Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning... Phyl I hear you on the sweets - I ate too much yesterday myself - It's cuz I never left the house

Got email from Penny she will be at work on Monday - so I'm clear for the day.. I can make it later if you want to go to Water exercise... I could go to gym myself ;0)

I gotta look for coach coupons ;0)

Yes early dinner sounds good - cuz that way I can get home early and ready for work on Tuesday..

Max's service looked really nice..

Got your email. I'll be ready at 10 a.m. And Earl will fix us dinner.< /span>

I'm home, had a great time. Did a little shopping, but not much. Mainly picked up stuff for Christmas projects. food was good, okay food was fabulous, the strawberry slushy from Sonic, not so much but I only get them when I go to Idaho. No Janet, do NOT look up the calories, I already have and it is huge. But I skipped a meal for it, and only ate 1/2 of a sandwich for lunch, and a small plate of nachos for dinner. Today, was 1 small pancake, 1/2 sandwich and a latte, so hopefully it will balance out. Plus took a brisk walk for an hour with DD & her furry. Glad to be home. But wasn't thrilled with what greeted me. My furries had tore their door down out of the wall, so I had to spend 2 hours rebuilding it. The only reason they would have done that is if Elyse wasn't not here like she promised. Right now I am not so sure I like the child. Love her yes, like not so much. I am so friggin tired of her drama and poor choices. Okay I'm just tired. Well need to go finish homework. TTFN

Glad you had a good time..... sorry about the dogs!

I'm glad you got away. Better make other arrangements for dogs next time!

Awh, how nice... loved the pictures... he must have been one heck of a nice guy!!!

Ya, you've had an emotional week, plus I think you are onto something with the stopping of that drug... estrogen right.... sounds about right... YOu are just PMS'ing Hon, that's all... you are ENTITLED:wub:

Max was a character, to say the least!! Like last year when he lost his pants in Costco! (That's when I got him the suspenders for his birthday!! LOL) And EVERYONE who shared talked about how he used to hit them with his cane! Yeah, he loved to do that! And finagle his way to be first in line at our pot lucks!!

Yeah, I may be PMSing because of dropping the Evista. UGH! I've been really down! And now I'm so frustrated because the next door neighbors are moving to a park model two streets over and they offered us their spot... beautiful free-standing awning, extended patio, etc. for $5000 and Earl says NO! GRRRR!!

Toronto was fun. WICKED was very good, but not worth the money I got scalped for the tickets... but the good news is the KIDS loved it!! We did a lot of walking, and I took them for a fancy French Restaurant dinner.... oh fabulous... I split an order of Mussels with Bryan and Megs ordered Snails... then we had TWO bottles of wine!!! and Megs and I split an order of Cassaoulette... it was really tasty, but not as good s the stuff we had in FRANCE or what I made by myself.. so I gotta get out my recipe this week and make some more of it!!! OH YUM..

I didnt' order dessert either (YEAH ME) but Megs made me a Polish-type martinni when we got home...

We went to a big shopping mall today, I bought new walking shoes for Europe and a couple of tops on sale at banana Republic... no purses :'( but I don't really need one anyways...

Bought Hubby some Xmas gifts, and a Xmas gift for Bry. so now he's done!!! I'll get something small for Meg and then she'll be done too. This weekend cost me a fortune!!! But that's o.k. they are worth it.. I love spending time with my "kids".

Janet and Phyl, have fun tomorrow with YOUR retail therapy Session!!!! ENJOY:thumbup:

Sounds like a really fun weekend!

Good Evening Gang

Candice - I must have missed the post that you were going to see Megan & Bry ;0) ... Yep your food wasn't bad and WTG on no dessert!!

Christmas shopping let's not talk about Christmas - I will be gone the week that I normally decorate and shop - Having carpets cleaned on the 23rd - grout cleaned on the 24th - so Don't know when I am going to get that done and still don't know for sure if the kids are staying home or coming

Karla - Hugs on the dog issues and DD#4 - I would be super super super super pissed off.. I think that I am going to have to kennel mine sometimes since Andrew doesn't live w/me anymore - I don't know - I guess it would be ok if all 3 were together - Debbie can come to feed the cat or my gf candy - that's not a big deal - I just don't want the dogs alone at night - that's when they are use to having me around.. Hell they sleep all day and then play when I get home..

Phyl where are you - I sent you email - I will be at your house as soon as I pickup my tickets from AAA - they open at 9 - I hope Ron is there then... When I told him Monday - I forgot that I didn't work ;0)

Well - Here's my day...

Gym - walked 2 miles on the treadmill (I still can do it) then at 10 went to Pilos - Rose our regular teacher has left and Madelina has taken over the class - Which I am so happy about - Rose (who was my boot camp teacher) taught Boot Camp Pilos - Madelina class is paliates & yoga - a nice Sunday morning workout - not bootcamp style - you work up a sweat but it's not bootcamp...

