Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Woke up this morning and down 2 lbs since yesterday, so that is a total of 3 lbs this week, so that is good. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Awesome! I lost 1.4 this week, close to 20 total. Slow but steady. Hope it speeds up after this fill.

My family had pizza one night this week, I ate the toppings off two slices, I really wanted to try one bite of the crust, but I am really trying to stay away from carbs and I read on someone's blog of getting the foamies after eating pizza....skeered me :(:ohmy:

Sad to say I can eat an entire slice of pizza with zero problems...the only problem is that I LOVE pizza :smile: and I really need to steer clear....But with 4 kids, I have to learn to live with it being around pretty often. If I can actually limit it to 1 slice every time that would be amazing.

Awesome! I lost 1.4 this week, close to 20 total. Slow but steady. Hope it speeds up after this fill.

That is great! I know how you feel on the restriction but we will get there. Keep up the great work!

Sad to say I can eat an entire slice of pizza with zero problems...the only problem is that I LOVE pizza :smile: and I really need to steer clear....But with 4 kids, I have to learn to live with it being around pretty often. If I can actually limit it to 1 slice every time that would be amazing.

You will probably have more problems with more restriction. I was craving it the other day. I'm sure I can eat it too. My treat was the sushi the other day :(

looks like we are all moving along on our journey very nicely. :smile:

Think I'll dream about the pizza! good Luck everyone!

Hi All,

I am glad I found this thread :frown:....

I am new to this whole thing and have been reading for hours learning lots about how each and everyone us have the same dreams and goals. We may experience lots of similarities with our journey's and can support and encourage each other along the way, I see this site is a place to get lots of support and encouragment from like minded people sharing the same experience...

I was banded on September 28th (1 week ago today) I am doing really well..... up and about walking daily 1.2km today on the treadmill, I plan to walk everyday increasing it steadily I will keep you posted on my progress and watch yours as well goodluck everyone.

The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you commit yourself to it.--Mack R. Douglas

Hi all I am not much of a poster these days but I am going to try and get better.

It is great to see that I am not alone in this journey and everyone here seems to be having the same amount of wt loss I am down 14.4 as of today .. Wed though is my official wt track day.

Right now I am frustrated because I still can't use my Realize site like I want to, Another call to dr. office today I suppose.

Is there any experts out there who can help me get my ticker going.. I can not figure it out for the life of me !!

Thanks

Think I'll dream about the pizza! good Luck everyone!

LOL and I'll dream about being able to eat the whole pizza instead of just the toppings :eek:

Hi All,

I am new to this whole thing and have been reading for hours learning lots about how each and everyone us have the same dreams and goals. We may experience lots of similarities with our journey's and can support and encourage each other along the way, I see this site is a place to get lots of support and encouragment from like minded people sharing the same experience...

I was banded on September 28th (1 week ago today) I am doing really well..... up and about walking daily 1.2km today on the treadmill, I plan to walk everyday increasing it steadily I will keep you posted on my progress and watch yours as well goodluck everyone.

The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you commit yourself to it.--Mack R. Douglas

Mack, you are already on your way with your walking, that's fantastic! Welcome to our group!

Hi all I am not much of a poster these days but I am going to try and get better.

It is great to see that I am not alone in this journey and everyone here seems to be having the same amount of wt loss I am down 14.4 as of today .. Wed though is my official wt track day.

Right now I am frustrated because I still can't use my Realize site like I want to, Another call to dr. office today I suppose.

Is there any experts out there who can help me get my ticker going.. I can not figure it out for the life of me !!

Thanks

Our lil group has been a wonderful source of information and encouragement, welcome!

Hi All,

WElcome and congratulations on your weightloss so far!

Good Morning to all the Sexy Septembers!

Mr. scale is still moving down but the losses have slowed quite a bit now that I am 3wks post op. As long as Mr.Scale is going lower I am quite happy. I have been steadily increasing my walking but I am already at 90 mins a day so I am concentrating on increasing the intensity now.

My doctor says no strength training till six weeks and I agree, last night I woke up with a little sore type pain at my port area from sleeping on my left side.

I was a left side sleeper before my banding, so I hope this will not become a port area problem.

How is everyone else doing today? Exercising? I got some some great greek yogurt ideas on a thread I started, you can read some of them here ~http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/greek-yogurt-ideas-please-103219/

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

I had my band on 9-17. I am on solid foods now and seem to be hungry about every 2-3 hours. I had lost 18 pounds and have regained 3. I seem to be able to eat quite a bit, or just about anything. ?? Hoping this will change after a fill. I had my surgery in Mexico and am not being followed up on, just kinda winging it~!

Anyone hungry two weeks post op?

Thanks--

good i'm not the only one on solids. I was banded on the 17th and can EAT!. I am forcing myself to be limited. In the morning I am fine. It seems to squeeze in the morining and I don't need to eat by lunch I am ready to eat and finally for dinner I feel like i have been let out of a cage and I 'm ready to attack the food. The good thing is I can't eat nearly as much as I used to. Even without a fill. I feel bad if I try to over eat. I hope this helps. I get filled on the 22nd. when do you?

LOL and I'll dream about being able to eat the whole pizza instead of just the toppings :)

Mack, you are already on your way with your walking, that's fantastic! Welcome to our group!

Our lil group has been a wonderful source of information and encouragement, welcome!

Nawlinzlady (Dee) thanks for your words of encouragment ...walked 1.8km today steadily increasing each day. I decided today I would walk to from my home in Victoria to Sydney 755km (on my treadmil) ...might take me a day or two LOLL but should be a lot lighter by the time I arrive.

Dewberry

PS My names not Mack that's who said the quote LOLL

I decided today I would walk to from my home in Victoria to Sydney 755km (on my treadmil) ...

What a great way of looking at it. I think I shall do that same thing, I will have to think of a great place to walk to....on the treadmil.....

Hi

It is nice to see someone in my generation having this operation. I turned 61 last week and I have been reading all the blogs from many who can be my children. Let's keep in touch. How much have you lost?