Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group- 5 day Pouch Test

OK, I didn't make it one day. I have been starving all day and have eaten everything in sight. Guess I will start over tomorrow....anyone else having this problem? Are you finding that this is helping you kick the carbs? I think I am just not well prepared to be at work without food. I work 10 hour days, so I need to bring a LOT of liquids. I may just wait until Saturday when I am at home to start again. Anyone use nectar or Isopure? I cannot drink an entire Protein Shake (Unjury). Any suggestions?

yes yesterday was hard! I was starving but I embraced what I read about "drink as much as you want" lol

I was drinking all day! I had slim fast shakes, muscle milk, crystal light, broth, Soup, a latte and last night I was really feeling deprived so I scooped some frozen yogurt into the blender with some ensure. That's liquid right?! lol

Today has been easier and I've actually toyed with the idea of doing another liquid day. I think it's really breaking my grazing habit well maybe not "breakig it" but it's making me realize how often I want to stick food in my mouth! and I'm really feeling again what hunger feels like!

good luck to you!!! yes stock up and remember you can have all the liquids you want :thumbup:

OK, I didn't make it one day. I have been starving all day and have eaten everything in sight. Guess I will start over tomorrow....anyone else having this problem? Are you finding that this is helping you kick the carbs? I think I am just not well prepared to be at work without food. I work 10 hour days, so I need to bring a LOT of liquids. I may just wait until Saturday when I am at home to start again. Anyone use nectar or Isopure? I cannot drink an entire Protein shake (Unjury). Any suggestions?

I am with you girl!!! Day one went great. Day two we went to town. I was good all morning. Soy milk carrot juice and isopure. MMMMM until I ran out!!!

by 3 I was starving. so I took my kids out to Mongolian BBQ which is one of those places where we can load up a bowl with meat veggies noodles and sauces and they cook it on a round grill right in front of us. So I figured if I was going to break the PT I was going to do it with just meat and veggies (no noodles) which really are my favorite. So I ate lapband style. But real food. And we had leftovers of the same for dinner. Man I woke up HUNGERY this morning day 3!!!!!!!!! YUCK I am just going to call it quits for this week because I know the weekends are impossible.

BUT NOT GIVING UP! MONDAY I WILL GET A FRESH START AND I WILL SUCCEED IN THE 5 DAY PT.

SO call me CRAZY but I've decided to go one more day of liquids!:tongue_smilie: Day one sucked but day two went a lot better so I figured heck the worst of it is over, I can do one more day. Besides my hubby had jaw reconstruction surgery a few weeks ago and is wired shut for 6weeks and on all liquids. Dont' really have anyone to cook for so might as well join him on the liquids! He is also happy to have a partner in his misery, so last night we bleneded up some Soup and enjoyed out liquid diet together! :frown:

Banded 1/15/2008

start weight 280:eek:

Lowest 3/2009 - 203:tt2:

lbs creped back on .... 7/2009 210:eek:

current 7/10/2009 208:thumbup:

When I tried it 2 weeks ago, I survived through Day 4. On Day 5, which was a Friday, we had a pizza Party for our clients and staff at lunchtime. Needless to say, I blew it. Since it was my first attempt, I actually did better than I expected. And it did help to curb my carbs into that next week as well although I did not follow the plan the next week. I want to start again this Monday.The weekends are always hard for me and that includes Friday evening/night.

I am at a slow period and want to do the 5 day test but i read a post that scared the crap out me. She said that she went on the 5 day test and lost weight and then as soon as she was done she gained it back and it took her 9 days to get back to where is was before the test. Has anyone had that problem?

I am at a slow period and want to do the 5 day test but i read a post that scared the crap out me. She said that she went on the 5 day test and lost weight and then as soon as she was done she gained it back and it took her 9 days to get back to where is was before the test. Has anyone had that problem?

with my luck, I won't be surprised if that happens to me.

I am on week 2, I have lost 6 lbs so far (had not lost any weight in well over a month).

I am doing 3 days of liquids instead of 2.

Hi just started the Test - on day 2 today!

I think I can make it to day 3, waiting for the Soft Protein!

Wishing all who are on the PT - Best of Luck!!

Hey everyone, I am on day 3. The two days of all liquids were really hard but I did it. I have pretty much been at a stand still on my weight since December. I hope this gets things going for me. If not I guess I will be getting a fill.

I had surgery on March 13 2008. I have been married for 19 years. I have 3 children, 9, 6, 5.

I have done it without gaining any back. You just need to watch what your eating after you go off. if you start eating like you did before the test, then yes you will gain it back.

Hey everyone, I am on day 3. The two days of all liquids were really hard but I did it. I have pretty much been at a stand still on my weight since December. I hope this gets things going for me. If not I guess I will be getting a fill.

I had surgery on March 13 2008. I have been married for 19 years. I have 3 children, 9, 6, 5.

Ok, I have been recommending the 5 Day Pouch Test to everybody and even purchased the manual, but I have a question and I couldn't find the answer on the website or in the manual, when it says on the 3rd day "you get to eat as much as you want as often as you want"..."but you only get to eat for 15 minutes each time you sit down to eat". It doesn't mention eating SLOW. And does that mean that after you wait the suggested 30 minutes after eating, then you can just eat again for another 15 minutes? I know I sound a bit duh:unsure:, but I have to understand something before I can do it and there was really no explanation of this. Since you've made it to the 3rd day, I thought you could explain.

Thanks

I really dont know the answer. I was satified eating every 3 hrs so I did not eat in between. I am sorry I could not answer your question.

I really dont know the answer. I was satified eating every 3 hrs so I did not eat in between. I am sorry I could not answer your question.

Thank you for your response. Ok, but when you ate did you only eat for 15 minutes like the "test" says? I'm one of these of these people that if it says "eat for only 15 minutes", "I think you're supposed to do that exactly and I just don't understand why the 15 minutes is important, especially after say the "eat anything and as much as you want". I think if you have a whole website devoted to this plan and even write a manual, it should explain more. That's why I bought the manual because I thought it would cover it more fully, but I would advise people to save their money because you can get exactly the same words free on the website. BTW, I would ask the lady who has the website but she has no contact info posted...sorry, for the rant:smile:

Well, tomorrow is Thursday but that is when I am going to start the 5 day pouch diet.I did this about 6 months ago but don't really remember what I am supposed to do besides liquids only for the first 2 days. Can somebody tell me where I should look to find out exactly how to do this? And to Loving lapband living...thank you for getting this going. It is definitely whatI need. I strayed on the 4th of July and just have not been able to get back into what I should be doing. Hopefully I can succeed. As I recall, it was pretty difficult to do.

Thank you for your response. Ok, but when you ate did you only eat for 15 minutes like the "test" says? I'm one of these of these people that if it says "eat for only 15 minutes", "I think you're supposed to do that exactly and I just don't understand why the 15 minutes is important, especially after say the "eat anything and as much as you want". I think if you have a whole website devoted to this plan and even write a manual, it should explain more. That's why I bought the manual because I thought it would cover it more fully, but I would advise people to save their money because you can get exactly the same words free on the website. BTW, I would ask the lady who has the website but she has no contact info posted...sorry, for the rant:smile:

I followed bandster rules about eating slow. At 15 min. I stopped eating. Usually I found out I was sated and not hungry for a while. I think I ate 4 or 5 times that day. On day 4 I ate 3 times and 1 snack. It does leave room for interpretation though. Good luck with it.

Well, tomorrow is Thursday but that is when I am going to start the 5 day pouch diet.I did this about 6 months ago but don't really remember what I am supposed to do besides liquids only for the first 2 days. Can somebody tell me where I should look to find out exactly how to do this? And to Loving lapband living...thank you for getting this going. It is definitely whatI need. I strayed on the 4th of July and just have not been able to get back into what I should be doing. Hopefully I can succeed. As I recall, it was pretty difficult to do.

Just google the 5day pouch test. It will take you to it. Good luck