Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hi all! Skimmed through the last couple of weeks (only took an hour or so). So much to comment on. Phly's getting ready to move again--must mean summer's winding down?, Janet--I've been wanting to try Zumba too--Mindy does it and she loves it. But I can't even run after Cora for a day without needing a Percocet and ice pack as soon as she leaves. At least Levi's content to be rocked in the rocking chair (what a grandma I am!) I hope I can make it till next summer. Steph--keep working on the counseling--focus on the changes in yourself; you have no control over what Jeff does. It's a process. Carla--I admire your independence--and how you keep all your plates spinning! I'm glad that you can take some time and sit on your deck and just appreciate who you are and what you've done! Candice--sure wish I could do someting about the miles between us. We would have such a blast laughing at each other trying to do latin dancing! OMG. Keep trying to learn the moves so you can teach them to me next time! Put it on the agenda for next reunion: Zumba and Latin dancing led by Janet and Candice!!! (I'll need some Sangria for that!)

yeah, for sure on the Sangria!.... but we`ll all have it AFTER CLASS and when you`ve learned ALL the moves....hee,hee,hee.... its a great pain killer!!!

Me? On a little hiatus. Students are all in their clinicals now, so all I need to do is be available in case they get into trouble. One of them had a needle stick last week, so there's lots of paper work and follow up after that happens. Luke and Nicole stopped over Saturday n ight on their way home from Sarnia (Canada) where Nicole's grandma finally had knee surgery. All the kids will be around on the 8th for the triathalon, then I have to go to Minneapolis for a site visit on the 10th. Inservice is the 17th and classes start the 19th :smile: Before then I need to finish up the new curriculum and make sure everyone else has done their part. I also need to order more books and packets b/c we are adding another section again this year which means more overload for me. Not happy about that, but since this IS my last year, I'll suck it up and get through it.

Hip is definitely getting worse. I'm icing more and take Tylenol on a regular basis, with the occasional Percocet. I have the application for a temporary disability sticker which my dr said he'd sign for. I just hate the idea of needing it, so I haven't brought it in yet. As long as I stay off it, I'm fine. I know, I know--I should just have the surgery and get moving. Such a dilema. I want to get my ducks lined up at work and quit; not have to give it away only to take it back again for a semester and then retire.

So that's my update. I should be able to keep up with you guys for a few weeks. I feel like such an outsider sometimes, but I miss you!

Oh Linda, so great to have you back posting... love the stories about your kids and grandkids!!! They are soo sweet... you are blessed.... but you KNEW that eh?

Just got home from my ZUMBA class, I took my gym buddie with me Michelle... she just got home from a 3 mos. Co-op placement for her Addictions Counseling course...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba!!! Now michelle was a bit peeved as she didn`t know the steps and felt like she was falling behind.

<Well, I said to her.... hey did you look around at all the other òld ladies in there... they can`t keep up with the steps either... you just gotta keep moving, you`ll get it....

Plus, you SWEAT your ASS off.... really, when I finish I look like I am gonna have a heart attack, except for the big :drool: on my face...

I feel so SEXY doing this class... I can`t explain it... must be all the jirating hips!!! whoo-hoo.... plus I love Latin music and PETER never dances with me when we go `south` to Cuba or Mexico... so now I`ll at least have my OWN moves!!!:cursing:

had turkey roast for supper... before class, drinking crystal lite right now. went to the Grocery store after «zumba and bought lots of healthy stuff for my fridge.

Made KARLA`s chicken salad w| ff mayo AND ff sOUR CREAM.. so it should be way low in fat!!!

Plus I got 4 more cups of cooked turkey to put in a casserole in a couple of days. :wub: I love turkey:tongue:

well gotta go tally up my cals for the day....

CALORIES«CARBS«FAT«PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg687«55«22«56

Zumba class 565 cals for 50 minutes!!

Edited by peaches9
food tally

Okay ladies. Probably my last post until Sunday night. It's a crazy weekend.

I've got 2 more things until I can call it a night tonight...love you!!

Good Morning Gang..

Linda - Hugs on your hip - my uncle has a bad knee he's putting of surgery - why cuz he's afraid he'll be the 2% it doesn't work for - I know you are putting yours off for other reasons - but you may have to re-think that - you want to be able to move..

Glad you gotta see your kids - and are enjoying your grandma time...

So glad to have you back.. And no Sangria after class - it counter acts the effects of the class ;0) - Sorry to be such a downer - but we get treats once a week ;0)

Candice WTG on both food and exercise !!!! Since you are retired why don't you go w/Peter when he takes off...

Steph - Hugs on being too busy - I don't know how you do it..

Phyl where are you??

Did my yoga last nite and slept like a baby - I didn't wake up once last nigh..

I think I will be adding it to my repertoire of exercise - It's mostly about streaching - did get a little sweaty but not much - had weights at 5 - then yoga at 7:30 the only thing is that I don't get home til late 8:45 ish - Think I went to bed about 10:30 ..

Good choices today peeps - it pays off..

Peek-a-boo!! Here I am!! LOL!!! Busy day yesterday! Went to Primetimers in the morning... first time in about a month. I didn't want to miss because the last Wed. of the month the "Stampin' Up" gal comes and we make greeting cards. I love it! Just sent you one that I made, Janet. I made three yesterday. She always has a different pattern for us to do. Yesterday's was really simple and I quickly made three of them.

We took Zoey with us to church!! Everyone LOVED her. Earl was so nervous about it he kept taking her away! All the ladies wanted to hold her. One lady said, "OH!!! I've been wanting a little dog for SO long!!" Sound familiar. Guys always sit at a different table... so when we got to her hubby's table he says, "Well, I guess I'm going to be going dog shopping now!" HAHAHA!! When Zoey got all wiggly, Earl brought her crate in and put her in it. Then when we were almost ready for lunch she smelled the food and started barking.. but just an occassional little quiet bark. But he put her in the car!

When we got home, we had our scooter ride over to Surf Shack. Then we went to Target. I was politely told by the cashier that I can't bring my dog in anymore because "corporate" told them they have to enforce the "no dogs" rule because they sell some "food items"! Give me a break! I said, "that's too bad because we come in every day and I almost always buy something!" Oh, well... we have lots of other stores we haven't been kicked out of yet!

Later we walked and played ball outside until we were both tired. Couldn't rent the 4 yr old upstairs... he must have been at his dad's!! LOL! He loves the dog and it is so fun to sit outside and watch them play... rolling down the hill, chasing each other, playing with the ball! But, alas, he wasn't home.

Later in the evening, I worked on teaching Zoey how to "shake" hands! She is starting to get it.

I ended the day playing "Mah Jong" online!

Morning Ladies; O my gosh I am stiff today!! Had the ice bags on my knees last night.... while I watched season 3 of the TUDORS.... I love that show!!! Season 4 is out but I don`t think it starts until later in the FALL...

Went to my YOGA class this a.m. lots of stretching which ws good after my Zumba last night. Gosh I love that class.

Anyways, Michelle and I went today to the gym. She is so awesome and we got to taLKING on the way home.. she is an addictions counselor right!!! How appropriate for ME.. So I told her I had tried to go to a OA meeting last night after class, and it was canceleld. pissed me off... but I did nto eat over it.

Today, she says... `compulsive overeating`or binge eating or anorexia is almost always ABOUT CONTROL.!!! DING, DING,DING

So the only thing in my life that I can REALLY control is WHAT i put in my mouth.

Usually, they find that anorexics live in very controlling familys. Bulimics too... so they EAT because that is the ONLY thing they feel that they have control over... weather its eating too much or not enough.... its the same thing.

DING' DING'DING....

So what in my life is so controlling? Well, my DH for one.

Turn the lights off when you are not in the room

Wash laundry after 10 p.m. cause it saves elect.

Where a sweater instead of turning up the heat.

Make icecubes for his party instead of buying them NO'NO.'NO

How will WE spend retirement... all his hobbies get satisfied, whether or not its what ``I`: want to do. SOLD THE RV for instance

I could go on and on , but you are beginning to get the idea.

thats why I go nuts when he`s in MY kitchen, its like MY PLAC E..... he has his workshop and his music room... well its MY FUCKING KITCHEN and get the hell out...

