Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I knew then What I know Now!!!

I wish I had throat lozengers (?spelling) for after surgery, my thraot was so sore and it took 5 hours to get some because they needed my surgeons order before they could give it to me. I suggest bringing them to the hospital.

Take it slow and don't feel like a failure if you see posts on here where someone who had the same surgery date as you is ahead of you in the weight loss column. Everyone is different.

Call your surgeon for everything you question, even after hours, that is what they get paid for!

Try different types of Protein Drinks in case you don't like them. Post surgery, remember it is about healing and not loosing.

Good luck!

Learning about the band is a process that you have to find out on your own. There are things everyday that I know that I could do different. After all, if I could control my bad eating habits I wouldnt need the band. I love the band. For me, I was most worried about always being hungry and not being able to eat. But after some months when the weight loss really starts to turn heads and the compliments start pouring in....it is all worth it. And after a while when you become comfortable and know the ends and outs of your band and your personal restrictions then it becomes a part of your life and you begin to reap all the benefits from the loss of weight. Everyday is a learning experience..just remember....it didnt take you a short time to gain it so just relax and let the band take it off. Good luck and congratulations.

Well in hind sight (and it has taken me 6 years and a lot of problems and tons of weight regain to come to this conclusion) I wish I had had the option (which I didn't) to have RNY as I think it would have been better for me. Don't get me wrong, the band during the most part has been great, but it hasn't done what it said on the label for mke and believe me I have worked darned hard with it. I have almost died twice with associated problems (kinked tube and erosion) so I guess enough is enough. I wish all my fellow bandsters all the luck and success in the world....it does work....I lost 168lbs initially but have put over 70 back on and very quickly. I will hopefully be revised to a gastric bypass in the next couple of weeks or months so will begin my journey again all being well.

I agree with cgail in that it is not a magic bullet. It's funny because I heard that statement a million times before I had surgery and I said it outloud so many times, both to myself and to the handlful of people I told I was having the surgery. That being said, I still thought it was. Now don't misunderstand me... I am so glad I did it and I would do again in a NY minute, but I didn't follow the rules in the beginning. As a matter of fact, it's just over a year since my surgery and I am only now starting to follow the rules. But I also still lost weight. Maybe not as quickly as I would have had I followed the rules from day 1. However, I guess I really had to find it out for myself. A year later, my mind is finally starting to catch up with my stomach. The surgery doesn't change that part. Just because you can no longer physically eat a whole pizza doesn't mean you still don't want to and might even try to... Anyway, I am down almost 60lbs and thrilled so again, it's totally worth it in the end. Just be preparted for the fact that your mind likely won't change right away and it's hard to get used to that.

In addition, I also had to filled multiple times before I had great restriction. I am 6ccs (10cc band) now and have been for a bit. I am not ready to be filled again. I think this might be my sweet spot. It's coming off slow, but it's coming off... :blushing:

Yes! It's so nice to hear that other people cheat. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only bad girl. I would still do the lap band again, like COSkinny girl. Right now, I am searching for solutions to work on my mind. A size 12 is not fat, but for a short girl, its in no way skinny! I am going to do one more fill, but I am floundering right now with my old emotional need-to-gratify issues, and it sure is slowing me down. And again, as I've said before (I never know which thread I say things in - so I repeat myself) I'm not gaining weight when I hit my low points. Before, I would gain five to 10 lbs with emotional eating - and never get them off. Now, I emotional eat, but I don't gain - if that is my "magic" part of the band, I'll take it! The rest will have to be team work.

Well in hind sight (and it has taken me 6 years and a lot of problems and tons of weight regain to come to this conclusion) I wish I had had the option (which I didn't) to have RNY as I think it would have been better for me. Don't get me wrong, the band during the most part has been great, but it hasn't done what it said on the label for mke and believe me I have worked darned hard with it. I have almost died twice with associated problems (kinked tube and erosion) so I guess enough is enough. I wish all my fellow bandsters all the luck and success in the world....it does work....I lost 168lbs initially but have put over 70 back on and very quickly. I will hopefully be revised to a gastric bypass in the next couple of weeks or months so will begin my journey again all being well.

Good luck with the revision.

Did you gain 70lbs back with the band, or had they already removed the band?

Completely agreed!! I still struggle with my emotional eating too but do have the luxury of not gaining when I do it... :blushing:

I've been pretty lucky this last year because the band has worked very well for me but I wish i would of chewwed my food more, I think I might of Pb'd so much if I would of followed that role a little better. I wish i would of worked out a little more during those months I had a small weight lose. Other than that i dont think I can complain too much.

if i knew then what i know now, i'd have had my band done a whole lot sooner. i already feel and look so much better. i feel more like the me im supposed to be. corny i know but im already so much happier than i was at 225lbs.