Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I have had the foam thing too. It's horrible! You try to clear your throat, or burp and you spend 5 minutes spewing bubbly stuff. gross huh

OK so at my post-op appt the doctor said I could move on to regular foods and I have been doing good, until tonight. I was eating some chicken that I had boiled so it was nice and tender, I also had bell pepper and onions in it. Well i guess I was not eating slow enough but I had a pepper and it got stuck and let me tell you that is the worst feeling. TMI but they are not lying about the foam that comes back up. It was nasty so after about 5-10 minutes it finally passed and I was able to finish my meal. Let's just say I really focused on chewing and eating more slowly. Moral of the story, we may not have restriction but things will still get stuck, so chew, chew, chew and eat slowly. Take care guys and remember me at your next meal so you will head my warning. Bye guys. Til tomorrow.:scared2:

Amanda, I am soo skeered of this happening. I ate some chicken last night and I swear a must of spent about 15 mins chewing one little bit, overkill I'm sure. Peppers are gassy and fiberous, they probably require more chewing than most, i would think.

I started exercising at 12 days post-op, hiking/running for 45 mins. I do it at least every other day, but would like to do more.

You can see what a difference exercise makes when you log your calories. ! :)

That is a huge difference when you are already eating so few calories (compared to the old days I mean).

Gen ~I agree! We are already eating such low calories, I don't think any of us can cut anymore calories, the only thing we can do to expedite weight loss is EXERCISE. I am walking but only 10 days post op and I don't think I want to try running just yet, think I will try to add some light jogging next week.

hey everyone. was banded yesterday. did well other than when they gave me morphine, it make me nauseated. so they gave me reglan and that seemed to help. not alot of gas. have 5 incisions and really there is only pain on the left. side. but trying to walk. keeping small amnts of Water down. very pleased so far.

Leigna~ I am so glad you are doing well. Like Amanda said, try the popcicles, they helped me too!

I'm banded!! 9/23!!

I am doing pretty well...some pain and discomfort, but overall I think pretty well.

?? for those of you banded....I have major pain in my band area and stomach area after I drink water or sip Soup or anything....I had the barium swallow yesterday and saw liquid go through no problem....is this just gas pain??

Pookie~I get that tightness/pain if I drink/eat too much too fast. Have to sip very slowly and wait a little while between sips. I am still having gas pains with all the walking I'm doing and the GasX is definately helping.

HAPPY TGIF EVERYONE!

Amanda, I am soo skeered of this happening. I ate some chicken last night and I swear a must of spent about 15 mins chewing one little bit, overkill I'm sure. Peppers are gassy and fiberous, they probably require more chewing than most, i would think.

Yeah! I really do think it was the pepper. I'm glad you are doing well!

Well, it's been a week since I was banded, and I'm back at work today. But I already feel like I need to go home and have a nap!

I haven't been counting my Proteins and feel like it's really hard to get enough. My doc wants at least 50 g/day. I only have the flavored Protein Powder, so I think if I got some unflavored and could add it to Soups and broths, it might work. I am SO tired of sweet smoothies already.

Cheers to all the Sept. bandsters!

Deb :scared2:

Well...........i'm worried. I have having port site pain, and redness. It's also hard and warm to the touch. I'm not running a fever or feeling sick. My port site just hurts alot.

I am going to the doctor on Tuesday, I hope they don't have to remove the port.............if I have an infection and they have to remove the port then i'm just going to have everything removed. I'm not going to chance getting another infection. THIS SUCKS

Well...........i'm worried. I have having port site pain, and redness. It's also hard and warm to the touch. I'm not running a fever or feeling sick. My port site just hurts alot.

I am going to the doctor on Tuesday, I hope they don't have to remove the port.............if I have an infection and they have to remove the port then i'm just going to have everything removed. I'm not going to chance getting another infection. THIS SUCKS

Don't throw in the towel yet. My port site is still sore to the touch. You don't have a fever, maybe it is just taking longer to heal, everyone heals at their own rate. I hope you can keep you band, your doing so well with your weightloss!:scared2:

I really pray that you are alright. I agree with the others-no fever no infection. Are you touching and pushing on it a lot. leave it be. It will be okay.:scared2:

I had redness, pain and it also felt warm to the touch. I showed it to my primary and he suggested I use oral antibiotics. But, He also said that since I had no fever I could also try just putting some antibiotic ointment on it. I don't really like to use oral antibiotics. So, I opted for the topical. But, he told me that if it got worse I would have no choice but to begin an oral regimen.

I washed the site with antibacterial soap, dried it well and applied a triple antibiotic ointment. This was about a week or so ago. It has gotten better. I can still see a little redness but, despite that it's drying up well. The pain continued for a bit and now it's just a little itchy... Good Luck I hope you feel better..Don't give up, We've come such a long way..

OK so at my post-op appt the doctor said I could move on to regular foods and I have been doing good, until tonight. I was eating some chicken that I had boiled so it was nice and tender, I also had bell pepper and onions in it. Well i guess I was not eating slow enough but I had a pepper and it got stuck and let me tell you that is the worst feeling. TMI but they are not lying about the foam that comes back up. It was nasty so after about 5-10 minutes it finally passed and I was able to finish my meal. Let's just say I really focused on chewing and eating more slowly. Moral of the story, we may not have restriction but things will still get stuck, so chew, chew, chew and eat slowly. Take care guys and remember me at your next meal so you will head my warning. Bye guys. Til tomorrow.:scared2:
I have had the foam thing too. It's horrible! You try to clear your throat, or burp and you spend 5 minutes spewing bubbly stuff. gross huh