He bought me my own computer, so I wouldn`t be junking up HIS computer area. sounds thoughtful right????

We have separate bathrooms, cause he dosnt`like my Shampoo, conditioner, razor etc in there `junking it up;

I am spewing here... finally the damn has let loose. Only wants to go to the gym if Ì` acquiese to HIS timetable... if I want to stay half hour longer because »I am doing my weightsl... then he`ll drive himself.

Today, I just hate him.... hate him,.... hate him.....:cursing:

Yoga class...455 cals. I don`t know how, but that`s what the computer at the gylm told me... so I`m taking it.:wub:

I know that when he is out, or away... my eatingis worse... its like ``I;ll show him for leaving me alone:thumbdown: which is really stupid, cause I am only hurting myself... he dosn`t wear the pounds that I eat on.... too bad.

o.k. I am back. So ladies, I need suggestions on ACTIVITIES to do when I am HUNGRY, ANGRY, LONELY, or Tired....

these are my TROUBLE times... I will post more often, quilt more often, take vacations by myself with FRIENDS, and therefore NOT feel deprived...

I think that when I feel DEPRIVED... I also get into trouble...

like, I am deprived of my best freind FOOD

I am deprived of a husband that will travel with me....

SO, I gotta look after ME and MY desires... oh my it sounds so selfish when I type it out like that and read it back.... but I gotta lose this weight for ME, I gotta get toa healthy WEIGHT for ME.... and to hell with anybody else.

My friend Michelle even asked me to go to a Meditation class with her on Monday nights, so I think I will do that too. She is so sweet... ahw crap... crying now... maybe this is my rock bottom...

Anyways, today... food is as follows...

Brekay: shake PRot.

Lunch: chicken salad , w! FF Sourcream, FF Mayonaise... so no more than 300 cals. I`ll put my SPARK PAGES up later on.

Hugs you guys, sorry about spewing... but I finally had some insights today.. so I wanted to honestly list them here in a safe, loveing place.

Where is Karla! I am worrying about you girl.

Peek-a-boo!! Here I am!! LOL!!! Busy day yesterday! Went to Primetimers in the morning... first time in about a month. I didn't want to miss because the last Wed. of the month the "Stampin' Up" gal comes and we make greeting cards. I love it! Just sent you one that I made, Janet. I made three yesterday. She always has a different pattern for us to do. Yesterday's was really simple and I quickly made three of them.

We took Zoey with us to church!! Everyone LOVED her. Earl was so nervous about it he kept taking her away! All the ladies wanted to hold her. One lady said, "OH!!! I've been wanting a little dog for SO long!!" Sound familiar. Guys always sit at a different table... so when we got to her hubby's table he says, "Well, I guess I'm going to be going dog shopping now!" HAHAHA!! When Zoey got all wiggly, Earl brought her crate in and put her in it. Then when we were almost ready for lunch she smelled the food and started barking.. but just an occassional little quiet bark. But he put her in the car!

When we got home, we had our scooter ride over to Surf Shack. Then we went to Target. I was politely told by the cashier that I can't bring my dog in anymore because "corporate" told them they have to enforce the "no dogs" rule because they sell some "food items"! Give me a break! I said, "that's too bad because we come in every day and I almost always buy something!" Oh, well... we have lots of other stores we haven't been kicked out of yet!

Later we walked and played ball outside until we were both tired. Couldn't rent the 4 yr old upstairs... he must have been at his dad's!! LOL! He loves the dog and it is so fun to sit outside and watch them play... rolling down the hill, chasing each other, playing with the ball! But, alas, he wasn't home.

Later in the evening, I worked on teaching Zoey how to "shake" hands! She is starting to get it.

