Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delray Beach, FL, thinking about being banded

Guest bethanypfunk

Guest bethanypfunk

Hi all, I am a 25 year old woman, I can't not remember a time in my life when I wasn't fat, actually I think in kindergarden I was about the normal size for a kid my age, but still I was made fun of for being fat, after that I became fat and have been all of my live. Both my parents also have weight problems but didn't untill they were older. I currently weight somewhere around 265, give or take, I try not to weigh myself. I have tried everything from normal diets to fad diets to diet pills of all kinds and even starving myslef when I was in high school. I either lose no weight at all, or lose some and then gain that plus back. I don't know what to do anymore, I am to the point where I can't even look in the mirror. Something has to change! I have a good friend who got a band a few years ago and he says that it was well worth it. He also told me about this site. So anyway I was just wondering, what those of you who have been through this thinks. Is it worth it, do you feel better about youself even if you ahvent lost much yet. Have you found it diffacult to change your lifestyle? Well thats about all that I can think of at the moment. Please share your thoughts, I really need help.

(and I am sorry for my spelling I have dyslexia, so I hope you understood all of that)

Much Love

Beth

Hi Bethany~I've only been banded for three weeks but I can tell you that I have no regrets. I only lost 7.4 lbs after the first 2 weeks but the reason I chose the Lap-Band was so I would lose more slowly than with bypass surgery. I don't know anyone else personally who has had Lap-band but after checking out this site since February this year I would guess that the majority of people who have done it are happy they did. Good luck with your decision making. Only you can decide for yourself.:) Val

I've been banded for alittle over to 2 years now, and I have to say that it's been the best thing that I could have ever done.

I started gaining weight when I was raped at the age of 10, and at 15 my mom passed away so after that food was my frien and comfort and has been up until the day I had surgery. I have to say if I had it to do over again I would do again with a second thought. I recommend it to all off the people that I know who are over weight.

Beth if you get banded you will not be sorry. I to was over weight through alot of my child hood. I was banded 6 months ago and if I had it to do over I would do it again! I'm down a total of 66 pounds since febuary 2005. I feel 100% better about myself since being banded. I have hope that each day I get up, will be one more day my knees don't hurt when I stand all day and 1 more day to run and play with my 6 year old daughter and 1 more day to be able to excersice without feeling winded as quickly....1 more day to live life instead of sitting around feeling sorry for my self. Life is so much better and healthier for me and I'm only half way to my goal. But I know that with my band I will get there.... and that is something I was never able to say before being banded. Good luck with your decision!!

I wish you lots of love, health and happines!!