Then went got nails done (yes I went all sweaty from the gym w/no make up - hair in a bandana ;0) Then came home showered went to Marshalls & Target - got home around 3:30..

Food today - BF 1 egg -Lunch - zip as I was out and about - Dinner will be BBQ & fresh green Beans w/a little bacon & red potatoes - Snacks - popcorn & ww fudgescile

I need a black leather purse for winter ;0) - I have printed 2 coach 20% discounts for me & Phyl -

Well that's my day - just had some coffee cuz it's only 6:30 and I know I will be ready for bed at 8 - but since I don't have to get up at 5 ;0) it sounded good - had that white choc Creamer w/it..

Phyl, keep working on Earl! The spot sounds lovely. But I forgot to say congrats on the loss of your pound!!! Good job!! I remember you telling us about the pants, I laughed so hard.

Yep, I need to consider other arrangements for the furries. I really have decided I'm about fed up with the whole thing with Elyse. I have tried to give her breaks, but I am just enabling her. I just don't know what the answer is. She is easily controlled by others. But I have to remember she is an adult and is making those choices. They ARE her choices, she could make better ones if she chose, but she isn't. So I need to stop blaming others and hold her accountable. I had high hopes that the cleaning arangedment for her car insurance would work, but I am beginning to have my doubts. She had the entire weekend to clean and didn't. I just need to accept that she isn't going to keep her word, which is HER choice, not someone elses. So tonight we will be having a talk. It won't be pretty.

Candice did you visit any fabric shops this weekend? I did go to 2, but kept it pretty much under control. Bought 2 pieces, on was for a Christmas project, so technically only 1 was a splurge.

Janet & Phyl, enjoy your retail therapy. Think of me at work!!!

Good Morning Gang..

Well my furr babies let me sleep til 4:48 - which is really 5:58 (since they can't tell time) but the only problem is I went to bed around 11ish (12).. Thank God for coffee..

Karla - Yep #4 (I'm use to #'s ;0) isn't being responsible - We all want to give our kids the benefit of doubt - that normal.. We want so much for our kids. We want them to get it.. But sometimes they just don't.. It's hard I know.. I have a 39 yrs man who still wants to be a 20 yr old IMHO...

Candice - how's the voice doing...

Linda - Lurking ???

Steph - Loved the kids playing w/Jesus at church ;0)

Karri -Wishing you well even if you are mad at us..

Oh Hi, Coming home was a slap in the face. So much catching up to do. Technically, students were on a break while I was gone, but that didn't stop the emails etc. as they were trying to use the time to get caught up. I guess it's good, but keeping up with them just leaves me so tired.

Then there are the babies, who I love dearly, but it is different when they're not my own. As you know, my parenting style is different from my dil. . . Plus, I'm not 20-something anymore! Cora had a sleep-over here on Sturday evening, and she woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. She was so cute!

I'm getting a little worried. I have a lot of esophageal--almost pain--definitely discomfort. I probably should have another scope done to see if I'm working on some ulcers or something. I hate to admit it, but the only things that feel good going down are coffee with cream, ice cream, and cheese, and as we know, that is NOT GOOD! I can't drink any alcohol without almost doubling over in pain, and anything spicy isn't much better.

I've got some Sucralfate left over from the last time I was scoped. I'm going to get that refilled and see if it helps. I sure have had my share of issues with this band! I'm beginning to think more seriously about making an appt to talk about converting to RNY.

So that's my story, ladies. I've got papers that I put off grading all weekend, so I better get to it, and then get to work. Thankfully my first class on Mondays is at 11.

Oh Hi, Coming home was a slap in the face. So much catching up to do. Technically, students were on a break while I was gone, but that didn't stop the emails etc. as they were trying to use the time to get caught up. I guess it's good, but keeping up with them just leaves me so tired.

Then there are the babies, who I love dearly, but it is different when they're not my own. As you know, my parenting style is different from my dil. . . Plus, I'm not 20-something anymore! Cora had a sleep-over here on Sturday evening, and she woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. She was so cute!

I'm getting a little worried. I have a lot of esophageal--almost pain--definitely discomfort. I probably should have another scope done to see if I'm working on some ulcers or something. I hate to admit it, but the only things that feel good going down are coffee with cream, ice cream, and cheese, and as we know, that is NOT GOOD! I can't drink any alcohol without almost doubling over in pain, and anything spicy isn't much better.

I've got some Sucralfate left over from the last time I was scoped. I'm going to get that refilled and see if it helps. I sure have had my share of issues with this band! I'm beginning to think more seriously about making an appt to talk about converting to RNY.

So that's my story, ladies. I've got papers that I put off grading all weekend, so I better get to it, and then get to work. Thankfully my first class on Mondays is at 11.

Oh Linda, I don't like the sound of your throught at all.... glad you are getting it checked out.

I've been reading a lot about Gastric Sleeve Plication... it sounds like a great alternative to BAND... ck it out

Hugs Hugs Hugs Linda - Yes we know about your DIL!!!

I agree w/Candice - I would look into sleeve - Little Miss Diva just had it done - they have a sleeve site - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (VSG) Forum - Alex (lbt) started it you will find a lot of our banders there - a lot have converted

Susan - Wasa - Denise (oregondaisy) little ms diva are just a few that come to mind - but you will see a lot of pple who use to be banded and on lbt - who have converted.

If I lost my band - I would go to Mexico and get the sleeve..

food from Sunday: CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,175/515/47/119

Today, 900 so far, but I a having a snack later on for sure...

Excersise today; 20 mins on the recumbent bike, 2 miles

20 mins on the treadmill, 2 % incline at 3.4 speed over a mile but not as much as 2 miles for sure... Knee sore as hell, put ICE on it twice today... but no pain meds...

Had a 3 hour talk with a GF of mine, hadn't talked to her in 2 years... I kept emailing her, but no reply.. I wondered what was wrong?.... Her MOM was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, has been very , very sick... 2 rounds of Chemo, radiation, had an operation to take out the Pancrea, + some stomach, + gall bladder, + deodeim.... I gather just about everything that could've been touching the cancer... well, now this fall... the cancer is back - in her stomach... so More chemo... Don't think there is any hope she'll have recovery, I think its just buying her some time... Horrible story... I hate to hear of anyone suffering like that.

I am counting my lucky stars tonight... and glad that my Mom is stable!!!

If I lost my band, I'd be converting in Mexico also. I can't go back to being fat. I just hope that I don't have to think about it, at least until I have my band paid off, 3 years and 5 months more to pay.

Linda, hang in there, keep us informed. It isn't any good if you can't eat healthy food.

Phyl, what's up, are you okay. Was your retail therapy today? Janet, did you spend lots. Let us poor souls live vicariously through you!!

I to must head back to homework, but I should have time to check back later. TTFN

Good Evening Gang..

Candice - Sorry about your GF Mom - I don't know if I would go thru all that - If I was told it's terminal - I would want to enjoy my last few months on earth not being so sick from the chemo..

Yep we have a lot to be thankful for..

Karla - Yep to day was retail therapy ;0) - Didn't get a purse at Coach - nothing really grabbed me -

Got a pair of Jeans at Ralph Lauren $39 - 1 night gowns & 1 set of pj's from Hanes $42 - 2 Tops & 1 Dress from Karen Kane - they were samples - Karen Kane is Expensive even with 40% off a top is like $80 there - I got 2 tops 1 $20 - 1 $30 and the dress was $40 - Then went to the kitchen place - got some garlic dipping oil & herbs - I'm not dipping - too many calories - cuz I LOVE garlic dipping oil - at this place they have samples - I ate way too many samples ;0) - I am going to use it on my fish ;0)..

We had our Starbuck - then home - Earl had wine & cheese ready for us - then fixed us dinner - chicken - Taters - Green Beans - I am STUFFED - it was Delicious !!!! Then came home to feed my babies - that's another draw back of not having Andrew around..

Janet, it sounds like you had a grand time, plus I know that Phyl needed some girl time.

Well winter has arrived, or pretty close to it. Storm warning all afternoon and it was darn cold when I came home from work. Didn't wear a coat this morning, but sure was wishing I had one tonight. Sleeted most of the drive home. I shouldn't complain, it is November and it was a beautiful weekend.

Parent conferences Wednesday and Thursday night, so don't know how much I will be on. I'll check in when I get home, but it will be short.

Phyl, you have me worried girl, are you okay? Here is a ((hug)). Know that we love you!!

Karla - it's cold here too - in Cabazon (about 30 miles from Indio) it was cloudy windy and cold - it's about 65 right now and you know that's cold for us.. I think it's suppose to get in the 50's tonite..

I usually have some kind of wrap/coat shawl something in my trunk - but cleaned it out when we went to Vegas

Phyl's ok - She seemed like her normal self - and she did TONS of waking this time - the most she has ever dones since we have been going to the outlets ;0)

She's going to ck w/doc about uping her zoloft.. But she seemed really good to me - but again we were out and about having fun ;0) not couped up in the MH :)

Thanks Janet, she just seemed down and she hasn't felt like posting, which I understand. I just don't want to lose her!

