Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am aggravated...diet help please!!!!

Banded on 4/27 and my second fill on Monday,I still don't feel any restriction and b/c I am scared to over eat,I know I am not eating enough. I have looked all over the internet for an actual diet plan that is high Protein, low fat,and has little carbs. I am starting to get discouraged and my husband being deployed to Iraq is making it worse. I just wanna get in bed and cry! According to the scales on Monday I have lost 10 lbs,and honestly I think I lost more in the same time frame when I did LA weight loss. I don't want anyone to sugarcoat this or feel sorry for me,I want to be successful at this and I am working out,but REALLY struggling with eating the way I should. I went to see a personal trainer today to check out her program,well she didn't make me feel any better with how "bad" I did on her "fitness test" and she will need at least 30 sessions with me for 1050.00 and how I should take it b/c I need a lotta help..geezzzzzzzzzzzzz:cursing:

Pudgy

You could try looking at a cystic fibrosis menu, people with cf are thin and have to have high Protein meals so you could try that.

Pudgy,

Your doctor should be able to provide you with a good food list.

High Protein low fat low carbs is like Atkins (just don't eat a lot of fat) or I think south beach.

I also agree your surgeon could help

Or you could just do it yourself. That type of thing is easy. Eat lean meats turkey chicken pork eggs

use low fat butter sparingly

eat green veggies (avoid potatoes, peas, carrots)

bread use cautiously....you can find low carb/high Fiber stuff (like my mission tortillas that have tons of fiber but still 5 carbs) and so on. You don't really need a formal diet.

Hang in there pudgy, I can understand your frustration.. I was banded on the 7th of April and am going in for my second fill today. The difference between the band and any other diets we all may have been on is that this is lifelong change and there is no putting back on the weight you have lost and another 10 or so pounds as well. May i suggest seeing another personal trainer? one that maybe more understanding to your situation, you cant really train with someone who doesn't make you feel comfortable. As for diet advice im not one for counting calories or journaling so im the last that can comment on that, but I have Protein first and veg second, I cant eat bread, but rice in small doses is ok for me and that amount for me is about 1/2 a cup, but i have 4 instead of 3 meals.

Keep your chin up and your eyes towards the goal at the end.

Ally

Banded on 4/27 and my second fill on Monday,I still don't feel any restriction and b/c I am scared to over eat,I know I am not eating enough. I have looked all over the internet for an actual diet plan that is high Protein, low fat,and has little carbs. I am starting to get discouraged and my husband being deployed to Iraq is making it worse. I just wanna get in bed and cry! According to the scales on Monday I have lost 10 lbs,and honestly I think I lost more in the same time frame when I did LA weight loss. I don't want anyone to sugarcoat this or feel sorry for me,I want to be successful at this and I am working out,but REALLY struggling with eating the way I should. I went to see a personal trainer today to check out her program,well she didn't make me feel any better with how "bad" I did on her "fitness test" and she will need at least 30 sessions with me for 1050.00 and how I should take it b/c I need a lotta help..geezzzzzzzzzzzzz:cursing:

Pudgy

It's only been a little over a month since you were banded. I'm even surprised you had your first fill before you even would have had a chance to fully heal. Give yourself a break! Slow down and just keep following the high protein and doing your exercise. Protein and vegetables and then add some healthy other complex carbs if you must. Drink the protein shakes......thick ones.

Banded on 4/27 and my second fill on Monday,I still don't feel any restriction and b/c I am scared to over eat,I know I am not eating enough. I have looked all over the internet for an actual diet plan that is high Protein,low fat,and has little carbs. I am starting to get discouraged and my husband being deployed to Iraq is making it worse. I just wanna get in bed and cry! According to the scales on Monday I have lost 10 lbs,and honestly I think I lost more in the same time frame when I did LA weight loss. I don't want anyone to sugarcoat this or feel sorry for me,I want to be successful at this and I am working out,but REALLY struggling with eating the way I should. I went to see a personal trainer today to check out her program,well she didn't make me feel any better with how "bad" I did on her "fitness test" and she will need at least 30 sessions with me for 1050.00 and how I should take it b/c I need a lotta help..geezzzzzzzzzzzzz:cursing:

Pudgy

Hey there Pudgy --

I can understand your feelings --- my husband has done two deployments in 5 years....and those emotions alone are HORRIBLE to deal with.

I was banded on April 28th - and I get my 1st fill next week. I can not wait -I have absolutely NO RESTRICTION what so ever......

Take a look at the www.TheDailyPlate.com website. The basic site is free for anyone to use.

I have NOT eaten any bread/pasta products - keep pretty much to meats, green/color veggies and fruits, along with Protein drinks and shakes.

I have found that I can get my Protein in but I have to write everything down in a journal to make sure I have gotten enough of the protein (60-80grams) and the fluids (64oz +)

Good luck -- you are welcome to send me a private message if you want.

And THANK YOU for the service that your husband and YOU are making......... keep the faith!!:redface: