Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Need to join your group I had surgery 9/06 weight 261 current weight 237 goal weight 161 Now I am getting close to my 1 year but I am not totally upset because I know if I didn't have the band I would have gained this year Since I was a self pay I've decided I didn't do this just to lose 25 lbs. I take all the responsibility of my not fast loss because I do eat things that have high calories Had a lot of stress past year like we all do but I am determined now to get on the stick. Since July have had several fills Have increased exercise 5 days a week curves is my goal and joined my dr support group. Glad to know not only one who is a slow loser but not a quiter.

Had a really weird thing happen though couple weeks ago. After nurse did my fill solution squirted out so she checked to see how much had squirted out and refilled. I went back to the doctor this week, 2 weeks later and he rechecked said I was at 2.8 and added .6 He also said I shouldn't compare fills but I still think I am at the brink of just being where I should be. Anyway just was wondering if anyone ever had the squirting happen and do you just know when you are totally there. I eat small bites, and still enjoy eating some whole wheat Pizza Crust with our homemade pizza. but have to eat very very small bites but that is ok because I have gulped soo much in my life I am just getting my average life time bite size down. Am doing better this week but just feel not quite there yet.

Thanks

LInda51

Keep trying to work with it and we are all behind you, or with you for that matters. I feel that a pound lost is better that gain and I am happy to be where I am than where I been. I am 4 months band and is happy to be on this journey. I am also self-paid. so I know the cost was great and I don't want to waste the money or the opportunity to lose weight.

A few set backs can't stop you.

Let me know how you are doing?

Little shirl

I Understand Where You Are Coming From And Like The Bracelet Idea Good Imagination. This Is My First Time On This So Hope I'm Doing It Right. Went To Fla In Feb And Had The Symbol For Strength In Chinese Tatooed (sp?) On My Forearm (fake One With The Kids Of Course. But, It Gave Me A Reminder Of My Strength Everytime I Picked Up Something To Eat. See Ya

I am new to this board. I was banded 2/27/07 and have only lost 20 lbs.. Seem kind of slow to me. I thought this was going to be a little easier than it has been. Need lots of help!!!

Kim

I am also a slow loser too. I was banded on 7/11/07 and have only lost about 5 lbs. I have my first fill on 8/16/07. Hopefully I will start to loose a lot more weight per month but it is better to loose slower than faster. I don't get on the website much because I don't have internet coverage at home. Just at work.

I think I am in with no problem!! I was banded in April and as of today have lost 20lbs =[ that is about a pound a week but it isn't coming off like that. So what do you say fearless leader........ can i join?

Angie 38,

Don't Worry It Will Start To Come Off Again With Time. I Have Been At A Plateau For About 3-4 Months. Was Banded 11/06 And Have Lost 30lbs Did Loose 37lbs But Gained A Few Back Because I Hurt My Ankle And Couldn't Go To The Gym. Had A Cortisone Injection And Feel Great Now. So No Excuses Back To The Gym. Good Luck And Keep Your Chin Up!

Speed Racer

I Understand Where You Are Coming From And Like The Bracelet Idea Good Imagination. This Is My First Time On This So Hope I'm Doing It Right. Went To Fla In Feb And Had The Symbol For Strength In Chinese Tatooed (sp?) On My Forearm (fake One With The Kids Of Course. But, It Gave Me A Reminder Of My Strength Everytime I Picked Up Something To Eat. See Ya

I love that idea! I think once I get down to 150 I am going to get that permanently tattooed. I am not sure where....... but i love that! :clap2:

I am 4 foot 10 inches and my goal weight is 125. 99 lbs is too little I would think. Good luck!

I am 4' 11 and my goal weight is 120. No way would i want to be 99lbs! that is too small for my frame.

lol

i was banded on 16/8/07............and after 4 days i was able to eat all kind of food..............what do u think?

I have been having the same problem since May, they put the needle in my port to check how much was in my band then put it back in and it has not been right since, that was the second week in May and I have only lost 5 pounds since then. I have been back almost ever two weeks to get more fill then one time they thought I had too much in so took a little out, then that was to lose, and now they are going to do a berriam swallow next week to see if everything is ok, I still don't feel enough restriction most of the time. I was banded Oct. 25, 06 and have only lost about 45 pounds so far and have at least 40 to go. The biggest problem is I am self pay and my year is running out soon, then what???? I wanted to have most of this off by my year anniversary so I wouldn't have to go back but that just has not happened. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions? Thanks Linda

There's nothing magical about reaching the one year mark. There's no 'window of opportunity" like the bypass has. It can be a bummer if you aren't where you want to be by a certain time, but that's about it. Unfortunately, some people have more trouble getting that "sweet spot" than others do.

Good luck!