I ended the day playing "Mah Jong" online!

stupid people, why on earth can't you bring your dog in.... its in a Carrier... feet don't even touch the floor... I hope you are going to write the CORP a letter and tell them you will spend your money somewhere else :rolleyes:

Great on teaching her to shake a paw... way cool... she is so darn clever isn't she..

at work now, clinic.. so far so good, I have 15 mins before my next px... so I am floggng the dog... so to speak... feel better since I vented this a.m. Hope all you gals understand... somehow, I think you will all be able to read between the line :thumbup:

Phyl - I was wondering when you would get caught taking Zoey into stores – most say seeing eye dogs only – that’s when you get a dog purse so they don’t see her.. Get a towel and cover her up at the ck out stand ;0)…

Will ck the mail ;0) since we have locked boxes – I rarely do – but will since it’s going to be the 1st and I gotta pay bills ;0(

I didn’t get any computer time last night – I think I may just have to quit fb – farming and frontier land – taking up too much time..

Candice Hugs Hugs Hugs

Sweetie – Hugs Hugs Hugs – We have discussed this control issue before – I think it’s why I over ate too..

Have you talked to him about how you feel – I thought you sold rv to get a bigger one??

Separate computers – good idea imho – so what – I think you are taking it a little too personal

Separate bathrooms – no biggie either – hell there are a lot of pple our age who have separate bedrooms – I know my parents did due to sleeping patterns – so be happy you still sleep together

Peter is neat freak – you aren’t – why should he have to adjust to your way or you to his – just let him have his own bathroom (compromises isn’t that what marriage is all about) – that doesn’t take away from you – that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you – – Hell Ralph had his bathroom and I had mine.. That didn’t bug me at all.

Kitchen – well is he cooking ??

I think you are pmsing today... So what are you saying that you don't have anything in common, that you like to do together...

Peter doesn't sound like he's too bendable - like the gym - I know I like to go early but if you wanted to stay 1/2 hr extra it's no biggie for him to wait..

Ok what to do when you are bored - cultivate those female friendships - do things w/them - Quilt - get on line vent all you want - go clean out a drawer in your bath room - go clean out your closet.. Take the dogs for a walk - Go to the gym - do you have a community college where you can take some classes.. Can you go volunteer at your mom's retirement home or local hospital.. Clean out your house of all the junk foods you have in it – take them to the local homeless shelter if you don’t want to throw them away – go talk to your shrink ..

You need a schedule – you need a plan – you need to fill your day with more than just sitting at home brewing about Peter – you gotta make your own life – I think you do need to talk to him about your feelings – but you aren’t going to change him just like he’s not going to change you.. You 2 do need to work together.

Is there any hobby that you both like that you could do together – How about a date nite for you guy – how about plan a romantic weekend and tell him – I have a surprise and you need to be here at such in such time and be prepared to be gone for 3 days..

Well I gotta get back to work – see what I can think of – You can come an visit me & Phyl in October and go to Vegas w/us !!!

Let's face it :

After Monday and Tuesday...

even the calendar says ----- W T F.

Aww Candice--Let it out hon! All the pent up anger, bitterness, even hate--just let it out. Rant and rave all you need to.

It's not fair. You feel like that little girl who can not make her own decisions--big daddy is constantly telling her what to do. I see it in Cora. She has her own mind, and lately when we try to tell her to do something (or not to) she's starting to throw herself on the floor and cry. You and I have learned not to do that. We just stuff our bitter feelings, and then try to sweeten them with food and more food. Yup, control. When "daddy-Peter" tells you what to do, you stuff the anger because you're such a "nice," or "good," or "big (in the sense of grown up)," girl now, but later we eat because we can, and it's our way of feeling autonomous. I do it with shopping too! Man, all the things I've snuck into the house after Mel's rants about the charge bill being too high! (he has no idea what it takes to feed and clothe 4 kids)

So let the feelings out. You don't have to be so nice all the time. If you can't say it to Peter, then say it to us. We love you--warts and all. You guys put up with my neglect, I will put up with what ever you want to dish out (just like I love Cora even when she acts like a 2-year-old.)

No guilt, Candice. I don't want to see you apologize here or anywhere else. You did a very healthy thing. There's probably more to come--it's OK! Tell Peter to get out his flack jacket--he still has one right?

Aww Candice--Let it out hon! All it's OK!

Tell Peter to get out his flack jacket--he still has one right?[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO - Good one Linda !!!!

Yep food is what we do for us - cuz all we do is give 24/7 365 - we work - we take care of the kids - we cook - clean - we do everything for everyone and no one does anything for us.. It's showing our self love - but when you really think about it (stuffing our faces) we are really committing sucides...

Aww Candice--Let it out hon! All it's OK!

Tell Peter to get out his flack jacket--he still has one right?[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO - Good one Linda !!!!

Yep food is what we do for us - cuz all we do is give 24/7 365 - we work - we take care of the kids - we cook - clean - we do everything for everyone and no one does anything for us.. It's showing our self love - but when you really think about it (stuffing our faces) we are really committing sucides...

You are right, whether we do it with Booze, Food & Drugs... it is suicide....

You are right, whether we do it with Booze, food & Drugs... it is suicide....

Candice - Next time you want Ice Cream - think that you are shooting heroin. Cuz that's what you are doing...

Well, got some laundry folded - Andrew's dinner done (he worked today and on his work days I fix him dinner;0) got my squash cooked (fish will wait til later) - need to put some clothes in the dryer... I am going to be off computer by 8 tonite - Need the rest..

Karla - are you home yet?? How are you doing - how was the time w/family - did you DD's go..

Phyl - so where did you take zoey today..

Steph - Hugs

Linda - Sure happy that you are posting..

cbl

Made it home last night, sister stayed the night and we had a nice time. We went out for margaritas and nachos, didn't eat Breakfast and had a bowl for lunch. Didn't eat more than 4 nachos. She really helped me put things into perspective with my parents. I have always tried to get their approval and she helped me realize I never will. We scattered dad, gave him some tobacco and a shot of whiskey. I didn't even get out of the car when we arrived without busting out crying. I really hated the whole thing. It went okay.

I am doing okay, not really closure, but it is one step toward the next. I miss him. Mom gave me some pictures of the guy that died last year. Made me cry again. So I ended up missing both of them. Makes me wonder what is in my future. I got one of dad's pistols, so I think I am going to take shooting lessons and learn how to clean it. It is a 44 magnum. Dad taught us all how to shoot before we could walk, what can I say, a Montana thing.

Candice, I am so sorry. I have no words of wisdom, I can't seem to figure out the relationship thing. I would like to find someone, someone to laugh with and work with and cry with, but that is in God's hands. I hope things work out. If you need a break, I could take a couple of days off if you wanted to escape to my house. We could unpack and organize my sewing room. I'm here if you need a shoulder.

Well, I need to finish homework and get it emailed.

Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts. By the way, I am working on being positive.

Love you all, k

Made it home last night, sister stayed the night and we had a nice time. We went out for margaritas and nachos, didn't eat breakfast and had a bowl for lunch. Didn't eat more than 4 nachos. She really helped me put things into perspective with my parents. I have always tried to get their approval and she helped me realize I never will. We scattered dad, gave him some tobacco and a shot of whiskey. I didn't even get out of the car when we arrived without busting out crying. I really hated the whole thing. It went okay.

I am doing okay, not really closure, but it is one step toward the next. I miss him. Mom gave me some pictures of the guy that died last year. Made me cry again. So I ended up missing both of them. Makes me wonder what is in my future. I got one of dad's pistols, so I think I am going to take shooting lessons and learn how to clean it. It is a 44 magnum. Dad taught us all how to shoot before we could walk, what can I say, a Montana thing.

Candice, I am so sorry. I have no words of wisdom, I can't seem to figure out the relationship thing. I would like to find someone, someone to laugh with and work with and cry with, but that is in God's hands. I hope things work out. If you need a break, I could take a couple of days off if you wanted to escape to my house. We could unpack and organize my sewing room. I'm here if you need a shoulder.

Well, I need to finish homework and get it emailed.

Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts. By the way, I am working on being positive.

Love you all, k

Karla

So glad you and Sis had a good time and talk.. Time - Time - Time - the pain does lessen - you will always miss them - you will always cry for your loss - but I can tell you - time does help - I'm the only one left from my parent's marriage - My sis (diff dads) isn't talking to me - and her health is failing..

So girl I know about loss and this is the voice of experience talking..

I am glad you are trying to be more positive - I think if you really give it a try - work on it - you will feel better..

You are a beautiful person - you have a roof over your head - pple who love you - you just have to open yourself up to it..