OMG.. This happened to me too. I had eaten Breakfast (Oatmeal) and I was planning for a Protein Shake for lunch. Well I had company and before I knew it, I was rushing out the door to my daughters back to school night. It was late when I returned and I was Starving!!.. I warmed up a chicken thigh. I chewed and chewed the first bite went down okay. But, the second got Stuck!! It was Horrible!! I felt the worse pain in my chest. I must admit I panicked a little.:) I went outside and started walking and walking. I'm not sure if that would help but, I couldn't just stay still and die! (okay.. Drama..) Then I started with the foaming. I was walking and spitting. Gross! I think it's your bodies natural lubricant to try and pass whatever is obstructed. I started to stretch my arms out. They suggest you do this to open up your chest.. I'm not sure if it helped but, 15 to 20 minutes later I felt better. This happened on Tuesday and even though I didn't throw up I went back to liquids and mushies. It Was Scary!! It's now Friday and I've lost 2 pounds since my ordeal. Even though I haven't had a fill, apparently I do have restriction.. Ladies be Carefull... Don't let the fact that you can gulp down Water with no problem fool you.. It's Scary.. Chew, Chew and Re-Chew..

Edited by Soco

Hi hope everyone is doing good...I am still having gas and runny green stuff (I know TMI) I have been taking gas x for the whole 9 days post op. I emailed my dr and I'm waiting for a response.

My port site is still hurting but I hear it last 4-6 weeks, so hang in there.

can you send me the link to the sept support ????

Thanks

September 09 Bandsters - LAP-BAND

Hi Everyone...

Congratulations to all who had, or are having, their bands done this month. I'm going to be having my surgery on October 13. Any words of advise? I've been on a Pre-Op diet for 2 weeks and my weight loss has fluctuated between 8 pounds and 5.5 pounds...I've been doing the Atkins diet but the weight doesn't seem to be coming off fast enough. I've only got 2 weeks to go to get the other 9 to 6 pounds off (depending upon where my fluctuation is)...I was told I needed to lose 5% of my body weight (278 to start)....Any suggestions for quick weight loss the last 2 weeks?

Quick weightloss preop - 5 Unjury Protein Shakes a day - nothing else but 2 cups of veggies (not potatoes) regular veggies; mushrooms tomatoes, onions, peppers, brocollli. Alot of hot broth. I lost 14 lbs in two weeks. Crazy.

Oh no don't give up you will be fine - it will be worse to undo everything and heal all over. hang in there.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I was banded 2 days ago. I'm still in quite a bit of pain, but it's to be expected.

I'm a little nervous, ok I'm a lot nervous of this journey, but it's one day at a time, one meal at a time.

Hope everyone is well!

Sandy

Just wanted to introduce myself. I was banded 2 days ago. I'm still in quite a bit of pain, but it's to be expected.

I'm a little nervous, ok I'm a lot nervous of this journey, but it's one day at a time, one meal at a time.

Hope everyone is well!

Sandy

Hi Sandy-

you are definately not alone on the nervous part. I was banded on sept 16th and am now almost on my eleventh day on the full liquid diet and there are some days that i am wondering if i am going to be able to do this...but the surgery was totally worth it! The pain will subside in a few days and you will be feeling much better. Good luck!:(

OMG.. This happened to me too. I had eaten breakfast (Oatmeal) and I was planning for a Protein Shake for lunch. Well I had company and before I knew it, I was rushing out the door to my daughters back to school night. It was late when I returned and I was Starving!!.. I warmed up a chicken thigh. I chewed and chewed the first bite went down okay. But, the second got Stuck!! It was Horrible!! I felt the worse pain in my chest. I must admit I panicked a little.:( I went outside and started walking and walking. I'm not sure if that would help but, I couldn't just stay still and die! (okay.. Drama..) Then I started with the foaming. I was walking and spitting. Gross! I think it's your bodies natural lubricant to try and pass whatever is obstructed. I started to stretch my arms out. They suggest you do this to open up your chest.. I'm not sure if it helped but, 15 to 20 minutes later I felt better. This happened on Tuesday and even though I didn't throw up I went back to liquids and mushies. It Was Scary!! It's now Friday and I've lost 2 pounds since my ordeal. Even though I haven't had a fill, apparently I do have restriction.. Ladies be Carefull... Don't let the fact that you can gulp down Water with no problem fool you.. It's Scary.. Chew, Chew and Re-Chew..

I couldn't agree more.

I had redness, pain and it also felt warm to the touch. I showed it to my primary and he suggested I use oral antibiotics. But, He also said that since I had no fever I could also try just putting some antibiotic ointment on it. I don't really like to use oral antibiotics. So, I opted for the topical. But, he told me that if it got worse I would have no choice but to begin an oral regimen.

I washed the site with antibacterial soap, dried it well and applied a triple antibiotic ointment. This was about a week or so ago. It has gotten better. I can still see a little redness but, despite that it's drying up well. The pain continued for a bit and now it's just a little itchy... Good Luck I hope you feel better..Don't give up, We've come such a long way..

I had already done the antibiotic topical for 2days and it got worse, I have an appt Tuesday but since there was alot of hardness and burning around and on top of my insicion my sister (who is a nurse) told me that I should at least have it looked at before Tuesday -the only reason it's not til tuesday is because of the time it takes me to get up there and it has to fit into a certain time after I drop off my son and before I can pick him up- ANYWAY........so I called my primary here and guess what the WHOLE office was closed, the whole freakin' office at a class.........so i went to the ER on base just to get antibiotics and once i got there I noticed it was starting to puss and so end of the story is I have cellulitis (which i've had before after my csection with my son) and they gave me meds and told me to watch for fever. I also started having some lightheadedness on the drive to drop my kids off at my friends. I guess i'll know more tuesday