Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6/5 Public Service Message >>>>

Its important to remember the funny things....

We all are in the midst of a journey obviously, but I am a firm believer that a little bit of humor makes everything better: food, Exercise, Sex, and yes... even our PB'ing and BM's.

So I was thinking the this morning about the funniest thing that has happened to me since I started this journey seven months ago. (You know prior to the dreaded 6 mo diet and exercise bull shit). My wife, who is a 3rd grade teacher, was running late to our "pre-op" support group meeting at the surgeon's office. Basically, I later found out that this "support group meeting" is more-or-less an "ok, this is the crap you need to do if you want insurance to pay for you to be thin. If not, you are going to have to pay X...."

To make a long story short, I remember getting mad because wifey was late, and I called her. I glanced back into the room, and realized all the seats were being taken up. I clearly remember saying "Sarah... hurry up... all the fat people are taking all the good seats".

Funny how looking back on that now I just laugh. Oh-Well. Have a great weekend.

Another great PSM!! Keep them coming. I can't think of anything funny that happened during my 6-month pre-op journey. My only out of the ordinary is day of surgery, anesthesia all of a sudden told me I was staying overnight because of sleep apnea. I was like, fine, but which one of you is giving me a ride home. Needless to say, surgeon got on the phone himself and made arrangements for a cab to take me 85 miles home. My group counseling meetings were somewhat useless because there were never any banders there, only bypass people. Because I'm a low BMI patient, I would definitely get the evil eye, like, what are you doing here. L

Keep the messages coming...always need a good laugh

Trisha in da Poconos (Banded June 1, '09)

Edited by pennreporter

Only thing that i can think of that was funny is when I first went to the seminar for the lapband. This really nice lady was sitting infront of me and my husband. My husband said something (I don't remember what it was now) but apparently it was funny enough to make he laugh so hard she snorted. My hubby thought it was so funny that she did that, that, he kept snorted and everytime he did, shed laugh hard and snort too...it made the whole room including the doctor and his staff laugh really hard.

Only thing that i can think of that was funny is when I first went to the seminar for the lapband. This really nice lady was sitting infront of me and my husband. My husband said something (I don't remember what it was now) but apparently it was funny enough to make he laugh so hard she snorted. My hubby thought it was so funny that she did that, that, he kept snorted and everytime he did, shed laugh hard and snort too...it made the whole room including the doctor and his staff laugh really hard.

Im cracking up at this!!! TOO FUNNY!!

I remember that I hadn't shaved my legs for weeks before surgery (it was winter - kinda). So the night before, I decided to take care of that n shave, finally. Well the light bulb had burnt out in the bathroom n I did a very patchy job. Unfortunately I didn't realize just how patchy until the next day when I was being prepped for surgery,and the nurses (both male, to my horror) were sticking those button looking things for the ekg on my legs. That's when I noticed I had random rugs n strips of hair on my legs. I was super duper embarrassed!! N then it happened again when a different male nurse put my compression stockings on. It's funny now. Especially knowing I'll never see any of them again. Lol.

At my pre-surgery seminar we went to an educational building for the meeting. It started at 5:30 so most of the building was quiet and abandonded...When we went through the door there was a security guard and he said, "First door to the right." I asked my husband how he knew what we were there for and then realized everyone at the meeting was a person of size. Would have been bad for someone who was going to another meeting to end up at a WLS meeting. Then again may have been an omen....

I teach over an hour away from where my preop meeting was, and it started at 4:30. As you can imagine, we were running late. Well, after than meeting, I decided to make the most of my drive and stay for the post op seminar too. Well, I hadn't had lunch since 11:25 (when my kiddies eat), so by the time the meeting was over, I was starving. Apparently my husband has ESP because while the lady was talking about making good food choices, etc., hubby passed me a note saying, "Where are we gonna eat when this is over?" It struck me very funny and I died laughing! Inappropriate laughter is always the best!