So sorry to hear about the trouble you're having again. I agree with the others.... if I had to lose my band I'd convert to the vertical sleeve. Take care of yourself!! You can't get TOO BUSY to do that!! School... grandkids, etc... not as important as your health!

Hugs Hugs Hugs Linda - Yes we know about your DIL!!!

I agree w/Candice - I would look into sleeve - Little Miss Diva just had it done - they have a sleeve site - Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (VSG) Forum - Alex (lbt) started it you will find a lot of our banders there - a lot have converted

Susan - Wasa - Denise (oregondaisy) little ms diva are just a few that come to mind - but you will see a lot of pple who use to be banded and on lbt - who have converted.

If I lost my band - I would go to mexico and get the sleeve..

Food from Sunday: CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,175/515/47/119

Today, 900 so far, but I a having a snack later on for sure...

Excersise today; 20 mins on the recumbent bike, 2 miles

20 mins on the treadmill, 2 % incline at 3.4 speed over a mile but not as much as 2 miles for sure... Knee sore as hell, put ICE on it twice today... but no pain meds...

Had a 3 hour talk with a GF of mine, hadn't talked to her in 2 years... I kept emailing her, but no reply.. I wondered what was wrong?.... Her MOM was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, has been very , very sick... 2 rounds of Chemo, radiation, had an operation to take out the Pancrea, + some stomach, + gall bladder, + deodeim.... I gather just about everything that could've been touching the cancer... well, now this fall... the cancer is back - in her stomach... so More chemo... Don't think there is any hope she'll have recovery, I think its just buying her some time... Horrible story... I hate to hear of anyone suffering like that.

I am counting my lucky stars tonight... and glad that my Mom is stable!!!

So sorry to hear about your friend's Mom! Sounds awful! I pray my friend Jacki's chemo is working this time! She has three more sessions and then a few weeks off before 6 weeks of radiation... every day, 5 days a week... in SF.. 4 hours away, so she'll only be going home on weekends.

You're doing great on your calories and exercise!!

If I lost my band, I'd be converting in Mexico also. I can't go back to being fat. I just hope that I don't have to think about it, at least until I have my band paid off, 3 years and 5 months more to pay.

Linda, hang in there, keep us informed. It isn't any good if you can't eat healthy food.< /p>

Phyl, what's up, are you okay. Was your retail therapy today? Janet, did you spend lots. Let us poor souls live vicariously through you!!

I to must head back to homework, but I should have time to check back later. TTFN

Spending the day with Janet was very therapeutic!! Had a great time, found a few good bargains. Feeling much better. Definitely needed some "girl time", as you said!

Janet, it sounds like you had a grand time, plus I know that Phyl needed some girl time.

Well winter has arrived, or pretty close to it. Storm warning all afternoon and it was darn cold when I came home from work. Didn't wear a coat this morning, but sure was wishing I had one tonight. Sleeted most of the drive home. I shouldn't complain, it is November and it was a beautiful weekend.

Parent conferences Wednesday and Thursday night, so don't know how much I will be on. I'll check in when I get home, but it will be short.

Phyl, you have me worried girl, are you okay? Here is a ((hug)). Know that we love you!!

Appreciate your concern!! Hugs welcomed and back at you!!

Tomorrow will be a good day, too.... beading class!! We're doing another Bracelet. Should be light attendance as two neighbors are gone to Mexico. So, maybe I'll actually finish a bracelet with less people there. Quicker to pick my beads, colors, etc., quicker for her to get our supplies doled out to each of us, and she'll have more personal time to spend. Every new pattern is a different challenge. Always takes me a little while to "get it"!!

Phyl, I'm glad you are feeling better. Even in sunny California, we all can get the winter blues, or irritating DH blues. May love them, can't kill them. But it does sound like your weather is chilly and a little gloomy. I have been rebelling against pulling out the winter coat, but I don't think I have an option anymore. brrr.

Candice, also sorry about your friend's mom. But you are doing fabulously on your food choices. I know that we shouldn't think about 'banking' calories for later, but look at your good food choices now as banking for Christmas day treats. We all know that we will have a slice of dessert, so plan for it now! I never eat much for either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. None of the foods are my favorite, but Christmas Cookies and desserts...a whole other story. Are your kids coming home for the holidays?

Well best get ready for work...who ho...not!

Good Morning...

Karla - Phyl & I were talking about banking calories yesterday - I say you gotta make it work for you - I beleive in banking - if I didn't I would go way over and never have gotten to goal..

My deal w/myself during Christmas - is that I won't eat the junk that we have in the office - so that I can eat Xmas Cookies that I make w/GD's - It works for me..

Then I look at all those pple stuffing their faces - most over weight and say oh hell no..

Well time to jump in the shower - off to work I go too..

55 this morning - suppose to be mid 70's today - tonite into the 40's...

Maybe we will have a cold winter..