Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Steph...I need you to contact me ASAP!!! I'm walking it! I sent you my phone number in a Facebook message.

Just emailed you Steph's phone #s

Hi all! Just a quick check in to let you know that I'm lurking. You all sound good! Kari's back and happy--yeah! Candice is on track--and reaping the benefits--173? WOW!! Janet--what a kind hearted thing to do! So like you to think of ways to help! Step's going to enjoy her weekend which she well deserves after the crappy things that she's been going through. Karla's back at work and getting regular pay checks. I actually think the Vitamins would help, and $50 is not too much to pay. No harm in giving them a try for a month. Phyl's pain in under control, she sleeps well, and the healing has begun--great report from PT! Denise, Karri? Sorry, can't remember :biggrin: at the moment, and no time to go back and look. What busy lives we lead!

The weekend will not be relaxing. From what I hear, Tim's OK in California, so that's good. Luke and Nicole got their stuff all packed up. Andy flew to MA on Tuesday and drove the U-Haul back here--got back last night. Luke & Nicole drove through Ontario and are stopping for a family reunion in Sarnia (I think). They should be here Friday night. Then we all have a wedding (my nephew who I delivered 24 years ago) in chicago on Satruday. Then back here Sat. night to leave Sunday for Minneapolis. I've got to make reservations yet as we are comming back on Monday and back to work on Tuesday. Somewhere in there Mindy's comming home too for a different wedding here. OMG! But at least Luke and Nicole have an apartment in MN, so we don't have to keep their dog!

In any event, the only thing that is not good is my eating. No excuses--I deserve to be slapped. In spite of all the good things, I am depressed--it's just really hard to keep going. I do like my job, but I just don't want to get up every morning and have to go to work and try to cram everything else (like LBT) inbetweem.

OK, no pity party here. I need to find a hotel and then go to Andy's to see the waterfall he built today (he took the week off) and watch the last Packer pre-season game.

Love you all--my bestest friends!

Thanks Phyl...

Okay I am officially nuts. This will be a true start to my marathon training!!! I didn't run a half-marathon when I was in Dallas. I was just visiting a friend. I have been battling an injury all summer and have pretty much been prevented from running. However, my doc wants me walking so I guess this will be perfect!! I have been given clearance to run again, so I will be fine for the walk.

I do have SEVERAL half marathons planned next year over then next 20 months though.

Dec 13: White Rock Half Marathon, Dallas, TX

Mar 6: Valley of the Sun Half Marathon, Mesa, AZ

End of June: Slacker Half Marathon, Georgetown, CO

Labor Day Weekend: Pocatello Half Marathon, Pocatello, ID

Early November: St. Louis Half Marathon, St. Louis, MI

And the grand daddy of them all...The Goofy Run! Early January 2011...Disney World, Orlando, FL....Half Marathon on Saturday, FULL marathon on Sunday.

Yup...I'm CRAZY!!!

Linda....assuming you are on antidepressants, you may need an adjustment. I was on Zoloph for years, loved it, worked great and then wham, it quit. I am now on a generic version of Lexapro, working great. I up the ammount during the winter because of SAD and stress. But it is manageable. Think about it. Life is WAY too short to be down. Now comes the hard part, don't be angry, but....are you letting life control you or are you in control of your life? I know it is impossible sometimes, but you are so fabulous and what you do is so important, I want you to enjoy life. What about a full panel blood work? Could something else be out of whack? There has to be a reason that you are eating this way. We all know we compensate our lives with food. Please go check things out!

Karri, I think I am VERY jealous...you get to go to the 3-day walk. I wish....

Janet, just love you. I think you are my long lost twin!! Any German and Swedish heritage?

Steph, have fun.

Phyl, you are doing great!!!! Maybe there is some other pain med you could use?

Well I need to go for my walk that I only partially completed last night. So I'll check in later after dinner. Having papya marinated pork steak, should be good. The marinade has olive oil in it, so the cals will be higher, but I haven't had ANY added fat for a very long time, so it shouldn't make a huge impact...I hope.

Janet...so how did the procedure go?

Thanks Phyl...

Okay I am officially nuts. This will be a true start to my marathon training!!! I didn't run a half-marathon when I was in Dallas. I was just visiting a friend. I have been battling an injury all summer and have pretty much been prevented from running. However, my doc wants me walking so I guess this will be perfect!! I have been given clearance to run again, so I will be fine for the walk.

I do have SEVERAL half marathons planned next year over then next 20 months though.

Dec 13: White Rock Half Marathon, Dallas, TX

Mar 6: Valley of the Sun Half Marathon, Mesa, AZ

End of June: Slacker Half Marathon, Georgetown, CO

Labor Day Weekend: Pocatello Half Marathon, Pocatello, ID

Early November: St. Louis Half Marathon, St. Louis, MI

And the grand daddy of them all...The Goofy Run! Early January 2011...Disney World, Orlando, FL....Half Marathon on Saturday, FULL marathon on Sunday.

Yup...I'm CRAZY!!!

Is that St. Louis, missouri............or st. louis, michigan. I believe St. Louis, Michigan is nothing but a blip on the map, but if it is Michigan I think I can find the time to come cheer you on.

Thanks for all the support here, ladies. I could lie and tell you things food wise went great...........but I can't do that to you all. For bf, I had my one pop tart. lunch, ,,,,,,,,,,well, we had Mountain Movers today so lunch was a pepsi. (ouch, don't yell so loud, my ears hurt) Then we went shopping and didn't get home till almost five. Early dinner. Two ears of corn and a small scoop of potato salad. And for a snack I had some chex mix. Oh yeah, and a couple bottles of wqter. Not the greatest, but not too bad. (I think)

Phyl. - dog sounds really cute. Our neighbors have an australian shepard and he is just a sweetie. He went and knocked up a golden retriever last winter and they have one of the puppies too. Maggie is, well a puppy. what more can I say. I'm sure she'll mellow out.

Gotta go. still have lots to do before bed and it is getting late. Just don't want you all thinking i am binging if I don't check in. See you all tomorrow.

You know, I am so sick and tired of being stuck. The only thing I don't stick is Breakfast. Everyother meal is a fight. dinner is the worst. I'm sure it is because I try to eat meat, but sometimes it just seems like too much work. I can see why people gain weight with the lapband. You get tired of fighting your food. chicken, I stick, pork chop, I stick, steak it is as 50/50 proposition. Even the most tender meat...I stick. I know I'm just a grumbling. I know it is not really that big of a thing. I just get tired of having to really think about my food. But that is what helps up keep the portions under control, thinking & planning.

Kari, I still can't figure out how you can eat poptarts.

Linda, I have the Dutch as well! Anyone in your family named Carlson? or Crosmer? The Crosmer was actually von Grosmer, but the german capital G looked like a C so it ended up as Crosmer. My mother and DD#1 are into the geneology thing. But I'm not. I have a hard enough time figuring out my fathers 11 siblings, let alone the older ones.

I'm tired, I ended up pucking up my meds last night, so had to retake them. Evidently didn't puke all the sleeping meds, because now I'm groggy.

Janet, where's the pics...you are keeping us in suspense.... What did you have "puffed, depuffed, tucked, smoothed?

Good Morning!

Yeah, what happened to the chick who teased us with those comments???

It is a beautiful sunny morning here.... 65 degrees at 9 a.m. is nice. Unfortunately, I am in a really BAD mood! LOL! I had a terrible night with little sleep and a lot of pain. And I am so MAD at my smart a$$ niece who put on my FB page last night that I should be on tylenol or motrin by now! Can't wait until she has her hysterectomy in a month or so because she's one of the biggest whiners I know. She is a (fairly new) RN who thinks she knows everything. She really pissed me off. Said she had two post-op knee patients yesterday who were 2 days out and only taking darvocet every 6 hrs. Yeah, and their nerve block probably hadn't worn off yet, chick! Or maybe they still had their PCA pump!! HAHA! anyway, I can't tolerate darvocet.. too strong. My daughter (also an RN) said to tell her we know how to manage pain here in the Pacific NW. Tylenol indeed!!

Anyway... back to last night... since I found out the oxycontin will NOT be renewed I decided to use them only at night. To be frankly honest, I don't feel any relief from the damn things anyway. I think the hydrocodone is much more effective... and a side note.... seems to me that pain pills taken when there is food in my pouch takes a long time to take effect. So... I did take an oxycontin at 10:30pm, then went to bed to read for a while until I started to feel it. Well, I never did. So Earl came in, watched the news and we turned the lights out. At midnight I was still awake and hurting and could NOT get comfortable no matter what I did. So I took one hydrocodone. Slept in 20-40 minute spurts all night. Up to the BR at midnight, 2:30 a.m., and once more I think. Took one more hydrocodone at about 3:30 a.m. I think we took the ice warp off somewhere around that time and switched to small ice bag just on top of the knee. I think I was a little more comfortable after about 5 a.m., but no good sleep at all and got up at 8 a.m. because PT and nurse both scheduled to be here first thing this morning.

Okay... I'm done whining.. Linda... especially want to hear your take on how I am managing the pain. I don't think I'm a wimp... I think I'm a pretty tough broad when it comes to pain. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong... maybe too much ice wrap??? Going to ask RN and PT this morning how often I should be using it. Definitely need it after exercise sessions... I did 3X yesterday.

Oh, nice visit with youngest DD and three little grandkids yesterday. They were here pretty much all day.. they tolerated it well and so did I. Did ride my scooter down to our little playground area to watch them play but didn't last long because it hurts too much to sit with my leg down like that. So I couldn't sit at the dinner table with them either. Earl made a delicious pot roast in the crock pot which drove the neighbor nuts all day because it smelled so good!! LOL! So he took her a big bowl of it for her dinner.

Drive by post... Just to let you know I am alive and well - don't want anyone worrying...

I had to go to funeral home and talk about another headstone - then to target to get the house warming - bread (so your home will never know hunger) Salt (so that life may always have flavor) Wine (So that joy and prosperity fill your home for a lifetime) Broom ( to sweep away your troubles) .

Then I had to wrap - cook dinner - feed the dogs and I just didn't feel like getting on the computer - went to bed at 8:30...

So I will let post pic's tonite - no I am not puffy or bruised...

I doubt you all will even notice :0)... No sure I like it - but it's reversable

I gotta get back to work :0)

Phyl - you are far from a whimp !!!! I think you are a very strong woman...

Karla - German - Dutch - American Indian (Mom's side) English - Irish - French maybe some scott (Dad's side)

My Grandma on my Dad's side was born in England came here when she was 2..

Phyl, I wish I could help.

Yep Janet, you just can't tease and then not show up. Now you are making us nervous...are YOU OKAY! If we don't hear something soon we are going to sic Karri on you.

Just checking out my checkbook balance. After scrimping saving...I'm still short $150 for my house payment that's due next week. I have talked to the mortgage co. and I can defer the payment, but it must be made up in 3-4 months AND it costs $50 a month in fees. I have to live off the credit card until Sept 20. Now it is going to take me a year to pay it off. So much for living....and there is a point to this? Yep, I'm poor, stupid, and incompetent. Fifty years old and can't pay bills. I hate life, I hate everything. Now my sister and her big ass motor home is coming on Wednesday. That should make me feel really competent.

Janet, Glad you posted. Hang in there, it won't be easy to do the funeral home thing.

Now I'm totally, irrivocably pissed. Figured I'd go for a walk to work out some of the 'poor me's', about a quarter mile into the walk, some neighbor had its dog unleased in their yard. It came over and attacked Jordan, Doxi #1. After getting mauled over, Jordan jerked the leash out of my hand and booked it around the circle. Fortunately he came home. Jordan is fine, but scared, cut up my hand. One neighbor said it was the 'funniest thing they had seen'. Hey, how about grabbing the retractable leash that was bouncing behind Jordan, scaring him even more. I guess that is what type of people there are in the world. Ones who think it is funny to see a scared dog. So that ended the walk, now I guess I'll walk alone, which I hate. I'm done, I can't eat, I can do anything right. Can't even walk my dog. What is the point.

Kara--I might be your twin--both German and Sweedish grandparents! Oh, and Dutch too. Who knew?

1st Generation American on my fathers side. He came here from Germany when he was a child. Mother's side is half german too.

Drive by post... Just to let you know I am alive and well - don't want anyone worrying...

I had to go to funeral home and talk about another headstone - then to target to get the house warming - bread (so your home will never know hunger) Salt (so that life may always have flavor) Wine (So that joy and prosperity fill your home for a lifetime) Broom ( to sweep away your troubles) .

Then I had to wrap - cook dinner - feed the dogs and I just didn't feel like getting on the computer - went to bed at 8:30...

So I will let post pic's tonite - no I am not puffy or bruised...

I doubt you all will even notice :0)... No sure I like it - but it's reversable

I gotta get back to work :0)

Phyl - you are far from a whimp !!!! I think you are a very strong woman...

Karla - German - Dutch - American Indian (Mom's side) English - Irish - French maybe some scott (Dad's side)

My Grandma on my Dad's side was born in England came here when she was 2..

bet she died her hair red!!!

Karla - Pop tarts? Chew chew chew. by the time you're done chewing, they are liquid.< /span>

Phyl - HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS.