Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I am feeling really frustrated right now. I am going to schedule a fill tomorrow because I am just not losing the weight anymore. I have been battling with the same 4-5 lbs for the last two months. So I have been thinkng about what I have been doing wrong and trying to get motivated to exercise. I have been exercising but not like I should and I have my good days and bad for my diet. Like today was a very bad day. I just don't have any restriction anymore. I mean there are still things I can't eat but other things like pizza I have no problem with. So say a little prayer for me and I restart this journey tomorrow. I also think my metabolism is shot and I have hit a major plateau and if I don't get to 140 so be it but can I least get back to 160. That is the lowest weight I have been in my adult life. Any suggestions? Anybody else having this problem? I did get in a size 12 though and I am happy. Just 30 more pounds! Como on lap-band®®®®, work for me! Later!!!

HMMM Amanda you are doing so well your more than likely at a stage building muscle but your body is still probably changing shape have you measured yourself???? as I know the months the scales have only moved a little I loose inches!!! just a thought ....

I believe we should not view foods or our diet as Good Or Bad all foods are okay we just need to remember everything is good in moderation..... as for the restriction I have found that I can eat all foods with little or no problems so long as I use the chewing tecnique and remem ber to keep my portions under control... I had my last fill on the 23rd of February I'm at 6.4ml ....I don't feel hungry between meals but that's not to say I don't have days were I give into the head hunger and eat something I want rather than stick to healthy options ...hey we are only human afterall ...

Don't be impatient it will happen for all of us ...some like myself slow and steady and others it will fall off but however long it takes just keep the end goal in sight stay strong and keep up the great work :)

Dewberry

Okay I'm just gunna put this one out there to find out who knows how much their stomach now holds after being banded ?

I only ask because of what I read on this site (not just this thread)

I am curious as to what people think or know about their band.

I will try to check in again tommorrow night to see if I get any replies to this question.

Thanks Dewberry

I am feeling really frustrated right now. I am going to schedule a fill tomorrow because I am just not losing the weight anymore. I have been battling with the same 4-5 lbs for the last two months. So I have been thinkng about what I have been doing wrong and trying to get motivated to exercise. I have been exercising but not like I should and I have my good days and bad for my diet. Like today was a very bad day. I just don't have any restriction anymore. I mean there are still things I can't eat but other things like pizza I have no problem with. So say a little prayer for me and I restart this journey tomorrow. I also think my metabolism is shot and I have hit a major plateau and if I don't get to 140 so be it but can I least get back to 160. That is the lowest weight I have been in my adult life. Any suggestions? Anybody else having this problem? I did get in a size 12 though and I am happy. Just 30 more pounds! Como on lap-band®, work for me! Later!!!

Amanda, I am in exactly the same place!!! I have lost 6 pounds in the last 3 MONTHS and have been battling the 185-188 range for weeks. Something about hitting this point, I guess. I also fit into some 12s now, which is great...but I have 30 to go too!

I don't know if I should get a fill or not. I have one scheduled for next week, but I just had a fill 3 weeks ago and some days it seems good, other days...well, I can eat pizza too!

Let me know how it goes. I hope we figure it out! :thumbup:

HMMM Amanda you are doing so well your more than likely at a stage building muscle but your body is still probably changing shape have you measured yourself???? as I know the months the scales have only moved a little I loose inches!!! just a thought ....

I believe we should not view foods or our diet as Good Or Bad all foods are okay we just need to remember everything is good in moderation..... as for the restriction I have found that I can eat all foods with little or no problems so long as I use the chewing tecnique and remem ber to keep my portions under control... I had my last fill on the 23rd of February I'm at 6.4ml ....I don't feel hungry between meals but that's not to say I don't have days were I give into the head hunger and eat something I want rather than stick to healthy options ...hey we are only human afterall ...

Don't be impatient it will happen for all of us ...some like myself slow and steady and others it will fall off but however long it takes just keep the end goal in sight stay strong and keep up the great work :thumbup:

Dewberry

Thanks for the encouragment.

Amanda, I am in exactly the same place!!! I have lost 6 pounds in the last 3 MONTHS and have been battling the 185-188 range for weeks. Something about hitting this point, I guess. I also fit into some 12s now, which is great...but I have 30 to go too!

I don't know if I should get a fill or not. I have one scheduled for next week, but I just had a fill 3 weeks ago and some days it seems good, other days...well, I can eat pizza too!

Let me know how it goes. I hope we figure it out! :thumbup:

Today I started following the diet that came with my P90X program although I modified little to decrease the calories. Instead of 1800 I willbe between 1200-1500 calories. I am allowed 5 Proteins, 1 fruit, 2 veg, 1 carb, 1 fat, 2 dairy, and a snack basically. I already have a Protein Shake a day so i am going to odmit the recovery drink and bar. I also have started a food journal and planning ahead. I also eat every three hours. I have heard that so many times and with the restriction that we have it shouldn't be a problem on small meals. So hopefully this will step things up.

I am feeling really frustrated right now. I am going to schedule a fill tomorrow because I am just not losing the weight anymore. I have been battling with the same 4-5 lbs for the last two months. So I have been thinkng about what I have been doing wrong and trying to get motivated to exercise. I have been exercising but not like I should and I have my good days and bad for my diet. Like today was a very bad day. I just don't have any restriction anymore. I mean there are still things I can't eat but other things like pizza I have no problem with. So say a little prayer for me and I restart this journey tomorrow. I also think my metabolism is shot and I have hit a major plateau and if I don't get to 140 so be it but can I least get back to 160. That is the lowest weight I have been in my adult life. Any suggestions? Anybody else having this problem? I did get in a size 12 though and I am happy. Just 30 more pounds! Como on lap-band®, work for me! Later!!!

Amanda and Coloradomom - same here. I haven't been on the site for a while. I have been at 178 since March 1. I did get a small fill a week ago. I'm into a size 10 on the bottom (YAY me!!) 14 on top. I would like to lose 20-30 more but don't care cuz I don't want to lose my boobs :thumbup: PLUS I have no energy too.

Amanda and Coloradomom - same here. I haven't been on the site for a while. I have been at 178 since March 1. I did get a small fill a week ago. I'm into a size 10 on the bottom (YAY me!!) 14 on top. I would like to lose 20-30 more but don't care cuz I don't want to lose my boobs :sad: PLUS I have no energy too.

At least it's good to know that I am not the only one.:thumbup:

Ok so here is a question to those of you have gall bladder issues. I'm a little unnerved by the fact that there are two on this chain who were Sept bandsters. I had elevated liver enzymes in Jan, epstein barr active gain, MAJOR fatigue since Jan, headaches, and a bit of nausea. the last two are concerning me as I read that it can be a sign of gall bladder issues. That combined w/ the stats here has me a bit worried. I can explain the headaches too i figured they were tension related bringing on Migraines but accupuncture failed to really get rid of it and I've had one on and off for two weeks. They seem to be Migraine like but they have been lasting an aweful long time. Plus I am sooooooooooooo tired! I have seen a GP and the first test showed the liver, Epstein barr and vit D deficient; the next test showed ok on liver and EBarr but vit B12 lowish and a bit Iron deficient. HELP :ohmy: Do we think it could be gall bladder and can anything be done? I've already got an appt and not to mention i had felt like i had gallstone issues in the past screwing around w/ my liver. This time I don't have the pains and throwing up though.

Gall Bladder-

I've recovered fine from having my gall bladder removed. It took 4 incisions, and with 5 incisions from the Lap Band, that gives me 9 incisions in a year.

Prior to the pain, nausea, vomiting, chills episode, which lasted 24 hours, my only predictable symptom was a feeling of fullness for a week or so before. I did have a 24/7 Migraine for a week and a half before, and the migraine only went away after a stone passed during my pain episode, and my toxic liver was able to get cleaned out. A headache is not listed in any of the symptoms I have seen...My diagnosis was determined by ultrasound and seeing the stones in the gall bladder, and the liver function tests being 100's of times of what they should have been. The feeling of fullness, or just not hungry, helped me get out of the 180's.

Gall Bladder-

I've recovered fine from having my gall bladder removed. It took 4 incisions, and with 5 incisions from the LAP-BAND®, that gives me 9 incisions in a year.

Prior to the pain, nausea, vomiting, chills episode, which lasted 24 hours, my only predictable symptom was a feeling of fullness for a week or so before. I did have a 24/7 Migraine for a week and a half before, and the migraine only went away after a stone passed during my pain episode, and my toxic liver was able to get cleaned out. A headache is not listed in any of the symptoms I have seen...My diagnosis was determined by ultrasound and seeing the stones in the gall bladder, and the liver function tests being 100's of times of what they should have been. The feeling of fullness, or just not hungry, helped me get out of the 180's.

I have been having for 3 weeks all of the above except pain (but I am having nighttime discomfort - acid reflux suddenly since being tightened about 10 days ago) and in addition to this a fever now (it was 100 with advils now its normal); and the migraine for a month about 65% of the time sometimes w/ nausea. I have thrown up and wondered if I was just overtight. Advils have helped me bring down fever and discomfort (so maybe I'm a bit tight too but that is more recent way before the neverending migraine). My liver was elevated in Jan and 2 years ago I had the same problem and I was sure it was my gallbadder and my bile duct showed evidence of a stone having passed!

Have a doc appt on Friday w/ my GP. Hope I get answers.

hmarko, I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain and discomfort. I haven't had anything similar and I can't advise you in anyway. I know u can't wait for your appointment. I hope all is well.

AFM: Its been a while. I am down to 219. Almost 70 pounds. Feel good and look good. I am so proud of myself. A little more skin is loosening up but nothing major. My stomach isn't losing as fast as Iwant it to and I don't know what to do. i am killing myself with crunches and everthing else they say helps but it really hasn't gone down as much as I'd hope.

Everyone take care of themselves.

hmarko, I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain and discomfort. I haven't had anything similar and I can't advise you in anyway. I know u can't wait for your appointment. I hope all is well.

AFM: Its been a while. I am down to 219. Almost 70 pounds. Feel good and look good. I am so proud of myself. A little more skin is loosening up but nothing major. My stomach isn't losing as fast as Iwant it to and I don't know what to do. i am killing myself with crunches and everthing else they say helps but it really hasn't gone down as much as I'd hope.

Everyone take care of themselves.

Hey Loveslady - you are doing awesome!!!! I'm almost down 70 lbs too! My butt is sagging now that is my loose skin problem and also my inner thighs... stomach is ok I'm shocked at that!!! Arms are ok too.

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope I will feel better. I am tired of feeling like this. The fever at least tells me its not in my head and its been on and off for weeks.

so is there anything you thing we can do with the sagginess? I do weights-sometimes. My butt actually looks good.

so is there anything you thing we can do with the sagginess? I do weights-sometimes. My butt actually looks good.

I haven't figured it out yet :thumbup: I ride dressage which uses a lot of butt muscle - people tell me to walk hills but I don't think short of a butt implant that anything can be done :smile: I'm very narrow and don't have much of a butt.