Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS sufferer looking for Dr. in Sydney

can anyone recommend a dr. in sydney? I've finally decided to do this surgery because I've exhausted all other options of getting pregnant with PCOS? Has anyone had success with PCOS/Banding/Pregnancy?

Hi Ms Poochie,

I have PCOS and one of the reasons why I had the op was to better my chances of conceiving. I was banded on 4 Feb this and have just gone off the pill to see if my periods become regular, like they were when I was a much lower weight. Will let you know how I go!

Hi, I have PCOS and 2 children. Both were conceived after losing weight on shake diets, which i just couldn't maintain. My first was after almost 2 years of trying, the second was after 2 months of weight loss and on the first attempt. Both were complicated pregnancies.

I had my band done at the end of August last year and was 108.3 kilos, I am now 85 kilos (but to be 100% honest with you, I would weigh alot less if I had put in a bit of effort, I have struggled with my will power alot).

I did start getting monthly periods for a while after the band went in, then a few months back they dissappeared again and all of a sudden last month they came back. So I am still getting some symptoms of the PCOS but I have another 15 kilos of weight loss to go.

I really believe with even a small weight loss it will make a huge difference in being able to conceive. Both of mine were conceived after around 10 kilos weigh loss (unfortunitely it was my normal patter of yoyo dieting but it did the job).

Good luck, i really hope it all works out and dont forget, as soon as you find out your pregnant go and see your Dr as you will need to get the fill removed from the bad.

Mumof2- I've tried shake diets but I just can't do it long term and I tend to not lose weight that way. Wish I could! I weigh 102 kilos currently so from past experience I need to get down to 70 or below for a period to occur which as you know without banding is next to impossible. Did you get your banding done in Sydney? If so, who did it and how much did it cost? Now that I've decided to do it, I can't wait for it to just happen so I can move on with my life. Besides, I'm 35 this year and desperate to have babies.

I had my band done in Brisbane. Do you have private health insurance or are you paying for it yourself. I know once you make the decision you just want it done straight away but if you took out health cover you could get it done after serving out a year waiting period (and you would still be saving thousands despite paying a year worth of payments). Best of luck with it, despite having PCOS there is no reason why you shouldn't be very successful with the band.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches