Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hmmmm... so you think she changed her hair color??? She's going to keep us in suspense a little longer apparently! LOL

Two POSITIVE milestones today. (1) PT, Sam the man, graduated me to 2X a week from 3X because I'm doing well. Full extension and flexion getting close to 90 degrees. (2) RN, Lee, my case manager was here... met her for the first time. DD had me call her yesterday because she felt it would help the pain if staples were out. They were scheduled to come out next Tues. But when Lee checked my records again and figured out today was the 10th post-op day she decided it would be okay to take them out today. So I've graduated to steri strips. For some reason this is making Earl very nervous. He wants me to cover it up with another dressing. And he's nervous about my pants rubbing on the incision!? It's FINE!! I'm not covering it up! It's ugly, but looking good, really!

Phyl--sorry for the dealy in responding. I think you're doing great! The pain is to be expected. No one ever appreciates it until it happens to them. I know it sucks, but you gotta deal with it and remember that it will get better. Air is good for the incision. You know to keep it clean and dry. Hang in there, hon, yo're gunna be OK! This too shall pass! Hugs and more hugs if that helps!

Come on Janet--what's up? Pics--we want pics!

Ok here you guys go... What did i have done...

Ok - since i am doing pictures here's the fur children - my babies bear - angel - sheba - and the kittens !!!!

Ok here you guys go... What did i have done...

Hmmmm..... botox??? cheeks? eyes??

Ok - since i am doing pictures here's the fur children - my babies bear - angel - sheba - and the kittens !!!!

What a lovely family!!

My gosh... kittens all look exactly alike!

Ok Gang I'm Back.....

1st Yea Karri is going to walk with Steph !!! That's Great...

Karla - Hugs - I can't beleive your mtg company is such a butt head - with all the foreclosures - I can't believe they won't work with you. $50 for late payment - that ridiculous.

What if you just send it in short - what will they do.. I would speak to a supervisor if I were you... And start crying on the phone..

and on the dog issue - see why there should be leash laws - I would have cussed them out - shot them or something - it they just thought it was funny..

You are a competent person - you are not a failure - you are doing the best you can.

I think you may be too tight - I don't know if it's the stress or not - cuz stress tightens my band up big time - but I can still usually eat -

Phyl - Yea on getting the staples out.. On my band surgery I didn't have anything covering my steri strips... How's the pain - they didn't give you liquid vicodine?? They should have - I know it's a little late in telling you this now cuz it's after 5 - but that's what you need to request... It will work faster...

I don't know what I would do if I had surgery now - cuz I don't like the vicodin - it makes me sick to my stomach and that sleep 20 minutes - wake up - nod off - wake up..

Linda - The pages don't back far enough but I remember you were in the dumps - Hugs - I know what you mean about the job... I feel the same way - but I gotta work - so I just do it. Hugs again -

Kari - I am coming to Michigan and kick your A$$ - your food is terrible !!! What is up with that !!! You have just been on a steady down hill decline lately... What in the heck is a mountain mover - all you have had is carbs carbs carbs... Girl I don't know what I am going to do with you !!!! You need some Protein - you did have a veggie !!!

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok - Well Candice is off camping by herself - can't wait to hear how that went :0)...

We had the surprise house warming at lunch today - Nancy was surprised - but my bosses suck big time - they gave her $100 and that's it..

We got off early 3 - went and took care of the headstone - it was cheaper at Ftizhenry's by $300 - Fitzhenry's has been the funeral home here in the desert for the last 50 yrs - but something happend and Forrest Lawn came and bought them out - Well it was still Fitzhenry when Michael died - but when I went to get the headstone it was Forrest Lawn - Any way did this back in June before Karri came - they call me right before I left for Canada - telling me they couldn't use the pic's I gave them - this is like just short of 2 months after I went there and paid them - so I said - give me my $$ back (cuz when Karri was here we went to the cementary to pay the fee to them and they said Fitzhenry was open again)

So anyway finally got my $$$ back - and when to Fitzhenry's and it's all taken care of and cheaper - The pple at Forrest Lawn were cold in their little uniforms - Fitzhenry's is like dealing with family...

So that's out of the way - Yes Karla my baby bro Michael died 10/13/08 - he was just 50 - he was sick with a cold/peunoma (sp) - and wouldn't go to the hospital - my step bro saw him saturday - and on monday called him got no answer just busy signal so he went over there and found him dead - cause of death enlarged heart - copd - obesity... The coronor said that he most likely had died on Sunday.. It's very sad to know that he died alone and couldn't breath..

This is what's causing the issues w/my sister - Michael - Jimmy (died in 99 @ 43) and I have the same parents - My sis is from my mom's 1st marraige - we (me & bro) inherited some $$ - sister didn't get any (not my fathers child and they had been divorced 30 yrs - he made his $$ w/my step mom)

She said that Michael had told them that he wanted Hoss (her son) to get his estate - Well there was nothing in writing - so at 1st we didn't think there was a will - so estate would have gone to me - marilyn and my 2 nephews (bro jimmy's boy since jimmy was dead) Well they (sis/bil) were in an uproar cuz the 2 nephews would get something but not their son - I said it's the law - it's cuz jimmy's dead - if marilyn was dead then her kids would get it... Well we found a will that he made in 96 when he was crazy on drugs - he left everything to charity (cancer/lung/boys & girls club) he though he was howard hughes - he thought my dad was that rich - we aren't that rich - in fact the ranches will be broke next year - still own land but - you know what that's worth now a days...

Well after we found the will and went to the attonery who wrote it - we were in the parking lot and my sister tells me we should have burned it...

Then she tells me she wants to be co-adminstrator - why I don't know she has nothing to do with the Ranches - only me and my step bro do - she tells me Michael didn't like me or trust me (my bro had a mental issue from drugs and it was a family joke that he thought I owned strip malls in Hawaii) and talked about my dad's precious $$$ (operative word my dad). So that's when I figured out it was all about the $$ - and that stuff I had heard (she was always mad that my dad didn't remember her in his will) was true - I never beleived it cuz - but come to find out it is...

She lives up north has never done crap didn't paid for carp I did it all - I bought all the food / beer soda etc for the week everyone was here - I'm the one who paid for the funeral / flowers etc - she never pulled out her ck book. Then she want's copies of the bank statements (of the estate) - so I take my time photocopy the and mail them - well that's not good enough she want's copies sent directly from the bank..

Ok so she thinks I'm stealing - So more work involved in calling the bank and setting this up..

So come to find out she get $$ for doing nothing cuz she is co-administrator - I'm the one who clean up the house - I'm the one who pays the bills and goes to the lawyers - I'm the one who went to feed the cats - I'm the one who put the house up for sale = I'm the one who had to go order the headstone and deal with all that - her son is living free in the house (well that's about to end per the lawyer and he should have never been allowed to in the 1st place - but I wasn't going to say no cuz then I would have been a bigger bitch than they think i am)

So there's the history in a nutshell - most likely more than you wanted to know - but there have been other issues from the past - my sis is a mean person she's 60 yrs old - and I am done - I'm not getting into tit for tat with her - I would never tell her what Michael said about her and her family - he wasn't always in his right head - one night he called me and told me I killed my dad & stepmom.. That he had nightmare about our bro jimmy..

So I will be glad when the estate is settled and then I am done - we haven't talked since June - she lives near my son - but when I went in July - I just didn't feel like being fake and acting - they drink alot and she's a mean drunk - so I just didn't go by and see them -

Well, enough about my family drama :sneaky:

Ok let's see if anyone notices the difference.

Hmmmm..... botox??? cheeks? eyes??

What a lovely family!!

My gosh... kittens all look exactly alike!

Nope none of those - 2 pple at work noticed - but no one else has..

Guess again !!!

Nope none of those - 2 pple at work noticed - but no one else has..Guess again !!!

I GOT IT!!

I kept looking at the pictures close up. When I just looked at them side by side in the post I got it right away!!

TEETH!!!

No more space!

Looks GREAT!

36_2_15.gif

I GOT IT!!

I kept looking at the pictures close up. When I just looked at them side by side in the post I got it right away!!

TEETH!!!

No more space!

Looks GREAT!

36_2_15.gif

Yep - You got it !!!

I'm not sure about them - they look ok if you don't see the top of them -

They are just bonded - not capped - it's reversible..

It feels funny - even chewing food/taste is different.

I have that gap my whole life (well since I got my adult teeth)

I am going to give it a while - cuz I know it's going to take time to get use to it.. I may have him drill a little out and so I just have a small/tiny gap - then maybe the top won't look so funny

Plus I have a little lisps now !!!

I think they look great Janet! It's all up to you though. If you don't like it, you don't like it.

The gap gives you character though. I like it too. I noticed right away but just got on the puter. :sneaky:

I admit, I missed it. they look great, but damn you always do. I think I hate you, but only with love.

Went to town and burned some plastic. It seems one of the few things I can eat is costco canned chicken. Picked up a few other things, and went to Ross. I don't have enough clothes to make the school week, so I burned some more plastic and got a skirt for $10 and a shirt for $10. Ahh hell, since I'm using plastic I might as well get a new bra. Actually DD#5 paid for the things at Costco, I said I'd pay her back, but she is refusing to take it. So now I at least have 4 outfits for school, if it gets cool enough I can make it for 5 days. But then I won't be able to wear my tank tops, so that drops me down to...oh who cares, at least I'm not as fat as I was, I'll take not having any clothes to wear.

DD#4 bought everyone ice cream at Cold Stone creamery. I had about 4 bites and was full. Actually, didn't really enjoy it, too rich and too guilty. Had a hamburger patty for lunch and 3 french fries. Got stuck on the hamburger. At least I can eat tilapia. Had watermelon for dinner, figured I blew the cals for the day and need to behave.

Didn't get my walk in today after all the ruckas. I'm still pissed. But at least Jordan is safe. I think I going to start carrying a spray bottle of vinegar, see how the roaming dogs like that. If Jordan had been hurt, I would have sent them the bill.

well, I guess i should take my bitchy self to the shower and then to bed.

Good Morning Gang....

Steph - Thanks - I am hyper critical so the top part sorta bugs me - but again - I am going to give it sometime - like I said it's fixable/reversible

Karla - You can hate me with love all you want !!! LOL It' a good motivator..

I love what you said "oh who cares, at least I'm not as fat as I was, I'll take not having any clothes to wear"That was a postitive... Way to go on your deals..

I have a Marshall's and a Ross is going to be opening soon right across the street from the Marshall's - so I will be in hog heaven..

Well, I forgot to turn the alarm off - so I am up early but that's ok cuz I have to hit the gym this morning.. Didn't go on Tuesday - Only Monday & Wed -

Then home to clean my house and garage - gotta get the fridge cleaned for Nancy - I don't have any plans for the 3 day weekend.. So I guess I will try and stay busy cleaning and maybe organizing pictures - even hanging some -

Gotta find something to keep my busy - so I don't eat - boredom is bad for me..

I have my xdil wedding next weekend - so Andrew needs shoes and I need to get her a gift - so I guess I will be doing a little shopping -but not much..

Well drinking coffee - paper should be here in a few - CBL

Good morning ladies. Slept in today, it was great. Hope to go for my walk WITHOUT incident. food was okay yesterday, since I didn't eat dinner, and was up late, I got hungry. Had some yogurt and Kashi. Better than what I really wanted, chocolate.< /p>

DD#3 is on her way home from Chicago. She is the one whose husband was the Navy boy and decided that he didn't want to be married anymore. She has a new job in Billings as a computer graphic designer for a sign company. She will be living with her dad and step-mom for a little while until she gets on her feet.

Today is going to be devoted to cleaning and laundry, Sunday will be school work and hopefully Monday quilting. We will see how that works.

Janet, thanks for the kind words. I just really hate feeling like I am out of control. I can live with having to sell my house if I have to. I just hope I can find a small place in town here so I can still own my house and not have far to drive to work. We will see what shakes out. I'll know more after payday.

Have a good day!

Good Morning!

I am feeling good this morning.... took two hours to fall asleep, but then I slept like a log from midnight to 8a.m. Hope I can remember which pain pills I took when because it worked. And we've cut way back on use of the ice wrap. I don't think I realized how much that was contributing to keeping me uncomfortable at times. It feels great right after I've exercised and first thing in the morning but we were using it way too much and leaving it on way too long.

Knee feels good today, too. Yesterday I think it was hurting pretty good from the trauma of staple removal. Nurse did that when she visited around noon time. I had called the day before, with my RN daughter coaching me.. because she felt that a lot of my pain was from the staples. They were planning to take them out on Tuesday, but after my call, case manager checked my records again and decided since yesterday was the 10th day, they could come out. So, with staples and dressing gone, I have steri strips only and feels so much better. Minimal pain when I woke up and it'd been 4 hours since I took a pain pill.

So I feel like I've turned another corner in this recovery and that is cause for celebration.

As for eating.... not much appetite since surgery. Last night, Earl gave me too much left over pot roast and I ate too much. So I was still uncomfortable at bedtime and had to use extra pillows to keep acid reflux at bay. But, I haven't had any snacks... only my three regular meals. No wine, of course, but still indulging in my daily latte. I rode over on my scooter to get one yesterday. It's still painful to ride the scooter. Don't tolerate having my leg down and in that position for very long. Earl would love it if I'd agree to go to Walmart or costco this weekend, but not sure I can handle the car ride or riding scooter around the store while he shops.

DGD is on her way here with DS and DGS to move in to her sorority house tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the boys, but she'll not be available. They will visit for a few hours tomorrow before heading back to CA.

Hope you are all having a nice holiday weekend. We're going to have steady rain here until Monday! Tracy & SIL are away for the weekend celebrating 22 yrs of marriage. They had a beautiful drive over the mountains yesterday, but doubt much of their celebrating will be outdoors today and tomorrow!! :)

Hmmmm... so you think she changed her hair color??? She's going to keep us in suspense a little longer apparently! LOL

Two POSITIVE milestones today. (1) PT, Sam the man, graduated me to 2X a week from 3X because I'm doing well. Full extension and flexion getting close to 90 degrees. (2) RN, Lee, my case manager was here... met her for the first time. DD had me call her yesterday because she felt it would help the pain if staples were out. They were scheduled to come out next Tues. But when Lee checked my records again and figured out today was the 10th post-op day she decided it would be okay to take them out today. So I've graduated to steri strips. For some reason this is making Earl very nervous. He wants me to cover it up with another dressing. And he's nervous about my pants rubbing on the incision!? It's FINE!! I'm not covering it up! It's ugly, but looking good, really!

Hey Phyl, yo sound like you are doing very well on the recovery train!!!! :)

Staples out, way cool... and the scar won't be so noticealbe in a couple months... and its all so worth it!!!