much I am grateful for. When I was vomiting blood thinking that I was going to lose my band as soon as I entered the ER, made me realize how much I was will to fight to keep it. Find something that is going to work for you. You are on the right path.

Janet, what did you do today? Anything fun? Candice sure sounds like she is having fun.

By the way, I know you are all getting together in March, but what are we going to do in July? Candice's place? Oh, I would love to go on a cruise or something, but until I get done with my masters and get the extra pay, I won't be going anywhere too far or too expensive.

Good Evening Gang...

Steph WTG on your food - I can't do shakes 3x a day - I need savory - so the pt Soups is what I eat for dinner.. Beans & cheese sounds good - I'm having fish rice and spinach - is it what I want - not really - but it's all that's here ;0) so I'm going w/it .. Enjoy your alone time :0) have fun snowmobiling tomorrow

Phyl - Head Hunger - you should have gotten out of the house - take Zoey for a walk...

Karla - No coffee - OMG I know that's killing you ;0) - I had 1.5 around 4:30 so I wouldn't fall a sleep - Sure glad you got some real sleep and real food !!!! You will heal in no time..

Today - I stripped the bed - washed everything - but it back on the bed - vaccumed the house - mopped the floors - dusted - gave all 3 dogs bathes and brushed them - OMG that's a chore in its self.. Washed clothes - Showered and shaved legs (I don't shave often in the winter but w/clean sheets you gotta have smooth legs ;0) put on a pair of clean jammies - ate some popcorn - had some coffee - and dinner is in the oven - infact timer just went off..

Good Evening Gang...

Steph WTG on your food - I can't do shakes 3x a day - I need savory - so the pt Soups is what I eat for dinner.. Beans & cheese sounds good - I'm having fish rice and spinach - is it what I want - not really - but it's all that's here ;0) so I'm going w/it .. Enjoy your alone time :0) have fun snowmobiling tomorrow

Phyl - Head Hunger - you should have gotten out of the house - take Zoey for a walk...

Karla - No coffee - OMG I know that's killing you ;0) - I had 1.5 around 4:30 so I wouldn't fall a sleep - Sure glad you got some real sleep and real food !!!! You will heal in no time..

Today - I stripped the bed - washed everything - but it back on the bed - vaccumed the house - mopped the floors - dusted - gave all 3 dogs bathes and brushed them - OMG that's a chore in its self.. Washed clothes - Showered and shaved legs (I don't shave often in the winter but w/clean sheets you gotta have smooth legs ;0) put on a pair of clean jammies - ate some popcorn - had some coffee - and dinner is in the oven - infact timer just went off..

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE????

WHEN THE SEAHAWKS ARE PLAYING IN THE PLAYOFFS!???

NO WAY!!

And they won big time. I worked through the head hunger.... It was hard because Earl was napping! So I played games and held Zoey on my lap. Anyway, too cold and windy out here in the boonies! Neighbor brought a little Chihuahua over that is lost and wandered up on her porch and the poor little thing was shivering! It's cold out.

Good Morning Gang...

OMG Phyl you could have watched it on your iphone LOL - a 15 minute walk was doable - you have a dvr LOL... Glad your team won ;0)

Not much to report - watched shows that I recorded went to bed at 11 - up at 6:30 - Gym at 10..